on a bed made of concrete.
[html]
I'd say we're about done! We can probably close it after this post? :3
wc306

--

It was a bit rare for something to happen so prematurely, but surprising even to himself, Jefferson had already developed a sort of soft spot for the matriarch--he highly respected her sympathy and immediately found himself pleased with a pack leader like she. Iskata was very nonchalant and easygoing, it seemed, but the slight cunning edge he'd seen in her eyes evoked a small chuckle of amusement from the male. He could admit, something about her did seem a little eerily familiar; perhaps it was she reminded him of someone, whether it was his mother or any siblings he might've had, but in the end he found her company pleasurable, and the hybrid began to smile more genuinely. For once, his stomach wasn't growling or eating itself from the inside out. He could appreciate that.

He could appreciate a dysfunctional pack: a big group of dreamers, hybrids, and gimpy skeleton grouches like he had become. She provided a short bit of advice to him that he took to heart and nodded when she invited him to the cottage, as foreign and unexpected as it all was. For a moment after she turned away he had to blink and look around to ensure himself that he wasn't really daydreaming, before the hybrid picked up his good heels and scrambled after her at a speed he could manage. For some odd reason, his grin was plastered on his face as if permanant--something about the whole pack ordeal had him grinning ear to ear, though he couldn't imagine what. The dreadful feeling that had sparked from Deuce's greeting had developed into a fleeting, joyous emotion that would've had him skipping--skipping?!--if he wouldn't have fallen over when trying. "Thanks, Iskata," he called after her in following. "I think I might just like this place after all."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread