lost companion
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

"Tawny pelt...golden eyes...." the black she-wolf murmured, mostly to herself. The white orbs averted their gaze, falling towards the dying earth in thought. She sifted through her memories of the pack meeting, but none seemed to fall under this description.... Perhaps Firefly was the wolf he sought? But she discarded that thought almost immediately. Firefly did not have golden eyes; to the contrary, she beheld green jewels. The female continued to search through her documentation of each member of Dahlia de Mai that she had met. Yet, no matter how many times she considered each wolf, there was none to fit such a description...

The black, woad-banded aurals pricked forward. Alexey. The name struck a chord someplace in the depths of her mind. Swiflty, she sifted through her memories, trying to pinpoint where it was that she had heard that name. When the lone male spoke again, he mentioned that his sister was missed by her family. Family. A quick smile flashed on the young fae’s lips. She knew now where it was that she had heard the name. It had been at the pack meeting, and Cercelee had spoken that name of Alexey. "Oh yes! I have not had the pleasure of meeting your sister, but I have heard of her. I have heard from the Rosea that Alexey was away on family business...." Silver tones of song took on a minor melody. She hoped that the male was not put off by such news. "But she will be returning sometime in the winter..." she added as an after thought. It was true—or at least that was what she had heard. The black, woad-banded aurals flattened momentarily in an apologetic manner. Then, very quietly, the female said, "I’m sorry that she’s not here at the moment...."

But the female smiled warmly when he offered his name in return. "Pleasure to meet you, Sankor Kiosis." She referred to him by his full name. It was a cultural thing, but a thing that came from her father’s culture. Always, formalities came first, especially with superiors and new acquaintances. Only when the other party gave permission could she become more informal. Yet, she noticed now that this had been the first wolf to offer his or her full name. While Cwmfen often offered her own full name, the other wolves had referred to her by her first name only, permitting immediately for the informal relationship—and since all other acquaintances had been of superior ranks, she had not objected. She smiled again at this wolf as he displayed his respect. It was really the first time such a thing happened to her, and she appreciated his consideration.

"Forgive me for being unable to provide any more help," she said at length. Then she fell silent, and the white orbs shifted to gaze at her feet. She found there the rabbit kill, nearly forgotten in the moment. Then she returned her attention to Sankor. "If you are in no hurry, perhaps you could share this snack with me." She offered to share her kill in an amicable manner; it was not enough, but she figured that the friendly gesture would account for more. Yet, she still did not invite him over the boarders. Should he accept, she would take it to him. The woad-marked fae wondered then if she were being over tense about the whole boarder thing, but, without another pack wolf to reference, she had to leave it at that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread