Whispers in the Moon
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Optime. Time: 9:25pm, after sun set.

There was a mild twitch to his face as she spoke, what one might interpret as a smirk. She had learned indeed. All those years ago her father had asked him to teach her like this, to make her aware of such things and here she was, using Lambda logic and words against him toe to toe. The twitch broke into a laugh, it was brief. But it was there. " You do your father proud, should he have heard such words he would know of your success". His words of course drifted back to that day of them as pups. Of course, in some way he could have considered it a success for him in fulfilling her fathers wishes, but it did not feel right to claim such as his own. She was the one who reaped the benefits of it. As their embrace ended, he picked up a stick, broke it in half and tossed it into the fire to keep the small sanctuary of warmth going.

"You were angry, and why would you not be? You discovered that the man you sought to mate with had betrayed you in a sense, worse..that he refused to accept penance and challenged you on the point..."

He looked at her tilting his head "....You were angry at him for his betrayal, and me for bringing it to light. Perhaps your anger at me was less deserving.....but such are the ways of things....I hold no ill will towards you, when I returned you still seemed off put by my appearance, so I removed myself, it has given me time to consider what I have learned". So the short answer was no, he didn't consider their bond broken. He looked to the make shift game of chess and seemed almost lost in his thoughts once again. "....I have learned that there is weakness out there....I have met the other packs and have identified this as one single key aspect....they are not like u-..not like me......". He fixed his last point, technically he couldn't include X'yrin in that statement anymore after all..she had been infected by the same thing that plagued everyone else.

"...I have concluded....that if I do not make a move, if I do not pass on my ways....my mind....".

He picked up the piece of the grid that represented the rook. He looked at it, turning it in between his fingers before handing the useless pebble piece to X'yrin. "...It would be a waste"

443 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread