Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

A good natured barb was more of what she was expecting than this softly compliant male before it. She had believed her words would be taken as a joke, not in such a literal content to inspire action. At what was worse that dampened her elated mood was that her dear friend did not sound like himself. Off in the distance rather than here in the present. Twas the voice of contemplation and thought. But what could enthrall his mind so deeply that he wouldn’t joke back with her, she wondered, watching silently with dwindling smile as the Lambda walked away from the dens toward the lake.

He had gotten a little ways from her before the she-wolf finally came to her senses and galloped after to catch up with him. The tone etched across his face was troubling to say the least. It was a look that made her heart hammer faster and churn her stomach uncomfortably. None the less, she came alongside him and in friendly gesture knocked her shoulder against his own, hoping to stir him from his thoughts. “I was only joking with you, Xies…” she whined softly and again nudged his shoulder. “You do not smell that bad.” As if to emphasis her point, she had every intention of burying her nose in his matted fur to show his scent was not offensive at all. But if not for that, then to offer another kind of distraction from his deep train of thought.

“But if you’d like, I could help you a little… or perhaps we could assist each other.” Taking a childish bound toward the lake, she stopped abruptly and shook out her own unruly mane. “It has been a while since I’ve come down to the lake myself. Do you remember when we were younger? Or times near the river?”

307 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;