Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

And the precision strike of an Exultare never ceased to fail. Dragging him down into the water she briefly claimed her victorious pose on top giggling madly at her success before his movements beneath her compelled her to rise. She was reminded of their path, the joyous times of pups the more she laughed in his presence and experienced those like emotions she had had before. The only difference was that they were much older now, burdened by the weight of responsibility and the never ending quest for purpose. Moments like these the treasured where for a time the troublesome thoughts that came with age were forgotten and they could simply rekindle that childish spark they were unceremoniously robbed of by time.

Rolling off him, she waded in the shallows and allowed him to regain himself before she prepared another kind of assault. It was all fun and games... but there was of course a purpose for them coming here. She looked fondly to her grey companion, rolling her eyes when she had a full look at his unruly mane. Heavily matted and tangled as if he had never bothered to comb his claws through it once. Her eyes portrayed a soft reprimand for his state but it would soon disappear once he was groomed. Yet something more changed the look in her eyes and for a moment stilled her movements in the water.

Of all the things to ask her...why this? Above finding an appropriate answer, her mind wondered this for the sake of keeping her emotions controlled. The once calmed heart began its rampant beating in her chest drawing out a pain she had not felt since the loss of Salvador... and in turn, her mate. Why would he ask her this... because they were acting no different than children now? It was uncalled for...so hurtful... X'yrin did not know where to begin. "Oh..." was all she could muster immediately. Then a pause fell between them as her gaze drifted from her friend to the water as the transparent surface would grant her an answer.

"...it is not as if I haven't tried."

Finally collecting herself she breathed deeply and resumed a kind of calm. As she spoke she moved to be behind her friend and gently grasped at a fistful of unkempt mane. "It may be hard to believe, but I had a mate a little over a season ago," she offered lightly. "We tried to have children... believing it would be a permanent example of our love for each other... but it never happened." Again, she tugged at his mane then slipped her claws through the matted mess and began the process of detangling. "Once I only mirrored the effects because another female of the pack was carrying. And the second, the same occurred because I was looking after many pups at one time. ...and the third...well... I supposed the ancestors believed it was not to be. I was not well and overworked carrying for both the pups and new mother..." mildly, she picked at a knot until it was untangled. "as I said... it was not meant to be... But do tell me, have you managed to sire any children since I've been gone? No doubt they have adopted your alluring charm..."

547 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;