[p] through the fog and mist
[html]
(416)

Some part of her told her that she should not have spoken so rashly. The slight uncertainty grew into a slight regret, but still she did not speak any apology, nor planned to. Thinking back on it later, she probably should have. A searing pain flashed on her ear, and she whined and yelped loudly as Noah nipped her. She recoiled onto the ground and pawed at the bit ear; she felt no blood, but did it hurt. She wanted to cry, since she was unfamiliar to pain. But, she swallowed another whine that was rising in her throat and put on a brave face as she stood up and followed the male's command.

She felt her brother looking at her, and for a moment she wondered what he thought about all of this. When Noah started to speak so harshly at her brother, her ears pinned against her head, but she learned her lesson and kept quiet as the man chided at him. Slightless, yes, but she could just picture the shame he must have felt, how his head must have been bowing deeply. Lena stepped towards her brother and touched her nose into the crook of his neck--an apology in their "language". When their uncle address his own fate, all Cody murmured was a docile, "Okay, Noah." His answer saddened her more than his silence.

She faced the man as he spoke to her, and as he stated that she would be having classes, she wondered if they were going to be about manners or something as equally boring. "Okay, Noah," she repeated, though her tone sounded more defeated than Cody's. She stood away as the silver male guided her brother into the direction of the den. Again, all he whispered was an "okay". Once he was out of earshot, she turned back to Noah and desperately begged, "I'll do whatever classes you have for me, but please don't get Cody in trouble! He didn't do anything bad, really! I told him we where going to the river, a-and I tricked him and ran out here! He tried to stop me, he really did! Don't get him in trouble...!"

She never acted like that, being the prideful girl she was, but her pride was forsaken for her brother; she would not stand there and let him get in trouble that he didn't derserve yet accepted without compliant.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread