Did you fall for a shooting star?
[html]

the road goes and i am finding home in it

The sobs still racked his body, even as she began to speak again, the male couldn't help but let the tears slide down his face in complete hopelessness. It was as if he had ruined everything, had condemned them all to some horrible death. Words of a warm and cozy den had gotten his attention, but the small pup hadn't calmed again until a few seconds after, when he had managed to stifle another cry and hold it in his chest. His blue eyes were now shimmering with the salty tears, reflecting the sun's rays as he tilted his head back to look at the larger female once more. "Y-you'll take me there?" The small pup sniffled, looking down at his large paws again, then back up at her.

He had to leave them behind, he had to go to this place of safety. Then he would return to his family. If not when he was warm and well rested, then when he had the chance, perhaps when he was older and could fend for himself. But he swore it, he would find his siblings and mother. Right now, he was just... too tired.

That hadn't stopped him from standing again and slowly withdrawing from the warmth of the female's body, stepping away and turning to face her. During his time spent cuddling close to her he had indeed noticed the irregular lump on her stomach, one that he never remembered his own mother having. The thought of her carrying him on her back seemed preposterous now as he looked at her, just wondering about the stress it would cause her with that... that silly looking lump sticking out of her stomach. She had helped him, and he didn't want to bother her anymore than he already did. "C-c-can you take m-me pleassse?" The small child blinked up at her, now shivering again in the cold that had been brought on by the outside world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread