under the city lights, i'm sinking
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Sometimes she wondered how her mother would have brought her up if she had stayed on the coast. How it would have affected her father to never have one child who cling to him so. Maybe things would have been better, maybe things would have been a lot worse. But that was one of those moments, wondering if something she had done in the past would have made everything turn out differently in the future. Butterfly effects were occasionally worth thinking about and thought it probably wasn't the place, Corona wished she could have come back sooner to prevent what had already happened.

_____But it was also in that stretch that she had taken that free hand to retrieve the vial on cue, picking up the tiny glass bottle and bringing it back into play and view. All of that crying and sobbing couldn't have been going over well—the added stress and relief of her presence had probably just set her into feeling horrible again, if she knew anything about how their bodies were. She held it out to Talitha loosely, letting it sit in the palm of her hand.

_____“Here. You don't have to take it if you don't want to, and I know it won't taste very good, but it might calm your stomach.” Then maybe after everything had calmed down and Talitha had relaxed enough, trying to make things right would be easier. Corona knew that she needed to eat something, she felt weak in her arms and even her appearance was sickly; her coat had lost its sheen and it had been very apparently how bad things were in her eyes. But that was what she was there for, it was one of the things that she knew to do without thinking about it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread