on a bed made of concrete.
She nodded at the words that the male spoke, it was a sad thought that he didn't know his family or could even remember them but if she actually thought about it there wasn't much she herself could remember about hers. Small tiny memories of their imaginary world and whisps of her mother and father but it seemed the older she got the more she forgot, the good times were drifting away and leaving her with shadows of memories and wishes of what was no more. She shook her head and admitted shamefully. "I'm not even for certain I can remember much of my own childhood anymore.. but I guess in time everything fades away in the end." She didn't want to believe that and it was hard to submit to he cold hard facts.

She watched him quietly as he set into the meats, a soft smile falling upon her lips for a moment at the fact that he finally was eating.. It was more than apparent that he needed it more than she did. His views on hybrids were about as much as she felt, though at times she was still wary of the coyotes, but the clan would do that to one. She shook her head in sympathy and spoke softly. "Generations of the same traditions and beliefs are hard to break I guess.. or fear of change. I don't know, I gave up trying to understand their reasons for regression." She chuckled sadly at the thought and flicked small seeds away that clung to her paws with a swipe of her tail.

She nodded quietly when he thanked her for the meats and she grinned as he changed the conversation to the invitation and his abilities and lack of. She shrugged and teased the male. "If we have room for grouchy ol' woman, hybrids and dreamers.. I think we can adapt to having a gimpy beragged fellow as well." her eyes danced with mischief as she admitted. "Just don't get too close to the bull in your condition, he does like to make certain we're paying attention and lively on our toes." She paused a second before continuing. "And in your case.. I think he'd be more than delighted to see you off your toes."

She tilted her head towards the dirrection of her cottage and asked Jefferson to follow along. "Well, let's get you something a little more filling in your system perhaps, and maybe some rest. We'll talk about duties and chores another day.. You're already dead on your feet, let's not try and work you to death your first week.." She smiled and was thankful that her cottage wasn't on the other end of the packlands like Deuce's was, being right in the mists of the packlands kept situations like this from being hard to handle. She knew she could carry the male if he passed out, but she wasn't sure how his dignity would hold up if she had to.

Messages In This Thread