Myself, My Keeper
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She and Pilot had found their own little corner of the large, family den...but it wasn't anything like what she was used to. It was strange listening to the sounds of the others getting up and moving around. She had lived with others before, more than just Pilot, of course...but it was all new again. She'd have to get used to it. Dierdre wondered if Phoenix would be angry that she and Pilot wanted to find a place to stay outside the bigger den. She would come in all the time and lay down, and take naps and things like that in the cave...she just wanted to sleep with Pilot and Pilot when night came.

It wasn't that they actually did anything--she was just used to the sounds of Pilot, and not the rest of the pack. Surely Phoenix could understand that? She had been thinking about what Phoenix had said about she and Pilot having pups of their own, and how he had hoped that they would someday...but she wasn't sure. There were already youngsters running around Storm that didn't have a mother, her brothers and sisters. How could more of them help the situation? Except that these pups would have both a mother and a father.

She thought this over as she walked along the snow, her mismatched eyes focusing only on the ground in front of her. She wasn't taking note of much, so when the smell of blood hit her nose she raised her head sharply, surprised. It wasn't...wolf blood, no. That was a good thing. She started toward the scene, soon coming upon the young girl and her rabbit. Dierdre had seen the little white wolf at the pack meeting, and had wondered if she was new. Now was her chance to see. "My, that's quite a catch--you're much better at hunting than I was at your age"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread