sing the sorrow
[html]
No problem! Oooh, I love your table! Hmm. I believe I'm due for a Jamestable.

He couldn't imagine what it was like to be a parent. He had heard that it was "rewarding," whatever that meant, but also very tiresome. Naniko looked like all she wanted to do was sleep. He was sure she loved her children, but he hated to see her so worn-out. He hoped this was normal. He'd been too young and therefore stupid to notice his mother's behavior when he and his siblings were little, so he honestly had no idea.

The little pallid girl came toddling toward him, her eyes bright with curiosity. His smiled transformed from one of unease to one of gentle happiness - how could he help it, with a child so sweet? He got down on his belly to make himself seem less imposing, because he knew he wouldn't like a stranger suddenly approaching just to tower over him. "I'm Kansas, your mama's... brother." The word seemed tainted. But he tried to ignore the feeling. Kansas had also been attempting to forget what had happened in the old house. He wanted them to be the same as before so badly. "What's your name, sweetie?"

He glanced at the child's mother with a calm grin on his face. "No. I don't think I could ever leave." He swallowed. "I'm... sorry. I'm glad everything went all right." He paused. Should he mention Savina? He had the impression that Naniko was kind of... uncomfortable, about them. He chose not to, not now, in front of the puppies. "I've been okay. Happy. I really love it here... What about you, other than tired?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread