When Shadows Die
The Delta's eyes narrowed as Shadow laughed maniacally. There was something tearing deep in his soul and it would take more than just her to fix it. She knew how it felt to be broken, to feel like there was nothing left to live for. Her eyes softened as he spoke of what he had lost. Mate, pups, he felt like he was unnecessary to New Dawn. But, that wasn't true. Every member of the pack holds a different importance. She could tell just how corrupt Shadow was right now, how easy it would be for him to let the blackness of death take over him and drag him away into nothingness where emotions and feelings don't exist, where nothing exists, just darkness. Fayne held tight when he struggled to get out of her grasp, her injured hand still fresh and bleeding. She wasn't going to let him give up on himself and she wasn't going to give up on him either. One of her hands raised to be placed on the side of his face. Shadow. I know it may hurt now, to an extent where its unbearable. To where you feel like it'll never go away.

Even as he looked over at the sword, she still spoke. But, I know for a fact that if you're strong and live through it, it will eventually fade. You're not alone here. You have me and every one of your pack mates on your side, here to help you get through this. I know you may not want to hear it now, but things will get better if you let them. I've been in your position, I know what it feels like to have everything taken away from you. But, you don't have nothing, you have your family and a future. Why let death win? Fayne was trying her best to calm him, to at least get him to that point where he saw a glimmer of hope. It would be tough, but she would give it her all.

Then, he started to speak about Amy and how they were hunting her. This didn't strike a familiar good note with Fayne knowing that the blonde bitch was his friend. Still, she listened to his story about Amy and himself. She shook her head at him. Him and Amy were completely different souls. It was evident in the way he was acting right now. Pain was none existent to the blonde and she found joy in hurting others. Somehow, she knew that Shadow didn't feel the same about that. Shadow...you two are not the same. She thought back to when she'd met Amy the first time. I wasn't give a chance to know her even though I would have gladly accepted it. She saw me in the woods and the first thing she did was shoot an arrow at me. Then, she found pleasure in hurting me. Her hand lifted to her shoulder where both Kohaku and Amy's scars were present. The wolf's eye was large and covered a large portion of her shoulder. I'm sure you don't hurt people for fun. I can see it now as you sit here before me. You are different than her. You deserve this life you have because you care about others, I know you do. That's why you're in pain.

It was hard to reason with him, nothing she said seemed to get through to him. He started to cry again but she stood firm. No. You're stronger than this. We may not know each other well, but I know you're stronger. I will not let you throw your life away. There is more waiting for you, you just have to let it come. He dropped to the ground and she fell with him, her hands on her knees as she crouched in front of him. He was biting at thin air, nothing was here to torment him except his own mind. Even if you grow to hate me for it, I won't let you die. There is more for you, I know there is even if you don't see it now. She didn't want to touch him for fear of him snapping at her, but she stayed there and continued to coo into his ears trying to calm him as if her were a child.

Messages In This Thread