Wish I was a Wild West Hero
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
As he waited the massive male began pacing, more to keep warm than nerves, but the nerves were there. Perhaps this was the right thing for the rest of the pack, but he hadn’t before thought of what this would do to Pilot. Being a leader took a large amount of personal sacrifice. While it was a rewarding job, it also consumed time that could be otherwise spent on family, something that Phoenix knew Pilot wanted to have with Dierdre. He knew how much the couple wanted pups of their own. Phoenix intended to give him a choice, but nobody ever could know what they were getting into beforehand.

The first few months could be especially excruciating to get acclimated to the job—and Phoenix still wasn’t sure when he would get used to it, himself. Perhaps if he lived to be a nonagenarian, but that was physically impossible. But Pilot was different from him, definitely more upbeat, and Phoenix knew that much of his own stress came from his own head.

When Pilot finally showed up, in optime form like him, Phoenix returned his closest friends smile. That was all possible thanks to him. It was Phoenix’s gene that granted Pilot that ability, yet another thing that, in Phoenix’s mind, now linked them as family. He was just as much a brother to the massive male as a son-in-law. “I been doin’ some thinkin’,” Phoenix stated, trying to sound nonchalant. “Bein’ a leader ain’t easy, Pilot. Everybody lookin’ up t’me even when I don’t deserve it, everybody needin’ me t’help ‘em with this or that. It ain’t a fun thing, not one bit.” He paused, giving Pilot time to consider his words. He didn’t want to spring this on him all at once.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread