Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]

Current Objective:Observing meeting ---
Form: Lupus----
Mood: Sarcastic/Facepaw---

There had been a lot on the grey wolves mind lately. He had been doing his best to actually be a forward recognized member off the group. He wasn’t precisely what you would call the most social of individuals but he was following the rules and expectations laid out by the meeting. And that’s more than he could say for others. Of course his fur was still matted with blood from the hunt but he had been tired nd had put off cleaning himself. At least for the moment, there was a lot on his mind, mostly concerning the safety of X’y with the current Alpha Male in position. The main problem was that all of his links and lines of thought were all based upon evidence he had gathered from his own interactions, and the fateful encounter with the dog Amy. These whilst they were able to cause speculation towards the nature of the alpha were by no means concrete, and bringing them to light might damage relations within the pack even more for himself should he be proven entirely wrong about the entire thing.

And just as if she had been summoned by thought alone, the Alpha Female came toddling over towards him. Was she here to congratulate his recent hard work within the pack? And by her words, this seemed unlikely. She was just commenting on his current level of untidiness. ” Indeed, I was going to clean myself when I got up, finished a hunt and was tired…so I postponed cleaning till I was rested”. Despite her joking tone he felt as if he was explaining himself to her, after all one of the tenants of the pack was to keep oneself in a fit manner. The very fact he didn’t pick up on this humor in her tone might have indicated to her that his thoughts were elsewhere.

“ I suppose I should head to the lake then”

Said X’ies, standing and leaving his little hole in the earth. He would trod towards the exit of the communal dens. The thoughtful look still branded across his features.

Word Count:355

[/html]

Messages In This Thread