Alone amidst the waves
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

As the one woman noticed his staring he immediately felt bad. He had been raised better than to react in such a way. Oh how far he had fallen. He truly understood now why knowledge was dangerous. "I, uh, s-sorry. I just, know DaVinci..." He never used to get so tongue tied either. One on one he hadn't noticed all his behavioral changes, but now that he was surrounded by three women he certainly did. It was salt in his fresh wounds and he hated himself all the more for it. Once he had dreams of being a knight. He had been Crimson Dreams' prince. Now he was just a drunken dolt. Bastard son of a rapist.

Relief however did was over him as she stated the scarred female was a healer. Good. He wouldn't have to worry about taking Ruri to his mother then. That would have been awful. He didn't know if he'd ever be able to look at his mother again and not feel awful, much less so soon after he had learned the ugly truth of his birth. "You're in luck then." He said with a crooked half smile down at the steel lady, even though he knew she couldn't see it. Even though she said he didn't need to be embarrassed he was. Now he was constantly embarrassed and ashamed of himself and that only magnified in the company of others. "I'm Haven..." His own name even felt hollow in his ears.

Bi-colored ears twitched as Ruri explained how she knew of Firefly. Soon he was snapped back by harsh words from the healer. Once again his ears plastered themselves against his skull. "O-oh, okay...s-sorry..." Somewhat unsteadily he rose and moved to the other side of the shipwrecked girl. Haven knelt down beside the gruff female and gently lead her hand to the various cuts and scrapes that riddled Ruri's form. What a pathetic wretch he had become.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread