Some Beach.
[html]

Sorry for waaaait! D:

Vesper hated it when men flirted with her, both because she was a sexist little bitch and because she especially didn’t like it when they were nice about the whole thing. She knew how it felt to be in their place, making overtures to a lovely woman who simply wasn’t interested, and it was never very nice. She let him get his last jab in before some silence passed, and with a more somber note in her voice, she let out a sigh.

“If anything,” the woman said, lifting her head, “your chances got worse.” She managed to smirk teasingly, even if she didn’t feel as amused as she looked. “I met someone a lot prettier than I am.”

There. She hated and loved being blunt. He could figure it out, and if not, she’d have to bite him.

The awkward pause that followed her speech made her remember, again, that she probably shouldn’t be asking him so many personal questions. If he was going to treat a one-time acquaintance like an old friend, though, why couldn’t she do the same? Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully, but she didn’t press him when he gave a vague answer; she wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

“Hmm,” the coywolf answered when he gestured to the sea, smiling. She wished she had such a place. Few luperci could make her worries melt like that, and one of those luperci was not a luperci at all, but a raven. She wondered what Stark would think of all this, and what advice he would give Toby if he heard Toby’s tale. If the bird even deigned to speak to an outsider.

“Inferni,” Vesper answered proudly. She puffed herself up like a scruffy peahen pretending to be its male counterpart, and it became apparent that arrogance really did suit her. “I would invite you to check it out, if you didn’t seem suited as a loner, and if Inferni didn’t eat anything that wasn’t part coyote.” She flashed her teeth with mock menace. She didn’t like her clan’s bloody reputation, but it didn’t hurt to joke about it sometimes.

+353

<style type="text/css">
.hubris-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ecbb8; text-shadow:#38403e 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.hubris-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:5px; text-align:center;}
.hubris-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #8ecbb8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.hubris-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hubris-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#778782; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Hy6W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #38403e; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#38403e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread