Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]

Current Objective: Wash wash wash ---
Form: Optime---
Mood: Curious-

He wasn’t sure why she was upset by him. Though he stood there as she gripped onto him for dear life in that emotional display. She was in pain, she was looking for something from him, something to indicate that he cared, this much he deduced. When she had started laughing, he had first thought that she found his offer amusing, though it quickly became apparent that it was a “ I either laugh or I cry” moment. And the laughter didn’t last that long. X’ies didn’t see what was so upsetting about the agreement, it was natural, nae even normal for their kind. Was this what love did to a person? Is this how weak it made them? If she pitied him for not having felt such a thing, then he pitied her for having felt it. In his grey, there was no light, but equally nor was there darkness. He existed in a state that excluded love and happiness, but because it did equally the converse side of the coin. Despair and self-loathing too had no place in his world. If one had to endure one to experience the other, he was more than content to do without.

He simply stood there as she gripped onto him. Looking down at her with confusion in his eyes, an almost childlike look that seemed to say “ I do not understand”. But of course, he didn’t; his experiences of such emotions were merely based upon his manipulations of other peoples. He was quite simply dulled to them, he had never sought love. Never experienced it, and now here he was seeing the results of it and he was shocked, stunned. The woman who had been laughing and playing only moments before reduced to this by the effects of a word. A feeling. And as his arms came up slowly, finally to comfort the female, holding her head with a hand to his shoulder. His mind began to consider these thoughts of what this emotion was.” I apologize if my words caused you pain…but what you say is true, I have never felt it…nor have I ever placed myself in a situation that would bring it about”. The thoughts encompassed him, the consequences of it….what it could do…

…and quite frankly…it terrified him.

WC:384

[/html]

Messages In This Thread