Consideration
[html]

Sorry for the delay >.<

"Asphyxia...who knows when he would finally find us? The children could be near birth, you could be unfit for travel...I don't want to take you away from everyone else who might protect you." He hadn't expected it to be easy to convince her, it had been hell convincing himself, and he had been unable to reach resolution at all until he met with her again. This path he'd chosen...a path he'd walked down so long ago, even before the woman he loved was born, it made demands on him also.

"You're not in danger, but only as long as he and I continue to stay within the rules. He doesn't want to hurt my family, but he did come here to kill me, Asphyxia, and I don't know what lengths he is willing to go to if I turn and flee. Because he is conducting himself in honorable fashion, it is expected of me to do the same. It is ceremony, intended to prevent the involvement of outside parties. He doesn't wish to trouble anyone else in his hunt for my life, so it falls to me to ensure that he needn't resort to that to fulfill his obligation." He felt strangely wooden as he delivered the explanation. He didn't know of a way to lay it down for her softly.

"I know that from here it seems cold, but it is the best way, Asphy. People like me, people like him, laying down rules and regulations is the surest way to contain the conflict. His cousin didn't play by rules, and died. He could have sworn vengeance and come after me for that reason, could have lost control, but he didn't. This could get a whole lot uglier if I let it."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread