Alone amidst the waves
ooc: Alright everybody, here's Ruri, the blind wolfXdog hybrid (mostly dog. I haven't worked out the exact genetics) She's quite emotional and has an intense fear of abandonment so...yeah
Word Count: 454

ic: The waves lapped up against the rocks as the bright sunlight warmed them. As the surf continued to rhythmically stroke the shore, a small figure stirred amidst the rocks. Her whole body was soaked with the salty brine of the ocean. Her slender body was sprawled out uncomfortably on the small patch of rock less sand where the ocean had been kind enough to place her. Her slate grey fur, greatly darkened in color due to its wetness, served as a convenient mechanism to chill the small female to the bone. With a pained moan, the fragile optime managed to roll herself onto her back only to groan once more as she became vividly aware of the numerous abrasions and bruises that littered her body. Despite the pain, however, the female managed to slowly force herself up only to crawl a few feet and collapse again from weakness. At least now the waves were not continually re-soaking the wounds on her legs from the rocks. Bewildered, the female's hands struggled to brush her long, wet bangs out of her face only to reveal her two pupil-less, pale blue eyes. Her gaze danced about randomly, with no apparent destination. This girl was blind.
"Wh-where am I?" the adolescent coughed, her throat sore from the salt water she had ingested during her battle with the sea the night before. The question took on new meaning as the girl perked her half-folded, obviously non-lupine, ears to listen for any familiar voices in the nearby area. Her heightened senses of hearing detected only the ocean. She would have sniffed the air as well if her nose were not so sore. Salt water, while she loved to be around it, being in it for a whole night had not been enjoyable. "Where is everyone? Jacquez...?" she called out her friend's name to again only hear the waves answer back. She was alone. The realization came quite quickly, but the distress came slowly. Despite the protests of her weak, sore body, the tiny optime slowly sat up, groping around in the sand as far as she could reach. Perhaps her some of her other friends were all unconscious and lying around beside her. If they were she would be able to feel them. Her sensitive hands felt nothing but sand and warm rocks.
"Please...where is everyone?" She pleaded, her voice cracking as her useless eyes began to tear up. "I...I can't be alone again," she sniffed, tears beginning to stream down her face as she sat there, curled up in the sand, her long wet hair clinging to her even more soaked fur. Her bushy wolf-like tail was curled around her feet as the adolescent girl sat there and cried.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

For the first time in what seemed like a lifetime the youthful hybrid had left the dank and dreary bar he had taken up residence in. He had no idea what had made him abandon his self imposed exile for the time being, but he couldn't deny how good the sun felt on him. It did sting his eyes though. Going so long without the full light of the sun had made him unaccustomed to its strength and he squinted as he walked. While he had left the bar, he had taken a bottle with him. The rum was held loosely between his fingers as he walked through the sand and stones of the Shattered Coast, every now and then bringing the dark liquid to his lips. Haven couldn't stand be sober. It was even worse than his miserable drunken state.

He couldn't believe he was actually walking in the direction of his home. His real home. The boy knew he would stop and turn back before he got too close to be spotted, but it still made his stomach twist into knots. The last thing he wanted was to be spotted by one of his friends or family. Drunkenly he stumbled and almost fell flat on his face in the sand. But then something hit his bi-colored ears. A voice. A panicked voice. Almost instantly he found his footing and took off in the direction of the scared woman. He may have been a sorry excuse for his former self, but even now he couldn't let a girl who sounded so distressed stay on her own.

Soon the drowned figure came into his hazy eyesight and he called out. "Hey! Hey I'm coming!" Even from where he was he could see she was injured. Rushing up he knelt in the sand beside her curled up form. Haven set his bottle in the sand off to the side. "What happened? Are you okay?" That was a stupid question, but it was the best his alcohol riddled brain could do at the moment. Hesitantly he rested a hand lightly on her shoulder.

[/html]
ooc- yay for thread crashing..

ic

Firefly knew that the time was coming for her to give up on finding her children in the pack away from their father's house long enough to say her goodbye. She'd spent so much time roaming near his house and keeping an eye out for the boys that the days just drug by and nothing was coming of her life. For once she actually felt useless and she wanted to get rid of that feeling as fast as she could. She had promised Svara and Leroy that she would come join them as soon as she'd had the chance to see her children off. Now as the days went by she was faced with the disheartening idea of leaving without saying goodbye. She sighed and figured that just maybe it was better thatway. The sooner they forgot about her the quicker their lives could take on more stability.

She had been traveling along the Shattered Coast towards Halifax. She wasn't actually planning on going into the city but bypass it and find DaVinci. She owed him an apology atleast for what had happened within his packlands. She had thought that Lysander had told him but it was obvious that he hadn't now. Perhaps it was better that he hadn't know but she still felt she owed him something, he had basically raised her after all.

The woman had rounded a sand dune and within her sights now was two forms down near the surf. The flash of the slate blue fur caught her attention and though she didn't know the second figure she called out as she quickened her approach. "DaVinci!" The closer she got to the pair the more it became apparent that she had named the figure wrong. The only two souls she'd know with that tone of fur had been her brother and his daughter.

Realizing the figure to be more feminine than male she corrected herself, hoping she was right the second time atleast. "Skylar?" She didn't actually know the girl, just her name from passing conversations with DaVinci. She'd been too busy herself in Dahlia de Mai when his own offspring had been haunting the lands. She pulled up short of the pair and waited, not knowing if she was exactly welcome or wanted.
ooc: 400+
[html]Her half folded ears perked at the sound of a male's voice fairly close by. The voice didn't sound familiar, so she was understandably nervous. However, when he knelt down beside her and touched her shoulder, the nervous sensations faded only leaving behind her sadness. Sniffling and wiping the tears that clung to her white furred muzzle, the young female did her best to direct her blind eyes towards the male, only succeeding due to the fact that she had pinpointed his location from his voice. "I...I don't exactly know. I was with my friends on our ship and then a bad storm came along. The next thing I knew, the whole ship was rolling and tumbling, tipping dangerously far. I don't even think they had time to try and lighten our load of supplies before...a wave rolled the ship over," she shivered, both from the remembrance of the dreaded memory and the sudden chill that shook her form from the ocean breeze blowing against her soaked slate grey coat.

"The rest is just a blur. I remember my best friend pulling me to the surface---I couldn't even tell which way was up---and then he gave me something to hold onto to keep my head above water. I guess I must have passed out after that because I don't remember how I got here, wherever here is," she sniffed, tears still trickling from her pale blue eyes. She had no idea how she had survived the frigid waters, most likely she had just been lucky. The sound of another voice reached her sensitive ears, calling out two unfamiliar names, seemingly directed towards them. "M-my name is Ruri Aceline," she stuttered, the shaking on her body slowly subsiding as the sun began to dry her wet coat. The fragile girl did her best to remain still, in her curled up position. It had hurt enough moving away from the ocean, with all of the cuts and bruises on her body. She could only guess that she had struck the rocks several times during last night’s fight with the waves. She trying to find something to hold onto that would keep her from being pulled away by the waves. To be perfectly honest she was glad she didn't remember most of her ordeal, otherwise she might feel far more traumatized than she already was. Turning towards the male, her sense of smell slightly recovered, she caught the scent of the alcohol on his breath. "Is that rum you're drinking?" She asked, noting the smell of the familiar sea-farer's beverage. She couldn't help noticing the various scents and sounds around her. They were the only way she could gauge her surroundings.[/html]

[html]

Svara was finding herbs, today instead of her red cloth a leather eye patch was around the useless eye. She did it to focus the other eye, though it didn't stop the headaches and her drug use to keep the head aches away. Squatting she used her staff to balance herself and pick up the herbs and put them in seprate cloths and put them in a basket. Her venture of herb collecting had started four days and she had been going at in none stop, only pausing to eat drink and bring herbs back to the cabin when she had to much to carry. At the moment she was picking up horse tail and marigold, the two plants giving under her gently removal.

Ever since her last visit to DDM she had kept the bear pelt, waiting for the right moment to give it to Firefly. It had never been meant for her, always for the women who had saved her from the bear. The practacly blind red she wolf hadn't expect to smell the female in the air at that very moment. Perking her ears forward she was surprised that the she wolf was here. Lifting herself and her basket she started towards the smell and the acumulating noise.

It didn't take her long to find the cause of all the camotion. A wolf who smelled strongly of Alcohol, a she wolf who's words were the tell tale sign of blindness, and firefly's figure heading closer to the two. Walking towards firefly at first the healer approached the women. "Firefly?" She asked not questioning who she was but what was going on. Not waiting for the she wolf to reply Svara headed towards the other two, her staff held long ways and not being used at the moment. "Your blind aren't you." She said in a deep husky voice the the girl she heard. Why did she care? Did some part of her want someone who knew what it was like to be in darkness? Then again Svara's one eye was a blessing. Of course she ignored the liquor smelling male completly.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Haven watched the girl with worry-filled jade orbs. He noticed her eyes were pupiless and it seemed to take her longer than most to catch site of him. Had the saltwater done something to her eyes as well? Made it hard to see? He had no idea, but it was clear she needed a healer. None of her cuts seemed too bad, but if they got infected things could turn south quickly. Unfortunately the only healer he knew was his mother. He couldn't take her there, he just couldn't. They would need to find someone else. The boy listened to her story and it sounded frightful. Very similar to what had happened to his aunt Savina. "It's ok, you're safe now. I'll get you some help, we can look for your friends too."

His eyes grew wide as he heard someone call out his uncle's name. Gaze turned to the woman who was coming closer and his ears flicked back against his head. She wasn't anybody he knew, but apparently she knew his uncle. Then she also said the name of his cousin. He had never met Skylar and his gaze turned back to the female on the sand, wondering if it were her. But no, she said her name and it was not. His eyes flicked back to the red haired woman and now saw there was another coming even closer to him. His stomach tied into nervous knots. The Aatte male didn't want to be around so many people. Especially ones that knew members of his family.

Still, he wasn't about to leave Ruri. When she asked if it was rum he was drinking his free hand scratched at the back of his head. "Yeah, it is..." That was embarrassing. Surely she didn't expect her rescuer to be half drunk. Knights didn't do that. Though he was no knight. Haven wasn't half that noble or well born. When the scarred woman came close to them and asked if Ruri was blind it clicked. That was why she had had a hard time finding him in her gaze. How awful. To be alone and blind in a strange place.

[/html]
As the woman had moved across the lands she caught the sight of the reddish hue of Svara, the winds knocking her scent to and fro. She turned her head slightly when the other spoke her name, a slight nod to let her know that she'd heard, but she was just as clueless as Svara. She shook her head to let the other know that there was nothing she could do to answer any questions as together the two finished the distance to the wreckage.

When she had called out the two names the male had turned wide eyes to gaze at her before his ears flicked back against his skull reading the signs the woman asked, "What?" she wasn't rude, but the look he gave her was like he'd seen a ghost or something. The names she'd called out had either caused a ruckus in his mind or perhaps just the sight of her. She didn't know the boy and so she really didn't bother with pushing him further yet to find out why she'd been graced with such expressions.

Standing there on the beach she glanced from the male to the half drown woman, realizing as she spoke that she wasn't Skylar either. Now graced with a name and having walked in on the telling of how she'd ended up upon the beach Firefly noted the condition the woman was in. Turning towards Svara she helped the male along with the promise he'd given the lady on help. "She's a healer.." she said as she gave Svara a look, knowing the girl wouldn't see it but hoping that she'd play nicely for the moment.

She glanced over at the male, a soft smirk upon her lips as the woman asked him if he'd been drinking rum. She didn't care what his reason for drinking was but it was amusing that the blind woman had pointed out his fault. She didn't say anything but the amusement in her eyes had to be enough. She forgot for the moment the look he'd given her as he finally gave in and introduced herself. "I'm Firefly.." the once heavy Irish lilt had softened over the time she'd lived here, though DaVinci's was still strong she had come to accept that one day the accent might just disappear forever.

"How many were onboard..." she asked softly, remembering so long ago when she was a young thing on the ships.
ooc: I tried to minimize any info about Jacquez until Miyu gets him approved. I'm working on the back story between Ruri and Jacquez with Miyu. I'm not sure why I'm saying this, but I just felt the need I guess ^^
Word Count: 391
[html]

Ruri was slightly bewildered by all the individuals speaking to her at once, but she managed to formulate responses to all of their various inquiries and offers. Turning in the general direction of Svara's voice she nodded and answered her inquiry about her blindness. "Y-yes, I am blind. I've been this way since I was born," she revealed, her voice shaky as she did her best to stop crying so that she could speak clearly again, but it was difficult as she was still very upset.

Still hugging her knees to her body, in her curled up position, the adolescent turned toward the male who had first arrived to offer his assistance. He had just offered to help her find her friends. Despite her distress over her current situation she managed a thankful smile. "Thank you..." her shaky voice trailed off as she could think of nothing better to say to thank him. Her sensitive ears then detected the embarrassment in his tone of voice as he revealed that he was drinking rum. "Y-you don't need to be embarrassed," she replied, her kind nature feeling the need to ease his personal discomfort over admitting something that she personally didn't consider to be shameful. Lots of her friends drank rum. She'd grown accustomed to the smell and the occasional unpleasant effects it had on them.

Turning once again, Ruri did her best to direct her pale blue eyes towards the female that had indirectly asked her her name. When she introduced her friend as a healer, a sigh of relief left her mouth, hoping that her friend would be able to help ease the discomfort coming from her cuts. However, when the female introduced herself as Firefly, Ruri's half-folded ears perked in interest. "D-did you say Firefly?" She asked, not really waiting for an answer. "I...I know you. Well...actually...I know someone who knows you. Do you perchance remember a someone named Jacquez Trouillefou?" She asked, revealing the name of her close friend and the leader of their sea-faring group. She had a long history with Jacquez and had only ever been separated from him for very brief areas of time. He was the person that she wanted to find the most. He had been the one who had saved her from drowning when their ship had capsized. She had to find him. She thought for a moment about Firefly's other question. How many people were on board? She didn't know the exact number, but she guessed it had to be at least ten individuals. After all there ship was fairly spacious and needed several sets of hands to be kept running smoothly. "I-I'm afraid I don't know the exact number, but at least ten people were on board." She hadn't known everyone on the ship, since some of the usual crew had not gone on this particular voyage and they had hired some temporary replacements. [/html]

[html]

Sighing as she listened to the girl she walked towards the female and kneeled down beside her without saying much. She really didn't feel like saying much. What could she do? Getting mad at the blind she wolf was just stupid, so she would hold her anger in for another poor soul. Setting the basket down the young fool was lucky that she had some Beech on her. Svara pulled the leaves and bark out of the basket, identifying them by smell. She didn't speak to the girl as she found a large shell not from from her leg and a rock.

Grinding the plant into the shell she listened to them talk while she did the process. The girl would have the added bonus of smelling very good for as long as the salve was put on her body. Wipping the sand from the girls coat and out of her small wounds. Even the simplest wound could turn into an infection, that was what most people didn't get. She listened to the story of ship wreck and being lost. Svara was more interested in listening then actually talking. Once the leaves had been ground she looked to the male closest to her. "Don't be useless come here and tell me where her wounds are, they are to small for me to see." Svara's words were harsh and commanding, wanting the drunk to get his ass over here and be useful.

[/html]
[html]
300+

As the one woman noticed his staring he immediately felt bad. He had been raised better than to react in such a way. Oh how far he had fallen. He truly understood now why knowledge was dangerous. "I, uh, s-sorry. I just, know DaVinci..." He never used to get so tongue tied either. One on one he hadn't noticed all his behavioral changes, but now that he was surrounded by three women he certainly did. It was salt in his fresh wounds and he hated himself all the more for it. Once he had dreams of being a knight. He had been Crimson Dreams' prince. Now he was just a drunken dolt. Bastard son of a rapist.

Relief however did was over him as she stated the scarred female was a healer. Good. He wouldn't have to worry about taking Ruri to his mother then. That would have been awful. He didn't know if he'd ever be able to look at his mother again and not feel awful, much less so soon after he had learned the ugly truth of his birth. "You're in luck then." He said with a crooked half smile down at the steel lady, even though he knew she couldn't see it. Even though she said he didn't need to be embarrassed he was. Now he was constantly embarrassed and ashamed of himself and that only magnified in the company of others. "I'm Haven..." His own name even felt hollow in his ears.

Bi-colored ears twitched as Ruri explained how she knew of Firefly. Soon he was snapped back by harsh words from the healer. Once again his ears plastered themselves against his skull. "O-oh, okay...s-sorry..." Somewhat unsteadily he rose and moved to the other side of the shipwrecked girl. Haven knelt down beside the gruff female and gently lead her hand to the various cuts and scrapes that riddled Ruri's form. What a pathetic wretch he had become.

[/html]
Firefly almost felt like she was getting some sort of workout the way she had to turn back and forth to look at who was talking and to make certain she knew what was going on. She knew that she should have just stared off into the sea and listened to them all chatter away but even though her temper was short she felt like she'd really let go of a lot of things that were keeping her tied down when she'd been thrown from her old packlands. It had all been a laughing joke and though she missed her children so the life of a loner wasn't anything they needed to be subject to right now.

She'd flicked her eyes to the the forms of Haven and Ruri as Haven apologized for how she'd snapped at him. She just shook her head at his words and smirked. "DaVi's my brother.." she said as she studied the male. She wasn't for sure if she knew him but he did remind her of someone she'd met once, someone she probably wouldn't like to meet again. She closed her eyes and tried to rid the memories from her mind as she exhaled slowly. "Anyways.." she murmured as she turned her attention to the woman who was speaking up finally after the shock of it all.

The lady had tried to confirm her name and Firefly caught herself before she nodded in confirmation. The woman went on to say how she knew Firefly and the young girl's ears pinned back in confusion. She had no clue who the stranger was and was about to say so until the lady mad everything a little bit clearer. A little too clear. She couldn't helpp but laugh out loud as the name brought the whole thing into focus. Jacquez?" she said as she tried to catch her breath. "Jac was aboard ship when DaVinci and I sailed.." She flicked her eyes back to Haven and smiled. "Jac managed to convince DaVinci to stay.." She had been so angry at their pirate friend when DaVinci decided to remain out to sea when he'd ushered her and Magdalena back to the lands they'd been born.

She shook her head and sighed. "Was Jac.. onboard too?" she asked as the woman informed her of a rough guess of the number of folks onboard the ship. She wondered if any of them had been thrown onshore close by or if the current had carried them further down the coast. She glanced out towards the now calm ocean as she said softly. "We'll find them.." She did so hope that they would, she'd missed Jac and hi antics.

She was quiet a moment as she watched Svara shuffle in and start attending to wounds. When she snapped at Haven she flicked one ear back and offered him an apologetic smile. "She means well.." she said as she rolled her eyes at the blind yearling. "Sometimes she forgets that she's in public though.." she said sarcastically as she watched them tending to Ruri, who obviously knew a lot more about her than she probably hoped.
[html]
500+

The blind female was quite relieved when Haven began to help the healer woman find her wounds. The numerous cuts and abrasions that littered her form would hopefully feel a little better soon. The wounds were spread fairly evenly over her whole body, but most of the openly visible cuts were on her torso and her legs. At least, that was where she felt the most pain. Whatever the healer was grinding up smelled quite pleasant to the slate and white girl. She was glad that the concoction smelled good and not bad. Even though she had more important things to worry about, she had hoped to not have to walk live with an unpleasant odor spread all over her body. Her half-folded ears folded back as the gruff female ordered Haven around so harshly. She didn't need to be so mean to him did she?

Fortunately the distressed optime didn't have much time to dwell on the topic as Firefly answered her earlier inquiry. She did know Jacquez! She then heard her ask if he was on board and Ruri was again thrown back into her sadness. "Y-yes, he was on-board. I was with him the entire time, until the disaster started," she covered her ears as if trying to block out sounds that weren't really there. However, she could hear the crew's cries of panic and fear in her mind just as if she was re-living the entire experience all over again. She remembered hearing Jacquez shouting to everyone to abandon ship, then she was in the water. She shook her head as she remembered trying to swim, which she knew how to do, but not being able to discern which direction was up in the churning sea. Then Jac pulled her up and told her to hold on to something. Her hands quivered as she snapped herself out of her blind nightmare as Firefly reassured her that they would find them, just like Haven had a few moments ago. Her tears, though still trickling down her cheeks, were gradually slowing in their frequency as she managed to regain her composure once more. She didn't feel so lonely now that she had these people here. Haven was being nice to her and now Firefly. This wasn't so bad, even though she was still incredibly worried about Jacquez and the rest of her friends. Sniffling, the dog hybrid brushed her slowly drying hair off of her face. The cold, wet feeling that had overtaken her body was quickly disappearing thanks to the warm sun. The mixture of emotions that she was feeling left her speechless. The trauma of her previous situation combined with the gradually increasing hope of her current one was bewildering to the female. “You’re all being so nice to me,” she stammered, “I don’t know how I’ll ever repay you The fragile adolescent managed her first full smile as she said this. “I’m afraid I’m not very good at much, but I’ll find some way to pay you all back.” She nodded weakly to add emphasis to her promise. Hopefully she would be able to do something for these people, instead of just being a burden on them.[/html]

[html]

The boy won points when he came over and put her hand on the variouss wounds the girl had. Svara was sure to apply a good amount of the salve to the girls cuts and scraps. The smell of the flower waft to and around her, making the healer almost grin. Once the job was finished she pulled her arm quickly out of the boys grip, not really liking him touching her to begin with. The blind girl should be thankful that Svara sympathized with her knowing the difficulty of being blind.

She listened to them at times and didn't at others. Firefly spoke of a man named Jacquez and Svara was sure she heard affection in the women's voice. Although Svara didn't seem it she was observent and was able to watch for clues in things, only her inablity to shut up got her in trouble. Though it had seemed easier now that Dahlia was behind her.

The words directed at her made her laugh slightly. "No I don't have any eyes to remind me I'm surrounded by ugly faces." Her husky voice said with dry humor. "But then who needs eyes when they got ears to listen to your lovely voice Firefly?" Svara teased her. Taking two compressed pills from the basket Svara popped them like candy and swallowed. It kept the head ache away and allowed her to use her one good eye with out the distraction of pain. The girls words made Svara snort. "So firefly I bet your wanting to take the whelp back to my house aren't you?" The healer stood and leaned on her staff arrogantly

She really didn't mind taking the blind squirt if Firefly wanted to. The cabin was home to not just her, but Leroy and the ex-acer. Taking her attention back to the girl Svara thought about the accident she had spoke about. "Your gonna need rest and some other medicine, no doubt you swallowed enough sea water to poison you." the red female said with no enthusiasum. The wind shifted and blew her growing hair around, it no long was down but held in a high pony tail at all times to keep it from her already pain in the ass eyes. Remembering the boy she sneered. "Are you still here boy? Haven isn't it......." The question was retoriqual.

[/html]
[html]

Haven just scratched his head at Firefly's response that she and DaVinci were siblings. That made him even more nervous. Even though he had never met the woman before, it meant that she knew more of his family than just his uncle. "I see. We're uh...friends..." he lied. The last thing he wanted for his uncle to know what pit he had fallen into. While he was better now than he sometimes was, it wasn't much better. Besides, no doubt DaVinci would feel obligated to tell his mother and that was the last he wanted. He was hiding to protect her. To protect all the ones he loved. If his family started pounding on the door he didn't know if he would have the resolve to refuse them.

The youth helped the healer attend to Ruri's injuries while the washed up woman and Firefly talked about their mutual connections. So this girl was friends with one of the men on the ship that DaVinci had stayed on for a time? If he had been his normal self he would have been interested to ask a few questions of his own. However he was far from the normal Haven, so he kept his mouth shut and just continued to help. He looked up at Firefly with a half grin as she apologized for her friend, but that soon was wiped from his face as the girl ripped her hand from his. He swallowed and put his hand in his lap. The females continued to exchange words and he felt lost in the buzz.

At more rough words from the scarred femme he cringed and got to his feet. He was already uncomfortable and it seemed that he was no longer needed or wanted. A sad look took its place in his jade orbs as he walked back around Ruri and quietly picked up his rum bottle. He gave one last glance back as he started to take steps away from the trio.

[/html]
Firefly waited, listening to the woman speaking as she confirmed what Firefly feared. She knew that Jac was as close to the sea as one could possibly be and that he was probably somewhere lost on down the coast, but the tiny feeling of uneasy at knowing that a friend had been so close and yet disaster had pulled them just out of reach at the last moment. She shook her head slightly and rubbed her hand over her face before quickly pulling it back over her mane as she stared out to sea.

She didn't take much notice of Haven and Svara's little lack of exchange as she listened partly to the words of Haven as he was trying to explain just how he knew her brother. If it had been any other moment in time she would have probably realized that he wasn't exactly telling her the whole truth, but instead she just nodded and agreed with the pumpkin hued male. She had been about to make some silly little reply when Ruri spoke again, seemingly amazed at the generosity of the wolves in these lands.

Her eyes turned back to the blind girl as she smiled, it was a little bit of a bitter grin upon her lips but it was something atleast. Svara and Haven were once more forgotten as she said softly. "Just be lucky you met us with us on a good day.." She normally wasn't a complete bitch unless someone else ticked her off or she was in a mood to play but with all the recent changes in her life she'd sunken back into a more reserved tone of her life. She was tending to emotional wounds that she knew would take time to heal, just as the wounds of the woman before her would need time as well.

She was thinking these thoughts as Svara's dry humor seemed to crack into her mind, echoing and bouncing around inside her skull as she wrinkled her nose at the woman's words and shook her head. "Yes, I can and will always find time to let my lovely tones linger in your ear my dear." she said, the words slightly taunting but within a moment of Svara tending to her own pains the jest was put aside as the real issue came out. She sighed at Svara's words and turned her eyes back to the girl with a lingering look of annoyance, the tone of her voice giving hint to the look that Svara might not catch. "No, I figured we'd leave her here to die." She shook her head slightly and smirked. "Of course we're gonna take her back to the house, if she wants to come with us that is.." She said as she glanced back to Ruri, wondering how the woman felt to be left out of the conversation for the most. "Besides, it would be easier to find her if Jac shows up. I'm sure they'd both want to know the other was fine." she said softly, wondering just what her old friend had been up to all these moons.

She'd nearly forgotten about Haven until she let her eyes roam the beach, noticing that he was turning to go. She sighed, realizing that Svara's snappy tone and sharp words must really be getting to him. She murmured lowly to Svara a moment, "You really need to let off the poor boy you know.." She knew that Svara's ways were probably never going to change but she felt sorry for Haven for a moment in time, she knew what it had felt like to be the outcast in a group when you were use to being know and loved. "Haven, where are you going?" she asked louder, hoping that the boy wasn't going to run off now that Ruri was in the hands of others.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

Ruri listened quietly to the exchange between Firefly and the healer woman. Her half-folded ears perked in curiosity as the gruff female put forth the idea that she should live with them. The woman's next sentence wasn't as pleasant to the fragile girl. Sea water? She had certainly ingested a lot, her sore throat told her that much. However she hadn't known that it could poison her. The blind femme reached her hand down to feel her stomach which had been aching for quite some time now. Perhaps that was a symptom of sea water poisoning? The girl did not know. Fortunately she did not have much time to dwell on the possibilities as Firefly directed a statement towards her. Would she want to stay with them? That wasn't a difficult question for her to answer. After all, one of Jac's goals for voyaging this far north was to find some old friends. Jac hadn't remembered precisely who, but she now guessed that Firefly was one of them as well as her brother it seemed. It did not take long for the slender optime to offer her response. "I would be glad to stay at your home. Thank you," she replied, directing her useless gaze in the direction of the female's voices.

After she responded, Ruri heard the sands shift as Haven stood up. Turning around to focus her senses on him she spoke up again. "Haven? You're not leaving are you?" Her musical, soprano voice questioned with a timid stutter. She didn't want him to have to leave on account of the female's harshness. He had been so kind to her and she hadn't really had the chance to thank him personally yet. The slate and white femme remained sitting on the damp sand of the beach, her limbs still far too sore and weak for her to stand up to speak to the male. He had seemed uncomfortable during the entire conversation, as if he had wanted to run away the entire time, although for what reasons she could not begin to guess. Hopefully he would not continue to drown away whatever sorrows he possessed in rum. That was no way for anyone, especially someone as nice as him, to live.

[/html]
[html]

Svara wasn't all to impressed by the situation. A blind girl, here after a shipwreck with a male that firefly seemed to know. The boy was covered in the scent of rum, and pitifully weak. Giving out a rough sigh she was sure the girl was done externally, of course she knew the female wouldn't like it when the red she wolf purged her stomach of the salty liquid she had swallowed. To much sea water could shut the kidneys down, and cause ulcers in the stomach wall. Some part of her work gave her joy, and that was one of the parts that gave her joy.

Grinning at Firefly Svara continued to lean on her staff arrogantly. The two had come to the conclusion that the blind she wolf would be coming back to the cabin. Svara didn't say anything to that, hoping that Leroy would find other places for them to have sex, cause the cabin was growing crowded for that. It was the change of topic that made Svara sigh deeply. She hadn't really wanted to chase the little dope head off, but if he was so pitiful that he couldn't stand up to a blind she wolf of only 11 months then he had more then her to worry about.

Bug off firefly, I've treated him no different then every one else." The she wolf said with her husky voice. Snorting her eyes narrowed she could see the blurred figure of the retreating male. "Only a coward runs from threatening words." Said the red she wolf as she grabbed her basket. "I don't have time for this. Pip squweek here needs to get back to the cabin so we can get that water out of her stomach.......unless you want me to do it right here." Svara said noncholontly.

[/html]
[html]
If Firefly wants to run after him and talk to him she can, but he's not going to be around Svara anymore XD Unless they need him to carry Ruri to the cabin. He could be persuaded then.

Usually he wouldn't have just walked away. Usually he would have stood up for himself and given the rude girl attitude back. Now he neither had the strength or the energy. His life was bad enough already without someone shitting all over him for no reason. The boy was hard enough on himself, he didn't need reminding. Besides, all he had wanted to do was help Ruri. It seemed that she was in capable (although unpleasant) hands. Being verbally abused when all he was trying to do was help someone was more than he could stomach at the current time.

Though when both Firefly and Ruri called out to him he turned to face the three again. It made him feel at least a little better that it was only that one that seemed to dislike him so. For a second he was about to walk back over, but at the taunting words the wind went out of his sails again. A spark of anger lit in his chest, but only enough for him to give the half-blind bitch a glare and frown that she couldn't see. Haven lifted the bottle to his lips to take another swig of the spiced liquor. "I'm goin' back to the city." He felt he at least owed Firefly a response. The city was a large enough place that he could hide if unwelcome visitors came around.

It stung to leave Ruri. She seemed like a sweet girl and he didn't want her to think that his departure had anything to do with her. He looked sadly at the hybrid girl, even though he knew she couldn't see him.

[/html]
She smiled slightly at the poor girl as she accepted the offer to stay with them for a while. Firefly knew that the house they'd shacked up in had plenty of room for one more and even though it wasn't as private as their own places they could live, for now. "Then it's settled.. let's get you somewhere a little more comfortable.." She didn't know what exactly Svara was thinking but it was beginning to look like they were going to have to claim a place of their own soon enough if they kept collecting wandering souls. Her ears flicked back at the thought as she hoped that Jac was still out there alive. She didn't want to think that he hadn't made it, especially since he'd been so close to the lands. It made her wonder why he'd been here in the first place, but she moved away from the idea as Svara went off again to taunt the young male.

She really hated when she got stuck in these situations. She did not like playing monkey in the middle and she really didn't like being the one in the middle. normally she was the one happily taunting the fool but this young fellow who seemed to know her brother enough to pip interest at his name had let an itch at the back of her mind and cause those pathetic feelings of pity. She sighed and rolled her eyes at Svara as she said softly, "You've got a lot to learn still, you know that?.." a slight twinge of annoyance in her voice. "Wait here..or don't." she said as she moved away from the two women and followed after Haven.

Leaving Svara and Ruri behind she trampsed across the sands after Haven, who seemed to have disappointed Ruri by trying to escape. She growled softly as she placed herself in his path and reached out to grab hold of the arm that held the bottle just incase he decided to push past her. It wouldn't be so easy to cast her aside if she was clinging to the boy, though she really hated having to resort to such an act. "What is wrong with you?" she asked as she shook her head, eying him with disbelief at the fact that he'd just walked away after finding the poor soul there on the beach. "Do you always ditch the girl so quickly after finding out their worth?" she knew she probably shouldn't taunt the boy, seeing how it didn't work so well when Svara had done it but she couldn't believe the kid would just abandon someone he'd just pulled from the reaches of the sea.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ ... 5/ruri.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still waters run deep

ooc: We can end this if you want. This could be the last post, or if y'all want, you can post some more and I'll post the last one after you guys. Whatever work's for you all.

Ruri's half-folded ears perked and she smiled thankfully as she heard Firefly's voice once again. It would be nice to get off this beach, and maybe get something to wear. She didn't always wear clothes when she was on the ship, but occasionally she would wear a thread-bare, long-sleeved, sweater when the weather was cold on the ship. Jacquez had given it to her the day she learned to shift. Unfortunately it had been in their cabin when they had abandoned ship. It would have been nice to have right now to keep warm. Even though her slate and white pelt was almost dry, the ocean breeze still chilled her to the skin. Her fur wasn't as thick as a normal wolf's coat, let alone a wolf from up north. Her combination dog and wolf fur was accustomed to warmer climates. She was still puzzled as to why Jac had had them sail to this cold place when the weather had been so warm back home. Oh well, even she couldn't figure him out sometimes.

The short female was snapped back to reality by an increase in the aching pain in her stomach. She groaned and rolled onto her knees, supporting herself with her sore fore-arms. Then, her sides heaving, she regurgitated a profuse amount of salt water. The reflexive heaving in her sides ceased after a few short minutes, leaving her groaning again. The bitter, salty taste of bile and salt water filled her mouth, threatening to make her vomit once more. "Th-that...didn't feel good," she groaned weakly before slowly pushing herself up onto her shaky legs. Despite the protests of her sore muscles, the fragile she-wolf managed to stand all the way up, her legs quivering beneath her. Her arms wrapped around her midsection as if trying to soothe the remainder of the aching pain emanating from it. At least now she had most of the sea water out. The blind girl quietly stood in place, hoping that the two women would take her to their house soon. She turned in the direction of Firefly and Haven, her ears perked up as the sounds of their conversation reached her keen ears. However, even with her excellent hearing, she could not hear them. The ocean breeze had picked up to a steady wind, blocking everything but the jumbled sounds of their voices and blow drying her long, straight hair. She had to reach up with one hand and keep her long, damp bangs from blowing into her face. Even though she was blind, she still didn't like the feeling of hair in her face.

[/html]