No Casper here
[html]

"I know Iskata," he confirmed, scratching his head. He had seen Iskata's daughter, but could not claim to have met her. Iskata was the only Sadira he could recall; if he had met any others, he had forgotten. He knew that the family group was seated in Clouded Tears, but due to his relative lack of contact with that pack, he hadn't met them. Strange, that I've been so reclusive for so long. He knew that his name was known around Bleeding Souls, but if he had spent more time making friends and less sitting on his border, ever-vigilant even in times of peace, more wolves might know him as he was, rather than how his enemies depicted him.

"I haven't met many from your pack, I did not frequent it often. I met a wolf named Colibri on the border once, though that has been two years and more ago." Had it really been that long? He was old, older than he felt, but he knew that he wouldn't be hale for much longer. A healthy wolf could expect to live over ten years(though that had not been true of their ancestors before lycanthropy), and remain fit through most of it, but he had put himself through a great deal of abuse. He wagered he had another year, two at the very most, before his years hit him hard. At times he wondered what he would do when his body wore down and he was no longer any good for fighting.

"So, what are you doing in this neck of the woods, this time of night? Are you on your way back to Clouded Tears?" It made sense. Now that he was near Storm but not a part of it, Clouded Tears seemed less far away, just on the other side of the trees.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread