lost companion
Sankor walked softly along the edge of their lands, he could catch the scent of his sibling along the borders but it seemed distant and stale. Ade and he had yet to find Alexey and so the male had done the only thing he knew to do, go to her pack. He'd done the deed without the knowledge of his younger sister, knowing her dislike for the shifters and the lifestyle they lived, but he'd been out in the world so long that though he still had to pause when he caught sight of one in their luperci form it was more out of admiration than shock. Though he himself had no want to sleep in the old hauntings of humans he best thought to each his own, though the hairs along his back always seemed to rise when he explored the wrecked ruins of the old cities.

He paused along the edge of the old cemetary, sniffing at the base of the large statue that stood looming over the world around him. He sat back on his haunches and stared at the blank face of the human form wondering what the whole purpose of the rock solid creation was. Even here his sister's scent was stale and a sigh escaped his lips as he begun to feel worry creeping into his heart. How would they make their family whole again if the whole of their family seemed impossible to find.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I hope you don’t mind me joining… ^=^
500+

Cwmfen nic Graine wandered near Flanders Field. She did not know why she felt so much attachment to the place. Perhaps there was some sentimental value—the place of her acceptance into Dahlia de Mai. Yet, while she indeed did consider such places in her sentimental values, it was not in her nature to linger around such things of the past. The past was an entity in which experience was gained, but it was a thing which must be forgotten. What appealed to her the most, she concluded, was the life-song there. So grey, cool, gentle…like a cool brook at high noon of the summer season. Black feet, with toes banded by blue woad, tread quietly through the November grasses. Her hands brushed fondly over the stones of the dead, and with each touch she could hear their whispering, so faint that it could merely be dismissed as a breath.

Her attention was averted as something scurried through the grass beneath her feet. Immediately, the young woman gave chase, shifting mid-stride back into her lupus form. Her movements were effortless and swift, like an otter through the water, as she gave chase to the snack. Her maw reached forward, as if tentatively requesting to take the hind legs of the—she inhaled the scent deeply—rabbit. The small creature was quick, but she knew that rabbits eventually traveled in a large circle. So, the she-wolf took off to one side, bending the arches of the rodent’s circular path—and intercepted the poor creature .The graceful jaws snapped audibly shut about the hind leg of the rabbit. As the marked limbs ground to a halt, the female flickered her maw, adjusting her grip to the creature’s neck. The death cry of the rabbit echoed dully in the damp air.

The black auds pricked forward, someone had arrived at the boarders. The black fae turned her white gaze towards the approaching wolf. It was a male, but his scent held no trademark of any pack—a longer, perhaps? It was definitely not a scent that she had tasted before. The way in which he presented himself was not threatening, but she was wary never the less. The experiences of her life before her joining of Dahlia de Mai had taught her caution. Cwmfen hesitated to approach him, though not out of fear. She held only the rank of Blue, and that was not a high enough rank to greet others at the boarders—that she knew directly from Cercelee. Yet, at the pack meeting, Cercelee had requested that all members help Haku in the patrolling of the boarders. It was with this thought that she finally moved towards the male.

Her gait was light as she closed the short distance between them, and she hardly seemed to stop at all, so fluid were her movements. The woad-marked female realized that the rabbit was still in her mouth, but, having now realized so, she relinquished the carcass and her snack to the ground. She could devour it at a later time. "Hello," she began. The Caledonian-Korean wolf’s voice was melodic, and as warm as the golden rays of the sun that passed through the canopy of the clouds, reiterating the foreign markings of strength, honor, and protection. "Is there anything which you seek that I may be of assistance?" The inquiry was vague, but polite. Yet, there was an undertone that did not welcome him over the boarders. Cercelee had emphasized that she wished to maintain the friendly air even when greeting wolves at the boarders. However, especially since Cwmfen was not of a high rank, she did not think that she could invite him over. She wished now that she had asked the white Rosea more about such things.

[/html]
Sankor didn't have long to wait as he spied a dark hued woman moving gracefully through the grasses. His eyes followed her graceful move across the lands as she seemed intent on stalking her prey through the lands. Suddenly it seemed that she'd captured her prize and had moved on to bigger and better things. He was impressed by the fluid motion of her moves and how she'd cunningly tricked her pray right into a trap. He grinned to himself as he watched her moving about along her way and yet suddenly it seemed that she'd realized the stranger was there along the border.

The smile almost instantly disappeared as he realized he was gawking at the strangely yet beautifully marked woman. He sat there quietly as she moved closer and closer, the reward for her hard work still in her maw as she finally stopped a short distance before him. He wagged his tail softly as she spoke, the words soft and musical, almost distracting as she questioned his appearance on their borders. He shook his head slightly, getting the distracting thoughts from his mind as she smiled guiltily and admitted his reason for hanging along her pack's lands. "Sorry ma'am.. but my sister had joined your pack.. and I haven't heard from her.." he flicked his eyes to the side a moment, trying to keep from staring at her unusual beauty.

Clearing his throat the male smiled weakly again as he laughed. "I was just worried.." he told the girl, hoping that she didn't think he was pathedic for being concerned about the wellbeing of a sibling. He knew few littermates actually seemed to stay close nowadays and he didn't want her to think he was some sad pathedic weaking for actually having a heart.. but he didn't think she was that kind of girl, not like he knew many woman though.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

When the male spoke, his words were polite and non-threatening—in fact, they could be considered amicable. The female smiled softly to him. She always appreciated civility, and she was glad that the male was not one to bring mischief to the boarders. Cwmfen had no doubt that the experiences of the past would lend themselves to her should the situation become sanguine, but warriors while desiring it, always preferred not to be forced to use what they knew against other individuals. The black fae was thus relieved, and she wagged her tail in response to him.

"A sister you say?" As the alto voice faded on the cool air, the fae considered his explanation. She was still relatively new to Dahlia de Mai, but she had met all of the members at least once due to the pack meeting a few weeks prior. There had not been many members, but those who had been present seemed devoted to the pack. And, with there being so few members, it would not be difficult for her to recall a face and name for the male. "Perhaps with a name, I will be able to help you." The black fae’s smile was light hearted as she spoke with silver tones. She proceeded to recline upon her haunches, implying that she intended to stay and discuss this dilemma of the male, if not to converse. Today, she did not have much on her mind. She knew that after the meeting, she had wanted to meet with Slay to discuss the matter of group or partner hunting, as she intended to pursue such a co-rank. But she was unable to locate him, and having rested, she had found a snack and this male at the boarders. It was a rather pleasant day.

"Do not worry too much. I am certain that she is faring well..." Of course, she was not definite in her statement, but the welfare of those who had attended the meeting seemed well, and she would make the supposition that they would remain in fair condition. However, she knew that anything could happen in a day, and she hoped that this male would not be disappointed. She was glad, however, that the wolf opposite her seemed to care for his sister. Family ties were important to her. While she had no living family of her own (save for her father, the crow-wolf, whom hardly thought of her as a daughter so much as a female able to bear a child), she intended to compensate for that with the protecting and cherishing of this pack, if not with her own family...

The black female realized suddenly that neither wolf knew the other’s name. She laughed lightly to herself, a sound that was like the golden rain. "Forgive me for my discourtesy. My name is Cwmfen nic Graine." She smiled, but suddenly, the she wolf had become awkward. How else was she to illustrate this greeting? She had seen those in luperci form shake hands or hug. But how did those in lupus form greet each other. She herself had never found herself in a situation such as this before. The woad-marked fae tried to think back on the times she had encountered others, but such a greeting had been absent, it seemed. Perhaps there was no other greeting necessary. She smiled shyly at the male and tried to dismiss her own awkwardness and hoped that he was encouraged to do the same.

[/html]
He thought he might have to worry about the pack being weary of intruders but when the woman offered him a friendly greeting as she questioned his reasonings for trampsing upon their lands he began to relax even more. He gave her a soft smile as he nodded in agreement, hoping that she had news of why he hadn't seen Alexey yet. Surely if the girl had been in the pack this long it wouldn't be hard to track her down. "Yes, she's got a tawny pelt with golden eyes.. Her name is Alexey.." Alexey didn't look very much like Sankor so he was hoping that there weren't too many wolves in the pack that looked like his sister... he knew that there was a chance she was off performing pack duties but he hoped not.

When the woman tried to ease his worries with assurance that she was probably doing well he smiled weakly. He felt slightly less foolish than he had to begin with, atleast she wasn't laughing at him yet. For being so friendly the male had a streak of self doubt when it came to his openhearted ways. He bowed his head and attempted to clear his throat, "I'm sure she is.. but she's been missed by her family.." The thought came to the male that perhaps Alexey was fully content where she was and it was Sankor and Ade that were lonely and worrying their days away. He raised his walnut hued orbs, bespeckled with rings of lime and forest green with a flash of guilt across his face.

When the woman laughed he almost flenched before he realized that she was offering the male her name and begging him for forgiveness. He laughed along with her at realizing that he hadn't granted her the same privilege, which showed just how long he'd been a loner and how dim his knowledge of pack workings was. "I'm Sankor Kiois.." he said pathedically as a grin crossed his muzzle, his own embarassment obvious, though it was nothing along the lines of how she was having a mental battle of border patrol graces. He could really care less as he bowed his head a notch to show her respect, hoping that he wasn't out of line acting so relaxed upon the edge of their lands
[html]

500+

"Tawny pelt...golden eyes...." the black she-wolf murmured, mostly to herself. The white orbs averted their gaze, falling towards the dying earth in thought. She sifted through her memories of the pack meeting, but none seemed to fall under this description.... Perhaps Firefly was the wolf he sought? But she discarded that thought almost immediately. Firefly did not have golden eyes; to the contrary, she beheld green jewels. The female continued to search through her documentation of each member of Dahlia de Mai that she had met. Yet, no matter how many times she considered each wolf, there was none to fit such a description...

The black, woad-banded aurals pricked forward. Alexey. The name struck a chord someplace in the depths of her mind. Swiflty, she sifted through her memories, trying to pinpoint where it was that she had heard that name. When the lone male spoke again, he mentioned that his sister was missed by her family. Family. A quick smile flashed on the young fae’s lips. She knew now where it was that she had heard the name. It had been at the pack meeting, and Cercelee had spoken that name of Alexey. "Oh yes! I have not had the pleasure of meeting your sister, but I have heard of her. I have heard from the Rosea that Alexey was away on family business...." Silver tones of song took on a minor melody. She hoped that the male was not put off by such news. "But she will be returning sometime in the winter..." she added as an after thought. It was true—or at least that was what she had heard. The black, woad-banded aurals flattened momentarily in an apologetic manner. Then, very quietly, the female said, "I’m sorry that she’s not here at the moment...."

But the female smiled warmly when he offered his name in return. "Pleasure to meet you, Sankor Kiosis." She referred to him by his full name. It was a cultural thing, but a thing that came from her father’s culture. Always, formalities came first, especially with superiors and new acquaintances. Only when the other party gave permission could she become more informal. Yet, she noticed now that this had been the first wolf to offer his or her full name. While Cwmfen often offered her own full name, the other wolves had referred to her by her first name only, permitting immediately for the informal relationship—and since all other acquaintances had been of superior ranks, she had not objected. She smiled again at this wolf as he displayed his respect. It was really the first time such a thing happened to her, and she appreciated his consideration.

"Forgive me for being unable to provide any more help," she said at length. Then she fell silent, and the white orbs shifted to gaze at her feet. She found there the rabbit kill, nearly forgotten in the moment. Then she returned her attention to Sankor. "If you are in no hurry, perhaps you could share this snack with me." She offered to share her kill in an amicable manner; it was not enough, but she figured that the friendly gesture would account for more. Yet, she still did not invite him over the boarders. Should he accept, she would take it to him. The woad-marked fae wondered then if she were being over tense about the whole boarder thing, but, without another pack wolf to reference, she had to leave it at that.

[/html]
He just stared, leaning forward as he waited, she had him on end with just the smallest words as she seemed to be going through her own memory bank to decide if the girl existed or not. She was tormenting him with soft silky words about the whereabouts of his sibling. That flash of a smile wasn't helping any either as finally she found the answer she was looking for. ...and how fast his hopes were crushed as she gave him the information he sought. His shoulders drooped as he wastold he'd come too late. Taking his green flecked orbs away from the beauty before him he sighed. "Thank you.. I should have came sooner.." He should have done many things, but of course his siblings wouldn't let him take the fault for not being their rough and tumble brother at all times they needed him there.. and it seemed that when he came for Alexey she'd given up and went to seek him out. She would have been the one.. always willing to take action when things weren't moving fast enough to fix their world. The only good news he'd been presented with was that her pack expected her to return, which meant that all he had to do was wait and she would return. "I'm sorry she's not here either.. hopefully she'll be back soon.."

His smile was weak but there was still a bit of hope there. The woman spoke his name and small little smiles came and went like cresting waves upon her face. He tilted his head to the side as he watched her change in features. It was interesting and yet those beautiful markings kept drawing his attention to so many difference things about the dark hued lass before him. Shaking his head as he realize she'd spoken again he cleared his throat as he asked, "what?" Ouch. Caught outright in the middle of admiring the unique foreign lady, how embarassing.

Suddenly he'd come to realize what she'd said and a goofy lopsided smile fell upon his lips as he lowered his head respectfully. "If you're willing to spend time with a stranger than yes.." Some tiny voice in the back of his mind wondered if this was some form of courting ritual, but normally wasn't it the male who did the courting.. maybe things were different where she was from. He just smiled shyly again and cast his eyes off to the side. He really didn't care about the snack.. but he was interested in getting to know this strangely marked ebony miss.
[html]

500+

The male seemed genuinely distressed by his sister’s absence. The milky orbs took in the subtle changes of his posture and considered the situation from a distance. It was...unusual for siblings to care for each other so, especially since each would go their separate ways, creating and joining new packs. She herself had no siblings, no relations—save for her sire. The black fae sighed lightly, wondering if there was ever to be anyone in the world who would think of her in such a way, or who would think of her and only her. There was worry with such a thought; she had observed that couples here tended to hold promiscuity in low regard. Cwmfen was not a promiscuous wolf and never would be, but she had been raised by a mother who had told her that love, while the strongest of bonds, should not tie one down—at least that was what her mother had said. But, logically, why should it? Perhaps, because she had never really had any kind of benign relationship, the young female was simply naïve where love was concerned.

"Do not mourn too greatly for the distance," the silver tones offered gently. Cwmfen had observed that waiting only heightened the emotions anticipated in such situations; she could not believe that it would be so despairing as Sankor believed it to be. "The reunion will be all the more sweeter for it." Or frightening, she thought to herself. In her case, the reunion with her father would not be a welcoming one. Quietly, she placed that thought aside, not wishing to encourage the male’s depressed mood. Yet, she allowed the silence between them last, for it was not wise or polite to disregard his current emotions. A light smile flickered across her maw as she was reminded of her acquaintance with the hybrid DaVinci, for even now she offered her presence for the other.

The moments passed between them, and her offered remained open still. The black, woad-banded aurals swiveled back and forth once, twice, as she wondered why he was watching her so intently. She supposed that his mind was elsewhere—perhaps on his sister—and that she just happened to be in the way of his line of view. Then he realized that she had offered to share the small kill she had made, and she found that his smile was enjoyable. She laughed lightly, a mirthful sound like the bubbling of a brook, and she did not mock him in anyway. Her own smile was bright and genuine. "Of course I don’t mind," she stated simply. Then she moved, scooping the carcass in her welcoming jaws. She offered it to Sankor first, as she believed it would be polite and proper, placing it at his feet.

Cwmfen became shy, especially because the male became shy. She made an effort, however, to appear calm and collected, and to not create a greater discomfort in the other, especially since he was a guest to these lands. She wondered suddenly why she was spending so much effort for this male she had only just met. "Have you been to many places?" The woad-marked female felt random and foolish, but she tried to ignore herself.

[/html]
Sankor wasn't like most, he knew that, but when you weren't raised in a traditional pack sense but merely the family clan things weren't normal. It had all seemed like a fairytale up until the time they knew their father was dying. Sankor would have been expected to take the lead and watch over the family but the male had bucked at the new challenge in his life, he'd been afraid, afraid because of the thoughts of what if.. 'what if' he failed, what if he couldn't protect them.. what if.. the thoughts went on and on and had nearly driven him insane. With the coming journey their father would take the mahogany and ebony male had slipped away, leaving them with the knowledge that he would return.. and somewhere along his way he'd grown older, wiser.. and wasn't afraid anymore, atleast he'd come to terms with dealing with that fear.

Today was the first moment he'd really had to come face to face with having possibly 'failed' at the new role he had returned home to. So quickly he was finding his confidence slipping away and yet deep down he didn't feel as though his sibling was in any danger. He smiled at the words the woman offered him as he agreed. "I know, I just wish I'd caught her in time.. she probably never would have left in the first place.. if she knew I was already home." He asumed that that was what her journey had been all about to find and bring back the peacemaker between the two female siblings, to restore the family. It didn't matter now, he would have time enough to work the emotions that were all twisted up inside apart, now though he'd rather not think about it.. and it seemed the woman before him didn't want him to as well, so cleverly and yet persistantly easing his away from the worst of his thoughts and fears.

The moments passed between them, and her offered remained open still. The black, woad-banded aurals swiveled back and forth once, twice, as she wondered why he was watching her so intently. She supposed that his mind was elsewhere—perhaps on his sister—and that she just happened to be in the way of his line of view. Then he realized that she had offered to share the small kill she had made, and she found that his smile was enjoyable. She laughed lightly, a mirthful sound like the bubbling of a brook, and she did not mock him in anyway. Her own smile was bright and genuine. "Of course I don’t mind," she stated simply. Then she moved, scooping the carcass in her welcoming jaws. She offered it to Sankor first, as she believed it would be polite and proper, placing it at his feet.

His ears pricked forward though as she'd laughed so softly, the gentle sound sweet to the ears.. as though everything she did was intended to keep him distracted.. but then again he was male and a woman was a powerful force if they knew it or not. He smiled in return to hers as she now had his full attention. She answered his own concerns as to the small invitation on the fresh kill between them as quickly she brought up the limp form and deposited it at his feet. The male knew she was being polite but he'd always been brought up with the smooth ways of a gentleman and 'ladies first' was something too much heard growing up, often between the sibling in mockery, but the age old ways were too deeply inbeeded as he bowed to her and murmured the words. "Ladies first.." If they kept this up much lover the poor kill would be spoiled in no time.

Unfolding from the bow Sankor smiled shylu once again as he was pesented with light conversation over the meal they were to share. He turned his gaze towards the mountains as he indulged her. "Yes, yet most of my journeys were of learning and not sight seeing. Growing up here was a very closed minded experience.." he admitted quietly. It was obvious to him that she herself wasn't from these lands and he asked in return. "And you? Such an exotic flower surely never bloomed within these lands.." he said, the compliment gaving gone a little too far as he lowered his gaze.
[html]

I hadn’t seen the reply until now! So sorry!
700+

Ladies first.. She smiled brightly at him, her white orbs becoming slits for the pleasure of his words. He was so polite. Sankor’s gentlemanly demeanor was a thing that the female held in high regard. She had never really encountered polite males before—of course, she had made it an effort to avoid males. Primarily, it had been a matter for her survival. As a young, inexperienced female, she would not have been a difficult target for a male, who was built by nature larger and stronger. Perhaps with experience—such as the experience she now had—she would have been able to overcome a male in one-on-one combat, but she could not afford to risk the chances, especially because the consequence was death. But, especially after her father had caught her those months ago, she feared that she was not as potent as she had thought. She felt vulnerable and weak, susceptible to the wants and needs of males (perhaps, ironically, this was also why she favored the dominant, aggressive nature in males). While the males of Dahlia de Mai had shown her no great hostility—Slay had been seductively polite, and Haku intriguingly unapproachable—none had quite displayed the kindness she now received.

So, shyly, she could not help but comply. Cwmfen decided after a quick thought that it would be easier to eat if they were laying down, especially because the rabbit was relatively small. Quietly, she lowered herself to her stomach. The white orbs glanced briefly up at the mahogany and black male, hoping that he would follow suite. Quietly, the she-wolf lowered her jaws to the small creature. She pulled back the skin with ease, as if pulling back a film of bark from a tree. The white teeth found the still-warm flesh and tore it from the bones. The wolf took the piece off to the side and ate it there, away from the carcass. Involuntarily, a small growl of delight escaped her throat. She realized that she must been craving rabbit more than she thought.

Cwmfen looked up as Sankor began to speak. He claimed that he had traveled mostly for the learning and not for the pleasure of it. Indeed, her own experience had been made of such travels. But she knew also that she had been running. She nodded quietly, thinking. The woad-marked female had to agree with the other. While her life had been composed of such trying experiences, she would not have learned so much if she had been born within a pack. And yet, now that she had had the opportunity to learn such things, she felt that it was necessary to find a pack, to learn what they had to offer. It was the perfect time, she felt, for such learning. And Dahlia de Mai was indeed a different learning experience for her.

His complement caught her off guard. She blushed furiously and to such an extent that it was nearly visible through her black fur. The white orbs looked away, and she was silent, rendered speechless. She found that she was embarrassed and yet pleased, pleased to feel as if she seemed to be worth something to someone. And yet, she was afraid, for such thoughts had brought upon her such humiliation. Or, perhaps, she was more afraid that someone might like her, might find her attractive, might want to make a relationship with her. Quietly, she tried to push these discomforts away, tried to not show the male such weakness, but she only partially succeeded in doing so. For when she turned back to him smiling, her discomfort was clear in her expression. She did not know how to respond to that, and so she quietly sidestepped the matter.

"I came from across the sea... I wandered the lands for a while, learning like you and not really seeing or experiencing anything of the lands. But I was running... Until I found Dahlia de Mai, and with it I found safety." Why did she tell him that? She had not felt the need to tell anyone that before, and yet, suddenly she felt the urge to tell this male everything. It took much of her power to restrain herself from doing so, but she wondered suddenly whether this male could provide for her all that she needed. The white orbs peered into the eyes of the male, curious, intrigued, questioning.

[/html]
Sankor didn't miss the small little signs that she gave showing her shy nature and the gentle ways of the woman. He knew that every female could have a beast hiding within but he perferred the company of the ones that hid their wild instincts instead of ran with them all the time. He smiled as the woman lay down after he'd bowed away the rabbit to her first tastes. She had caught the creature and it was good manners to let the women dine first. He watched her curiously as she ate, the small little growl of pleasure made him flick his ears slightly as he chuckled softly before biting into his haunch and tearing at the tender flesh. The seasoned taste of the young rabbit was one of the grandest things he'd tasted in a long time, probably because it was the first thing he'd actually had in enjoyable company in a while, but he wouldn't admit that just yet. Turning his green flecked chocolate orbs to the woman he smiled softly.

While he had spent him time chattering away about the places he'd been and why he'd went there she'd listened quietly to his words and seemed to agree to the way he'd gone about exploring. His quick eyes caught the glance away at the compliment he had bestowed upon the blue woad beauty. It seemed she was fighting something as he watched her quietly, chewing on the bone between his paws the mahagony male saw something behind the smile she graced him with. He wasn't sure exactly what it was and her shy smile would have to be the thank you for the words he'd offered for there was nothing else she would grant him. He wondered briefly if he'd offended her so but she hadn't acted like she was annoyed or angry with him. Letting the thoughts blow past him with the breeze he perked his ears forward as the soft melody of her voice filled the void between them.

His tail thumped happily along his side as she spoke of her own travels, tilting his head to the side with questions that his orbs seemed to shout yet he quietly restrained himself the male asked softly. "Why were you running?" He could understand the need for safety in a pack, in numbers and in family but what she may or may not have been running from was more interesting than where she'd found her safety. "..Or what were you running from?" He decided to reword his question. He'd known many on the road that had ran from their past, or ran from responsiblities, she didn't seem like she was running from duties since she was here performing ones for her new pack. He didn't know her that well though.. which was why he was asking.
[html]

Of course, she finds out that she actually wasn’t raped, but she dosen’t know that yet, ^=^
500+

The woad-marked she-wolf absently observed the meat between them. She studied its tender texture, the small rivulets of blood that had carried life to the heart, and noted the way the soft fur moved against her breath as she breathed. The female was silent and let the silent blanket them. She both regretted and was content that she had told the mahogany male. She realized then that she had told him nothing. She had simply thrown a single, solitary, fragile rope across a great divide. Whether that rope had reached the other side was questionable. But she would soon—either now or sometime later—learn the answer to that unasked question. The black, woad-banded ears swiveled back as she shyly anticipated the question that he would ask, both dreading that moment and eager for it.

He did not disappoint her.

Why? Why indeed. She often asked herself why. Why didn’t she just stay and fight? Why didn’t she defend herself? Why didn’t she welcome death’s wings and let that crow carry her across that river? A sigh of resignation escaped her. “I don’t know,” she muttered to herself, lowering her marked head to her black paws. There was a strangeness in her tone, something dark and brooding, something bloodthirsty and frustrated, something afraid. The white orbs seemed to glare at the ground, staring down an unseen monster with such intensity as to force anyone to look away. There was something haunting lurking within the milky whiteness of those eyes—a bitterness.

She turned to look up at Sankor, but her dark expression had been discarded. A sad smile flickered across her lips, a barely discernable gesture. She had been strong enough to resist that dark road that such bitterness would lead her down, but for how long? The black wolf feared that one day that road would prove too tempting, and that she would find herself walking upon it eagerly, unable to turn back. But for now, she was safe upon the brightly lit path, and she was sharing a snack with a nice male.

“I was running from my father,” the alto voice offered at length, so quietly that her words could easily have been missed. The white orbs searched the eyes that held the colours of the wild woods. Then she turned away again, snapping absently upon a protruding bone. “He wanted my mother to have a son....” Once again, she wondered at herself. Why did she decide to tell him this? It was not as if he needed to know. It was not as if she needed to tell him. And yet she found herself continuing. “When her litter, save for me, were stillborns, he was dissatisfied. But he kept her alive so that she would raise me, and she did.” She loved her mother. “But...but once I was old enough, he killed her....” She was silent for a while, remembering the horrific scene. Her mother had been a warrior too, but Corvus had simply been too much for her. “I was able to escape. I thought that he would only want to kill me, but--” Anger and humiliation choked her, and she had to swallow them to continue. “But he want a son out of me too.... Before I came here, before I found Dahlia, he found and raped me.” She spat the last words with snarl, and was silent once more. Her black body trembled with barely containable rage and emotion, but, after several trying moments, she quieted herself. “He knew that I wasn’t mature enough to bear pups. It was merely an act of claiming me, of letting me know that he would get what he wanted.”

As she finished her story, she rested her head on her paws once more, breathing deeply to calm herself, unable to look upon Sankor. How stupid and small she felt then.

[/html]
Sankor was a gentle soul and years of being surrounded by sisters didn't make him pigheaded and blind to the ways of women and the cruelties that often fell to the softer side of the sexes. The silence that greeted his question lay heavy on the air as he waited, he knew that in a way he question was unfair, generally he was with males as his comrades and conpany but he was beginning to ease back into the life he'd once knew where women seemed to outnumber him and it was a strength and not a weakness to know one's gentler and heartfelt side.

He watched as the woman seemed to grow frustrated as she finally breeched the silence that had grown as taunt as a wire between the two. While her orbs were nearly unreadable Sankor followed her own example and lowered his muzzle to rest on his paws. soft warm brown eyes tried to met those of Cwmfen as he gave a little smile of encouragement. He knew it was personal in some way if it was going to take her this long to open up. She might cover it up by telling him it was silly or some other little bit of nonsense but in the end they were all just coverups. Slowly it seemed the girl was coming out of the shell as she brought forth an answer to his simple little words.

The story he was granted wasn't the whimsical tale he'd assumed that the girl would speak of but as he listened the serious look that fell upon his face seemed to turn into a worrisome furrow as she moved on. Sankor had known the sickness of other males, the need for lust and glory, to conquer the woman and show their superior power. He'd never followed the same path but there had been times when the destructive path had been opened to him. He flicked his eyes away a moment as she came to the bitter part of her story he knew existed. The anger in her voice was justifiable as he waited for her to continue on.

A soft growl grew in his throat at the disgust of what her father had done. He shook his head as he said softly. "You've found a home now though?" He knew that an apology for the treatment she'd been given was pointless and him being a male was probably hard enough on her at the moment. He wasn't going to make her feel like she needed pity when she spoke of her harsh past. "They know of your past? Your pack I mean.." His eyes were filled with concern, he knew what happened when you kept secrets from those that needed to know the truth.. it was rarely a pretty sight.

He watched as she seemed to slip right back into the shell she'd started in. His furrowed brow eased a moment as he asked her suddenly. "Where is he now?" He didn't want to say her father, the male had no claim to that title after the way he'd treated his child.. but he wondered if the monster still roamed the world to wreck the same breed of havic on others.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I think that we should have a more recent thread...? What do you think? We could finish this one up and start on the next one... OuO I want to get a more recent one going. We can fade to black if you’d like, ^=^ If you could start the next thread as a sort of continuation of this thread and his joining thread that would be great.... ^=^ PM me if you need anything~
500+

She was silent as she lay there, looking away from the mahogany male. There were no tears in her eyes, for she never wasted herself upon self pity. There had been tears of anger and indignation, but those had long been shed, and she had traveled a great distance to bring herself above that—or so she believed that she had, that she was required to. But there was a great emptiness in her soul, a vacancy that hisses as the cold wind swept by. And she had not grown accustom to such a vacancy. Her mind tread about it cautiously, fingering its edges with a fearful curiosity, a tentative touch that only brought pain, an aching discomfort that she could not seem to shake. At times, when she thought nothing of it, it seemed to disappear. But at times such as these, it was as prevalent as her own existence. As if checking to make sure of its presence, she touched that place once more, shuddering with the contact, before she allowed her thoughts to withdraw back into the upper corridors of her mind. Expelling that tenebrous entity from her soul, she sighed a quiet sigh.

The black fae was silent for a while, seemingly unable to hear the voice of the earth-toned male. As her eyes came into focus, she found the crisp earth in crisp focus, and the light was brighter here. As if through a cloud, his voice finally reached her, and she lifted her gaze and gave it to him, somehow finding the will to meet the brown and green eyes—like the world in summertime. There was no smile to grace her maw, but her face seemed less troubled, and silently, she was thankful that he had listened to her. She felt a little lighter, as if his mere presence had taken some of the burden from her soul. She felt as if that gaping hole might heal, but that feeling trembled there as if ready to disappear. But she found that she did not grasp at that feeling as it flew by. She wanted something else.... The wolf wanted to laugh at herself. Funny how a stranger could change everything.

"I have," she responded quietly at length. The alto melody seemed faded and distant as she seemed to look off into the distance. "There is a safety here that I cannot describe.... I don’t know what it is." By now she was almost talking to herself so quiet were those ringing tones. She was silent once more, considering some far off entity. Her brow creased ever so slightly and then she relaxed, returning to the male. "They do not know." Her maw twitched in the beginnings of a smile, but it was mirthless. When her white orbs peered into his eyes, she found concern there, and she was, perhaps, not expecting it. She regretted making this meeting fill with such depressing moods; the female knew that she was not being a good host. But it was too late now, and she didn’t know how to fix it. "I just...couldn’t find the right way to bring it up. It wouldn’t be right to trouble them with such things after they so kindly accepted me." And then she laughed, but it was not out of pleasure. "But look at me. I’ve only brought it to you, and we’ve only just met." There was regret in her voice. Shaking her head, the female sighed as she answered his last inquiry.

"I don’t know...."

[/html]
Sankor had always been the shoulder to his siblings, the stronge one who would make everything better, while they seemed to trust in this nonsense that he had all answers and in the end the world would be ok again he knew it wasn't thus. He had nothing he could offer this mere stranger that he could give her to erase the past and sooth the jagged edges of her roughened soul. He could listen, that's what he could do and so he'd done just that. Though he hadn't expected the story of pain and rage she'd granted him he'd taken it in and stored it away in the little box of secrets that he kept for those souls who seemed to find trust in his warm caring eyes. That much he would honor as well, to keep her secret, though she hadn't exactly said it was one, he'd treat it with care as though it was.

He was at ease, picking at the last remaining bits of his half of the meal she'd caught as he waited for her to return to reality, that distant unfocused look wasn't lost on the male, he'd seen it time and time again on the road and in his siblings eyes when they reverted into some special place where only they knew what went on. Her return to reality wasn't announced out loud as she returned to gazing at him before finally finding answered to the questions he'd asked. She didn't look to him as she spoke and he wasn't going to force that either, he gave a soft smile as he gentle responded, trying to coax her into keeping the idea in the back of her head for the future. "They deserve to know.. and I'm sure in the long run you'll find it was wiser to share the truth than to keep it tucked away." He could tell that sharing such information wasn't exactly something she wished to do but he hoped that she could find atleast a friend among her packmates to talk to about it, incase the past did come back to haunt the exotic beauty, atleast with a friend at her side it would be easier to face the past.

"No Cwmfen, it's no trouble.. Your words atleast give me hope that she'll return again.." he said softly, a gentle smile on his lips as for the first time since she'd spoken of Alexey that he remembered the real reason he'd come to these lands in the first place. He sighed though, as he realized that Ade was going to be expecting him sooner or later and he didn't want her to worry. "Sadly though, I've duties as a brother that still need tended to even with Alexey gone.." He stood to his paws and smiled at the woman. "Thank you for the snack, and for your words." He hoped he'd see the raven woman again but now he was the one who had to be on his way, shaking the snow from his fur he gave her a long hard look as he asked. "Give it some thought.. they deserve to know, and you deserve it too.." He wasn't for certain if she'd really understand the words he'd spoken but she seemed to have a lot to keep her occupied as it was, he wasn't going to take up the whole of her evening now.

-FADE-