open your eyes
[html]

Adelaida shook her head at all Sankor said. It was great to hear his voice once again, the tone had a very soothing effect on her, and so despite the fact she disagreed with what he said (or perhaps just did not like the truth in it) she did not grow anxious or angry. Merely she tried to reason with him, something Adelaida hadn’t done in a while– reason with anyone. You don’t understand. She already has left me behind. She... Alexey promised to stick with me. We were going to form a pack together, no shifters. Just normal wolves, but she left and joined them without even telling me. Adelaida wouldn’t have been as hurt if Alexey had told her first, part of her had known that Alexey hadn’t really wanted the pack Adelaida had, but Alexey had still promised, and that promise had been broken. Lexey already left me far behind. The words came out whining, she was the runty child of their litter again, whining to Fyodor, only now their farther was dead and Sankor was the next best thing.

Adelaida sighed at Sankor’s plea for her to slow down, but she couldn’t. There was more she had to say, lay all her problem at his feet so that he could wash them away for her. Save her, as he had always done when they were children and Adelaida got herself in over her head. I.. I have more to tell you... Adelaida paused. She had meant to tell him of her, that she had changed with the times, more than Alexey or Sankor himself had, that she was different from them now. Yet the words got stuck in her throat. That thought was more painful to Adelaida now than the words that replaced them. Father is dead. Sankor had to know this sooner or later, and though Alexey should have been the one to tell him, Adelaida couldn’t help herself.

After you left home father became really ill and he wanted to go back to where he had been born, so mother, Lexey and I went with him. We stayed there for months but I left, came back here to find all these new canines all over. Alexey came a little while later and she told me that he had passed on. Mom decided to stay there... with him. Or rather his grave, as he was gone. Adelaida could still imagine their mother mourning at the grave for him, and while Alexey or Sankor might have been hurt or confused at her decision, Adelaida understood Katanka. Sighing Adelaida shrugged, the burden she carried with her was becoming lighter, but it had not been lifted. Still it would be cruel to lay anymore at Sankor’s feet, not just yet. Instead Adelaida merely stared up at her brother with her bright blue eyes and smiled sadly. I’m sorry, Kor. Whether Adelaida was sorry for the news of their parents, or because she herself was such a mess, Ade herself wasn’t sure.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread