you seem like you'd be a good dad
[html]
Tongue I've done that before.
300+

He noticed the puppy was beginning to calm down a little, her tickling lessening in violence. Did puppies wear out that fast? He hoped she'd be all right, that this hadn't been too much. Naniko would probably wonder what they'd done t her child. Kansas smiled to himself as the girl flopped over, finally relinquishing her power over his Mati. Savina's laughter had died down and finally came to a stop. He loved seeing her this happy; he couldn't describe how good it made him feel in turn.

He listened to the girl's soft sigh and lay beside her. She felt safe with them; she trusted them. He liked the feeling of having a child's trust. The three rested for a few only a few precious moments, the contentment filling the cream-hued youth with warmth; but suddenly, Mati's ears perked and her eyes lit with sudden interest. He flashed Savina a quizzical gaze but understood when he heard the sound of another one of the pups and watched Mati get up and stroll out their door. Kansas laughed a little, watching Savina move to push the door shut. He had a feeling she would have loved if the girl had stayed behind to nap with them.

When she returned to his side, her expression was a puzzling combination of excitement and uncertainty. He touched the slender fingers on his chest, taking her hand in his. "She is a sweet girl. I'm glad she came." Another smile. Savina spoke again, this time her words uncharacteristically wary and careful. He was silenced for a moment, absently gazing at their hands... He knew she'd ask him this question soon. And it wasn't that he didn't want her to. It just frightened him. He didn't want to be a bad parent, to mess up his children like some fathers did.

"I... I do want to have children with you," he said softly. "I... would just want to be... a good father to them." He moved his other hand so that both of his hands held hers, and he looked into her eyes, wanting her to know that what he said was true.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread