Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

She expected nothing other than his logic, despite how unforgiving it sounded to her ears. Just as she had, they were born into a pack that did not now the connections of love or felt the need to establish it beyond what one felt for their pack. To embrace such an idea of loving a single individual had been exciting and new. It opened a door she was more than willing to walk through without carrying the weight of regret. It had brought her such happiness and also such pain. She had felt jealousy, betrayal, a longing for more coupled with the devastation of its loss. She knew of it now and pitied her brethren for not knowing its effect nor being allowed to speak of it profoundly. And to her dear friend... she pitied him as well.

Methodically working through his mane, she was finally able to reach the top of his head and work through the matted clumps there. As they loosened under her touch, she was at last able to run her claws through the damp mane without a tangle coming into play. And though she was in essence finished with her task, she continued to comb her claws through.

"Of course you would think like that," she laughed softly to his logical outlook. "At times I forget whom I talking to. But what brought this on, my friend? Have you decided to finally sire pups of your own? A female with 'maximum potential'?" It wouldn't have been a strange idea, but as she said the words aloud, she thought back to how she had seen her friend before. Quiet and contemplative, as if pondering deeply on a troubling thought? Perhaps he had found someone of interest but did not know what to do... "...is this what had you in thought Xie's?" she inquired carefully, letting all manner of joking drift from her voice as she continued to comb through his mane.

325 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;