Some Beach.
[html]

WC:: 000 - Dated July 1rst! Feel free to jump in!

Toby was slowly coming to a realization little by little. One moment he was swirling in a hurricane of confusion with Fang eating his soul. The next moment, however, he was at the beach with a cleared mind and a sea breeze taking his troubles far far away. He breathed in salty air and closed his tired eyes. Lack of sleep would kill him if he didn't de-stress himself soon. His naked ebony fur blew in the wind. The scarlet of his fur was fading. Tattoos that were created by Fang grew lighter and lighter each day. Would it be a foreshadowing that this nightmare would soon end? He frowned at the hope that stirred. Of course not. That would mean I'm sane.

The german shepherd uttered a pityful sigh that overcame the breeze. It was a cloudy day, where the sun hid from sight yet still managed to cast heat along the sand dunes. The moon would rise to replace the sun soon, however, and Toby would be left in a clouded darkness. He sat down so half his body grew wet each time the water rolled in. The shore would sweep his worries away for the day, he hoped. After all, no matter what he went through there was always a coastline to run to. Toby's dark eyes wondered along the large waves. What would the evening bring before he could rest?

He did a scan through his brain. Fang was quiet. Not a thought had been uttered into his mind since he had first heard the sound of the breathing shore. It usually happened like this, but it was always surprising no matter what. The arrogant demon that lived within him seemed to be as much at rest as Toby was. He amused himself by picturing a tiny sleeping dog curled up in his brain. Well, he thought to himself just before closing his eyes, might as well enjoy the quiet while I can. Then he settled into the warm beach for a cat nap as he awaited some stranger to come walking along.

<style>
.tobyocai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.tobyocai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tobyocai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.tobyocai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oALKD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #081321; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.tobyocai .inner {margin:5px 10px 195px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:375px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Tables by Cait.
[html]

Lupus form. Rambly post.
Just kinda wanted them to meet up again!

It had been a long time since Vesper had come to the city. She walked across the sidewalk cautiously, her head turning constantly so she could hear anything suspicious, her blue eyes scanning the drab colors of the pavement and buildings, broken only by the rust of old cars. Memories surfaced of accidentally sounding the horn on one of them, and she smiled because that had been ages ago—almost a year now. She hadn’t been a luperci then; the city had been completely foreign to her.

That memory changed slowly over into others, many of them less amusing, and she eventually shoved them all away with a shake of her head. She was here to scavenge some baubles and more useful items too; anything that could help her with the ravens would be especially nice. She almost thought that a book about them would be interesting, but the fact that she couldn’t rain put a damper on that.

Vesper snuffled half-heartedly amongst the rubble of Halifax, finding nothing worthwhile—or maybe it was just that she didn’t see what was. She’d never needed human items, even though she relied on luperci-craft in Inferni for convenience’s sake. She was still feral at heart, no matter what form she took.

The day was uncomfortably warm, as the days had been recently, even though the sun could barely break through the clouds overhead. Only the breeze coming off the water cooled her, and she found herself drifting that way, meandering down sidestreets and across dry-grassed meridians until she was padding down a pier. She stared at the half-wrecked little boats until her eyes drifted to the sand, and she hopped down into it, winding her way down the beach, walking half in the licking waves and half out. Her tail began to wag steadily, and she considered taking a nap by the water when she spotted someone else with the same idea.

The coywolf smirked, beginning to give him a wide berth so she could simply move on, but something at the front of her mind prickled. She stopped, inhaled the dog’s scent, stared at his dark fur; there was something strangely familiar about him.

+363

<style type="text/css">
.hubris-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ecbb8; text-shadow:#38403e 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.hubris-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:5px; text-align:center;}
.hubris-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #8ecbb8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.hubris-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hubris-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#778782; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Hy6W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #38403e; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#38403e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 000 Tongue great idea!! I just used the first table I ever got (that you made me) a walla go.

He was starring up at the clouds, arms moved so they made a pillow for his head in his sandy bed. The water kept lapping up to just about his waist before dropping back away. He watched a few of the lower clouds as they moved much faster by than the rest of the gray that covered the sky. The lullaby being uttered from the calming waves was enough to make him sleep. His eyes were half closed by the time her scent swept down towards him. Suddenly sitting up, his eyes grew wide. Where had the scent come from?

His head swiveled about until the ebony pupils came to rest on the she-wolf he'd encountered so very long ago when things were a bit simpler. He tried not to stare, because it was rude, but she was starring at him too so it made it hard. Twisting around, he was up on his optime feet in moments. His long strands of fading red hair blew about freely in the sea breeze. For a moment, but it seemed a bit longer, he gawked at her trying to rack his brain for a name. He knew they'd met and she'd been a sweet friend yet there wasn't much he could remember.

I hope I'm not mistaking her for one of Fang's victims... he thought with the slightest bit of anxiety arousing within his chest. No, he knew her. She was... she was... "Vesper!" The name came flooding back along with memories. The chewed up ear and the gray fur triggered the memory for sure. He remembered being in his lupus form the time they met. As he wondered through the sand, ignoring the tired muscles in his legs that screamed complaints, his arm raised to wave. "Remember me?" he ventured as he came to hault a few feet down the shore line from the girl. After all, he didn't want to be too awkward if she had no clue who he was any more.

<style>
.tobyocai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.tobyocai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.tobyocai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oALKD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #081321; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.tobyocai .inner {margin:5px 10px 195px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:375px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Tables by Cait.
[html]

N'aww. I still have to make you a table. D:

Memories prickled at her mind, and Vesper spent a lot more time staring at the black dog than she might have wanted to. A wanderer met many strangers on their journey, and they couldn’t bother to remember every name and face they came across. However, the faded crimson markings she could see in the otherwise midnight pelt made the male stand out, and she became positive that she’d met him once before—in the woods, by the pond, on four legs.

The man straightened suddenly, causing her to shuffle backwards, her paws making scuff-marks in the warm sand of the beach. There was no malice in his deep black eyes, however, only the same appraising curiosity as hers. She had to note that he was quite tall, however; although he had been only a couple inches taller in his lupus form, he towered over her now, and would probably tower over her even if she’d been in optime.

Her name burst from him suddenly, and her ear flattened before swiveling forward again. He approached her with a friendly wave, however, and the coywolf grinned.

“Your appearance is kind of hard to forget,” Vesper responded, her blue eyes flickering over the scars and tattoos that parted his fur. Her tail dropped then, and her smirk became apologetic. “But I don’t remember your name, guy with the ghosts.” Her admission was quiet, the specifics of their conversation returning to her. Their subject had not been very cheery, but they’d both confided in each other, more than Ves had expected to confide in a stranger.

<style type="text/css">
.hubris-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ecbb8; text-shadow:#38403e 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.hubris-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #8ecbb8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.hubris-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#778782; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Hy6W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #38403e; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#38403e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 000 flirting Toby... Down boy down. O,o

At the way she shuffled back from his large shadow Toby suddenly felt troubled. He hadn't wanted to scare her or alarm her. One second, he said as his focus came to his form. Falling off to the side to the woman, he landed on all fours. His bones rapidly moving and resetting themselves in the right position, his head losing the messy black mane for the short crop of faded red he had in lupus form. His body shrunk down he shook out his corse black fur and repositioned himself to sit back on his haunches. His black head tilted towards the still smaller canine. Better? he inquired with a bit amusement flaring his ebony eyes.

Then the she wolf spoke again, claiming to have forgotten his name yet remember his body. He ignored a remark from Fang's arrogant side within his mind. Ghosts indeed... I'm Toby, though. We met by some water, correct? And I recall telling you how pretty you are, which proves to still be true. A grin passed onto the dog's mouth, almost flirtatious, and he wagged his tail gently against the sand. Have you been good since that encounter? he prompted just before falling silent in hopes that she would answer.

Why was he in such a good mood? He figured it was Vesper's presence; a dog from his past that had returned. Perhaps it was something of symbolism that his sanity would also come back one day. Whatever the matter, he was on a beach with an old friend and as happy as can be. His heart light for the moment he continued swishing his tail happily and grinning his charming smile at the female.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

Tables by Cait.
[html]

Down, Toby! Ves will only give you heartbreak!
They're both in such good moods thouuugh. xDD <3

The dark male shifted down into his lupus form, and the coywolf’s tail wagged in appreciation. She knew that she was paranoid, but the recent conflict with the wolves, as well as the loner’s instincts still very much a part of her, made it hard to abandon her caution. “Much,” she answered him, smirking slightly to show that she was just teasing. While she’d been a bit resentful of luperci when she didn’t share their disease, her time in Nova Scotia had gotten her used to seeing it in herself as well as others.

She continued to regret bringing up the darker points of their conversation, but then Toby called her pretty and she had to snort. “Yeah, I remember thinking of the gentlest way to let you down when you said that last time,” she remarked, her tongue lolling from her jaws in amusement as she took a seat in front of him. Once again, she wasn’t trying to be mean, but her usual wry way of speaking was returning to her since she was in neutral territory. Plus, it would make things a lot less awkward to get the whole flirting thing out of the way before she had to blurt out her preferences in graphic detail. The thought made her smirk again.

Staring at the trough his dark tail made in the sand, Vesper considered his question. “Mostly good, yeah,” she said after a while. “A lot of blood spill in parts. I joined a pack and became its subleader. We recently had a war in the north, though—but it’s all fixed. I’ve been more or less, good, and I think things will get better.” For once in her life, she was being optimistic in the truest sense, and that brightened her mood—that, as well as his infectious smile.

The hybrid yawned and grinned lazily back. “What about you, Toby?”

+315

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 000 Meow. I'm a kitty. x3

She agreed it was better when they were on the same level. Toby's smirk remained on his mouth as he went with whatever made the female happy. It was rare he got the chance to charm the opposite sex without Fang being in control and plotting to rape someone. After his talk of her beauty, however, she snorted and waved it off. Her reply not something he'd hoped for but not too damaging. "Yes, well looks like my chances haven't multiplied in the slightest," he said just before dropping the subject.

Her tongue hung from the side of her mouth, teasing his mind with the idea that once upon a day he might of had a mate if he hadn't gone insane. Her smirk followed the tongue and he found her quite charming, ignoring her warnings against them having a relationship and pretending it was a possibility in his mind secretly. After he spoke with his kind words she replied with interesting news: she was subleader to a pack. This was not the loner he'd met those months ago. Where his eyebrows would have been arched just a bit in doubt. The talk of war made him wary; he'd been sad if she'd gone missing in action. Though she hadn't so he didn't focus to much on the detail.

After the optimistic ending to her times during the year she turned the attention onto the german shepherd. Uh oh. There was a pause. He didn't want to ruin the light mood between the old friends. "Well... I've had a rough few months..." he ventured. Was that good enough? He didn't want to go into detail how much Fang had crossed the mental border between the two personalities. "But when I'm here," his head moved to gesture to their location, "I find it comforting. Just the sea breeze is like a bath that washes my worries away." Then he tilted his head and smiled towards the hybrid. "What's your pack called?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]

Tables by Cait.
[html]

Sorry for waaaait! D:

Vesper hated it when men flirted with her, both because she was a sexist little bitch and because she especially didn’t like it when they were nice about the whole thing. She knew how it felt to be in their place, making overtures to a lovely woman who simply wasn’t interested, and it was never very nice. She let him get his last jab in before some silence passed, and with a more somber note in her voice, she let out a sigh.

“If anything,” the woman said, lifting her head, “your chances got worse.” She managed to smirk teasingly, even if she didn’t feel as amused as she looked. “I met someone a lot prettier than I am.”

There. She hated and loved being blunt. He could figure it out, and if not, she’d have to bite him.

The awkward pause that followed her speech made her remember, again, that she probably shouldn’t be asking him so many personal questions. If he was going to treat a one-time acquaintance like an old friend, though, why couldn’t she do the same? Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully, but she didn’t press him when he gave a vague answer; she wasn’t going to make that mistake again.

“Hmm,” the coywolf answered when he gestured to the sea, smiling. She wished she had such a place. Few luperci could make her worries melt like that, and one of those luperci was not a luperci at all, but a raven. She wondered what Stark would think of all this, and what advice he would give Toby if he heard Toby’s tale. If the bird even deigned to speak to an outsider.

“Inferni,” Vesper answered proudly. She puffed herself up like a scruffy peahen pretending to be its male counterpart, and it became apparent that arrogance really did suit her. “I would invite you to check it out, if you didn’t seem suited as a loner, and if Inferni didn’t eat anything that wasn’t part coyote.” She flashed her teeth with mock menace. She didn’t like her clan’s bloody reputation, but it didn’t hurt to joke about it sometimes.

+353

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OOC - I've been really slow at posting >.< Sorry!

Ic-

The woman replied and Toby found a certain amusement in the thought: of course that's what was going on! She has a female mate! He smirked a bit, not very much use to women couples because of his lack of running into them. A few innocent, curious thoughts filled his mind on how they acted. It was his brain acting for him, considering if they were still feminine and all of that. For someone who hadn't met a female who preferred other ladies this was truly just his curiosity acting up.

The awkward silence filled between them as he secretly was still thinking up these thoughts but wasn't brave enough to ask questions. He wouldn't want to offend the coy wolf since she was a friend. A few more seconds were broken when the question of a pack came up. He'd heard of Inferni before. There was something about them being violent and racial in what he knew about them but he honestly had little to know about the pack. Vesper cracked a joke and Toby found it hard to laugh at, yet he smirked for her contentment. Were the coyotes really that mean? He shook his head a bit. "I believe I would of had to declined the invitation anyways. I don't visit packs very much."

It was true; Toby rarely stepped up near the borders for a real visit. More often than not he simply sought out a border to nap near by since his mother had once told him to do so. If a loner sleeps near a border he's less likely to run into much more cruel loners who attack for fun. Like Fang, he added in his thoughts, guilt flooding his eyes temporarily before he blinked it away. He rested his eyes back to the woman. "Anyways..." he said in hopes of finding a conversation yet nothing came to his mind. His eyes searched the coy wolf's in hopes she was better at talking than he was.