Baby I could never steal you from another
Number of words: 349

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
A smile twisted the corner of her lips. What was she going to do? "Well, I'm going to give birth, and then I will raise them. Isn't that what one usually does with pups?" She moved forward, catching his hands. SHe carefully studied his face, sensing the anxiety that laid under the surface. After careful consideration, she spoke again, her soft voice less chipper.
"I guess what I wanted to know was if you wanted to play a role in their lives, if you wanted them to know you...or if that would complicate things in your life too much. I'm not here to force you to take responsability, and I'm not saying I don't want you to...I'm saying it's up to you what role you'd play to them, if any." That wasn't coming out like she'd wanted...she'd really only wanted to see his face light up with the same joy hers had when she figured it out. She hadn't thought that he would be less enthusiastic than she was.
She felt somewhat dissapointed in his lack of excitement, but she had to remind herself that not everyone considered themselves to be a parental figure. She swallowed, taking in a gentle breath and then letting it out slowly. Her thumb stroked the back of his hand gently. He was more than a twice over lover. He was a friend too, and one she never wanted to hurt. She bit the inside of her lip, nibbling at it anxiously, waiting for him to say something. Anything would do, even if he was going to say he wanted nothing to do with them. She sincerely hoped he would want to be at least a miniscule part of their lives. Thanos had once promised to be a part of her life when Dierdre had been young, and then he'd vanished. She hadn't entirely forgiven him for it. Deirdre hadn't lacked for father figures, but none were actually her father. She knew the girl had suffered for it. Would these pups be left fatherless too? Worries and doubts plagued her mind.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread