When Shadows Die
[html]

WC:741

The forest a beautiful sight to behold. The call of birds and of other animals all singing together. Walking through such a sight would warm anyone heart, however there was one area that had no love or warmth. The sound off in the distance was no bird or cricket, was no happy, loving sound, it was only the sound of pain and hate. Shadow it seemed had gotten over the pain and sadness of the situation and had gotten to the worse of stages. Anger. There was a sound of a thud and wood splitting and as one would get closer it would be known that the sound came from a very large wolf punching into the tree as hard as he could. Sweat came in small beads on his fur and with every powerful strike the beads flew and hit the tree covering it's bark in water and blood.

Shadow hit again and again and his teeth were bared as he attacked the tree as if it were every enemy he had ever come to meet or make and this tree acted as his outlet. If not for it, he might have been hitting someone who wasn't as strong as the tree and couldn't take it. His muscles rippled with every hit and he was dead to the pain, for he had been hitting the tree for hours and his eyes if possible would have been the color of his soul at that moment, black. Shadow pulled back his right fist and sent it forward and put everything he had into it and there was a crack but it was the wood not his bones. his knuckles were bloody and he had been not only hitting the tree to kill her nerves and build up his pain threshold but he had been doing push ups and sit up, he was training and doing everything he could to reach that pinnacle of deadly perfection.

There was one problem though as Shadow did this....he had no reason for it. He had no enemy, he had no target, he had to meaning for needing to be strong and deadly. It was all being done to keep his mind off of the pain, that evil poison that waited in the back of his head, waiting like a coiled viper to strike and finish him off. Shadow snarled and howled when the tree wasn't enough, it wasn't bleeding, it wasn't in pain, it was just standing there defiantly. Shadow would not stop punching and kicking this tree until he had cut it down with fist and foot and claw and fang. This mission at least would keep him busy for a while so he kept attacking and clawing and biting the bark, looking to tear the tree in half like his very soul and heart had become.

Amy, Insomnia, his pack and Thana. All were things that in his mind he had failed. As he took his anger out on the tree he looked over to the sword that Amy had given him and he looked to it like it was some kinda key, some means of escape and slowly his fists stopped and he walked over. He pulled the sword from it's sheath and he looked to it. he had been sharpening it and yet, he had never used it yet..How ironic would it be for him to use this sword to end his own life, the sword that was given to him by someone who was his friend and who was now someone who viewed him as a slave. He moved the blade and placed it on his shoulder with the flat of the blade touching his fur and then slowly he grabbed the handle with both hand and he slowly slid the black to his neck. He slowly tilted his head to the side as if allowing a mate to kiss or bite him there and it was a intimate thing indeed. This powerful kiss, this bite would be the one to kill him....He closed his eyes and softly he spoke."Find me in hell or be it heaven...Either way I'll be with family, wither it be with my mother in heaven or my father in hell. Good bye Insomnia, good bye Thana, good bye Amy, Good bye to you all...may my passing be smooth for my destination where ever it lay will be the true test."

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
OOC: Sorry, table lazy. This might be interesting. Optime form. :3

There had been so much on the silver Delta's mind lately. Amy, Kohaku, Kiara, Zalen, her whole family really, and everything that was going on. Not to mention Zues, the pup she'd rescued from certain death. She wondered how he was doing and would probably go visit him soon. X'y had welcomed her to do so. Fayne sit in the den with her legs curled underneath her. Her hands motioned to nothingness the movements she would have to perform when pup's were born. She mumbled to herself the steps that were to be taken as each pup arrived. It was important to be thorough with each one. Fayne had a smile on her face as she did each movement, humming slightly in between her mutters. Practicing this and training were the only two things keeping her stable, apart from her handsome mate who was equally angry with this whole situation. Hopefully when the time came, he would let her be there to at least witness Amy's death. It'd be even bet her if Noah let her be a part in killing her. She never stopped making her want to pay for all the thing she did. Oh, the satisfaction it would bring to see fear in her eyes for once instead of that smug grin and joy whenever she hurt someone.

Fayne came to a stop, resting her hands in her lap. She sighed, letting a few bad thoughts slip into her mind again. She let herself think of all the good things that were going on here. First, she was rising in rank, honing her skills. Then, there was her and Noah. A large smile creased her lips when she thought of her stormy man and all his compassion. He was perfect in every aspect and she loved him, flaws and everything. Then, there was Titania's announcement that she was pregnant. Maybe Fayne would be able to be there to help deliver her pups. It would be an honor to be the first to lay hands on the tiny sons and daughters of the Alphas. Now, her smile was broadened by the thought of her family. Not all was awry, a silver lining visible even through all the hatred the pack shared as a whole.

As she sit there, she started to hear something very odd. A loud thudding filled her ears and the perked in curiosity. Her head tilted as she looked out the mouth of the den and saw nothing but pure sunlight. The thudding continued and was soon paired with loud snarls. This was when she became panicked. Was Amy here hurting another member? She rushed out of the cave with hackles raised and padded into the forest quickly. The source wasn't far and she could now smell the irony scent of blood in the air which drew a growl from her lips. She was sprinting through the forest as fast as she could on two legs using trees to propel her forward with an extra burst of speed as she pushed off of them with her hands. The pack member's scent was vaguely familiar. It was Shadow, who had been there when she was accepted. Soon, the thuds halted and she became afraid. Amy's scent wasn't in the air, but still there was need for concern. Shadows voice filled her ears and soon, he was standing with a sword drawn and positioned against his neck. His hands bloodied and crimson stained. He looked as thought he sword was welcomed against his skin, she caught one of the goodbye's in his speech and she rushed forward, without thinking.

Shadow stop! She cried and went for hilt of the sword with one hand and the blade with another grabbing it and pulling it. In this moment, she hadn't realized that her hand was becoming cut from the blade. All she cared about was saving Shadow's life. He was planning on killing himself. Why would he be doing that?
[html]

Hey Samantha!! thank you for jumping in, I always did want to have more threads with ya. Welcome to the party! ^^

Shadow smiled lightly as everything else was blocked from his mind, the only thing he cared about was that final kiss of steel to flesh and then, he was denied. His eyes flashed open and he saw that the sword was being pulled away from him and he growled and tears came from him right away, why...why was she stopping him. Everyone was so caught up with the death of Amy and the other things he didn't feel that anyone even knew about Insomnia being gone and the pain that caused him. He saw blood on his sister hand where she grabbed the blade and he snarled, not wanting her blood to be the thing the sword tastes.

Shadow reached to her wrist and grabbed it in suck a way to make her hand let go of the blade and he then pulled the sword away roughly but he then tossed it into the near by tree that he had been punching and he then looked to His sister, right into her eyes as he growled lightly and tears still rushed. He was in so much pain it would be easy to see and he looked down to his sisters hand and he slowly reached for it wanting to see how bad the cut was.

"Let me see how bad that cut is..." Shadow would look to it and as he looked down it would be then that he would notice and see a drop of blood come from his neck and fall onto his hand. He looked to the blood and then he reached his right hand up and felt that he had gotten deeper than he had thought, it was strange...he was indeed bleeding but he didn't feel it, was this what it was like to die...to feel nothing.. He saw that the cut was indeed deep but wasn't going to kill her and he then held her hand as he looked into her eyes again."What are you doing here Fayne...." Given the look in his eyes if the woman in front of him were to study them she would know that he wasn't done in the attempt for his life."The pack needs you, you should go..." Shadow looked over his shoulder to the blade that had always robbed him of his pain and he growled lightly, he had been so close, so close to feeling nothing, so close to a dreamless sleep.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
OOC: Yes! I was thinking of PMing you about a thread, but then you posted this! Big Grin

There was peace on Shadow's face before she grabbed the blade. She knew exactly what was going on even if she didn't quite understand why. She knew that the sword was a weapon, that it cut flesh, that it could easily end his life in New Dawn's lands. She wouldn't let him. As soon as her hand started to pull the sword away, his face switched from peaceful, to sad. Tears started to stream down his face and he growled at her, but this didn't stop her from pulling at the sword. Obviously, something was very wrong with Shadow and she wasn't going to let him give in to death. Death wasn't the best solution for everything. Her eyes locked onto her hand, which was bleeding all over the silver blade of the sword, all the way down to the hilt where it dripped to the forest floor below.

Fayne was caught off guard when he grabbed her wrist, forcing her to release the sword. The then tugged it out of her other hand and sent it flying to the ground. It made a metalic sound as it hit the rocks and gravel on the leafy ground. At least, it wasn't up against his neck threatening to cut into him and make him bleed to death. Sudden relief washed over her when the weapon was disarmed and her focus went to him. Emerald eyes gazing into his teary mismatched ones with intense worry and distress. He growled at her, but she payed no mind to it. He was hurting and she was here now, there was no need for death. Despite his harsh actions, he gently took her hand and stared down at it. It was then that she realized she'd been cut. She inhaled sharply as she outstretched her fingers, the cut flesh being pulled by the action. Ow. He spoke but she pulled away her own hand and held it close, now staring angrily back at him. If he wasn't crying, she'd slap him right now.

It's nothing compared to what you were about to do! She too noticed the blood on his neck and her head craned to look at it. If she had gotten here any later, he would be laying dead on pack grounds, his body fertilizer for the trees and plants around him. Shadow! What the hell were you thinking? You were going to be dead! Dead!! No more breath, no more sunlight, no more thinking. Are you crazy?! She was in a panic, speaking faster than she usually did. Her eyes angrily peering into his. Her hand moved to examine his own wound without touching it. It wasn't too bad and he wouldn't be dying on her watch. I'm here to save your life! I heard you all the way from the den. I thought Amy was here, coming to hurt another one of our members. Oh, lucky it was only Shadow trying to end his life. She was pissed that he would attempt to do something stupid. She didn't know him well, and had only spoken with him once, but he was family and she cared for him deeply. It wasn't often that Fayne was angry, but this was definitely worthy of it. She grabbed both of his hands and looked into his eyes. The pack needs you too. The pack needs all of us. I'm not leaving here, not until we get to the bottom of this. Her eyes and voice softened up on the last words. Shadow, you could have been dead. She wanted him to understand this.
[html]

Shadow felt her hands on his and then he looked right back into her eyes and when she told him that he could have been dead he Smiled and laughed like a Wolf crazy and he looked into her eyes closely as he spoke."I lost my mate.....I lost my pups....I am about to lose another person dear to me and I have heart plenty others. I'm not needed, let Augustus the social inept be the epsilon...Fayne....I..." Shadow smile faded and he closed his eyes tight trying to stop the pain, trying to cut it off and kill it. "I want to die....I don;t want to feel this pain anymore! I don't want to feel anything!!" He was getting angry and defensive now and he tried to pull away but still she held him. Why, why did she care, she didn't even know him. Not really

He looked over his shoulder again towards the sword and he looked to it longingly now, it was as if the sword was his mate, his love, it was starting to hurt again thanks to Fayne "caring" about his well being and he needed to end this pain that was threatening to take him again. "This pack is my family and yet it hunts someone who is my friend and wasn't always as evil as she is now...Do any of you know her, truly know her, or do you just know what she's done....She was made, and created to be the way she is...funny enough...the wolf who's hands you now hold at this very moment are the hands of a killer as well....Fayne, My father raised me much like Amy was, I am an assassin, trained and skilled in the art of taking life, that's why I hunt so well that's why I track so well....Do me a favor and simply turn around and let me end this measurable life of mine."

Shadow cried again now as the pain was taking him and he was growing weak and he could barely stand as the tears flowed down his face and onto the ground"Please......please.....my sister.....please." He was begging now and slowly he fell to his knees as he growled and snapped at nothing and everything. He bit at the images in his head, Insomnia leaving and he snapped at the images of 3 dead pups who never knew life. He snapped at Amy as she was killed and torn apart and he snapped at Thana, the one who was also falling due to his actions. He was broken and he was dying on the inside and there was little hope for this large black wolf.

[/html]
The Delta's eyes narrowed as Shadow laughed maniacally. There was something tearing deep in his soul and it would take more than just her to fix it. She knew how it felt to be broken, to feel like there was nothing left to live for. Her eyes softened as he spoke of what he had lost. Mate, pups, he felt like he was unnecessary to New Dawn. But, that wasn't true. Every member of the pack holds a different importance. She could tell just how corrupt Shadow was right now, how easy it would be for him to let the blackness of death take over him and drag him away into nothingness where emotions and feelings don't exist, where nothing exists, just darkness. Fayne held tight when he struggled to get out of her grasp, her injured hand still fresh and bleeding. She wasn't going to let him give up on himself and she wasn't going to give up on him either. One of her hands raised to be placed on the side of his face. Shadow. I know it may hurt now, to an extent where its unbearable. To where you feel like it'll never go away.

Even as he looked over at the sword, she still spoke. But, I know for a fact that if you're strong and live through it, it will eventually fade. You're not alone here. You have me and every one of your pack mates on your side, here to help you get through this. I know you may not want to hear it now, but things will get better if you let them. I've been in your position, I know what it feels like to have everything taken away from you. But, you don't have nothing, you have your family and a future. Why let death win? Fayne was trying her best to calm him, to at least get him to that point where he saw a glimmer of hope. It would be tough, but she would give it her all.

Then, he started to speak about Amy and how they were hunting her. This didn't strike a familiar good note with Fayne knowing that the blonde bitch was his friend. Still, she listened to his story about Amy and himself. She shook her head at him. Him and Amy were completely different souls. It was evident in the way he was acting right now. Pain was none existent to the blonde and she found joy in hurting others. Somehow, she knew that Shadow didn't feel the same about that. Shadow...you two are not the same. She thought back to when she'd met Amy the first time. I wasn't give a chance to know her even though I would have gladly accepted it. She saw me in the woods and the first thing she did was shoot an arrow at me. Then, she found pleasure in hurting me. Her hand lifted to her shoulder where both Kohaku and Amy's scars were present. The wolf's eye was large and covered a large portion of her shoulder. I'm sure you don't hurt people for fun. I can see it now as you sit here before me. You are different than her. You deserve this life you have because you care about others, I know you do. That's why you're in pain.

It was hard to reason with him, nothing she said seemed to get through to him. He started to cry again but she stood firm. No. You're stronger than this. We may not know each other well, but I know you're stronger. I will not let you throw your life away. There is more waiting for you, you just have to let it come. He dropped to the ground and she fell with him, her hands on her knees as she crouched in front of him. He was biting at thin air, nothing was here to torment him except his own mind. Even if you grow to hate me for it, I won't let you die. There is more for you, I know there is even if you don't see it now. She didn't want to touch him for fear of him snapping at her, but she stayed there and continued to coo into his ears trying to calm him as if her were a child.
Shadow growled and he placed his hand on his chest where the mark was where Insomnia had cut into his skin with her claw, claiming him and he growled as he went from touching it gently to pressing his fingers in and before Fayne could stop him he tore off the scared skin and there was now a hole there and it started to bleed. Oddly enough he didn't show pain but he still cried...and he opened his eyes and looked to his sister and started to whine."How could she leave me....I let her take her own claw and mark me with her name, it was a pact, a promise that we would always be together." Shadow looked down and come tears and his blood dropped to the ground. He thought hard about what Fayne said about Amy and Shadow had to defend her, at least try to have Fayne see his way of thinking.

" Fayne....I have seen Amy cry.....I saw her stay her hand when it came to killing her own pups...She had good in here then....In order to try and save her....in order to make sure that, the silver lining within her, the small spark of good within...I took her sin, I took that pain....and I....I..." Shadow whined more, he hadn't wanted to ever talk about that day again and here he was spilling his guts out to Fayne and he was opening a gate to his inner more pain, his secrets and his nightmares. The blood from his now bald wound came from his chest and rolled very slowly down his fur and dripped onto his legs as he remained keeled and finally he stopped snapping and he slowly lifted his head and looked into Fayne's eyes and he took a deep breath and whined again and his ears were flat against his head in pain and fear.

" You all hate Amy and are going to kill her and rip her apart and I was her friend and saw the good in her. I don't expect you all not to kill her, I just wish someone could see my way of thinking...She is a killer because she was made that way...I was lucky because my mother told me to hold onto my heart, if not for her, I know I would be much worse than Amy...."