Myself, My Keeper
[html]
She had lost her den when natural disaster struck but had gained another after the pack had gathered together after the rescue of one smaller than herself. But that place was only temporary. She would still have to find her own again for after the snow melted. She decided to go ahead and look for such a place, or at least begin doing so. It wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out at least. She had to eventually figure what she was going to do once they all seperated ways in the spring and the pack den become abandoned. If it even became abandoned. Still, a back up plan was always useful.

Though right now it wasn't the den that she was after. Instead she was widening out a burrow in order to pull the rabbit from it for lunch. Claws scraped against the ground, digging at the icy earth. It took a little bit longer than usual but she managed it well enough. Jaws eventually wrapped around the neck of the small prey item and squeezed the life from it. With the lifeless form in her mouth the quadraped moved a small distance away in order to settle beneath the tree in order to enjoy her meal.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She and Pilot had found their own little corner of the large, family den...but it wasn't anything like what she was used to. It was strange listening to the sounds of the others getting up and moving around. She had lived with others before, more than just Pilot, of course...but it was all new again. She'd have to get used to it. Dierdre wondered if Phoenix would be angry that she and Pilot wanted to find a place to stay outside the bigger den. She would come in all the time and lay down, and take naps and things like that in the cave...she just wanted to sleep with Pilot and Pilot when night came.

It wasn't that they actually did anything--she was just used to the sounds of Pilot, and not the rest of the pack. Surely Phoenix could understand that? She had been thinking about what Phoenix had said about she and Pilot having pups of their own, and how he had hoped that they would someday...but she wasn't sure. There were already youngsters running around Storm that didn't have a mother, her brothers and sisters. How could more of them help the situation? Except that these pups would have both a mother and a father.

She thought this over as she walked along the snow, her mismatched eyes focusing only on the ground in front of her. She wasn't taking note of much, so when the smell of blood hit her nose she raised her head sharply, surprised. It wasn't...wolf blood, no. That was a good thing. She started toward the scene, soon coming upon the young girl and her rabbit. Dierdre had seen the little white wolf at the pack meeting, and had wondered if she was new. Now was her chance to see. "My, that's quite a catch--you're much better at hunting than I was at your age"

[/html]
[html]
The youngster needn't worry about mates nor pups at her age. Maybe in a few more months would she begin to actualyl consider such things. But not right now. Right now she was more concerned with finding her dad. And then there was Misery that she had yet to meet. A mate and the start of her own family were the fartherest things from her mind. She still had to get her mom and dad together before she could worry about trying to become a mom herself. Besides right now she was seen as the cute and adorable yet oh so bubbly thing that she was. Attractiveness didn't play anything into that. So while sleeping in the pack den she was usually hudded alone. Not by her own choice but it seemed the wolves in Storm stuck to their own pre-established grouping. Something that she couldn't quite slip in among. She wasn't old enough to be considered an adult and yet not young enough so that it wouldn't seem strange for her to snuggling up to any close source of body heat. So because of this inbetween age the lass curled herself in the middle of the pack and yet occupied her own space.

She had just been about to rip into the animal when she was spoken to. Pale eyes looked up to the one whom had voiced the words. Bright smile worked over her lips at the compliment, tail thumping against the ground to show her happiness. Ignoring the growl of her stomach the young female nudged the carcass over to the other white wolfess. "Here... I can get another." There was only minimual damage done to the rabbit, just the single bitemark around the neck where she squeezed it and suffocated the tiny animal. Maestery would tell her how her mom had made hunting an art. How she was able to bring down prey without having to completely molest the morsel's flesh. That had spurred the youth to practice to do the same. She wanted to impress her mom once her mom got better. While she hadn't gotten the shift under control to be able to show that off she had taken right to hunting. She figured that she could make her mom proud that way at least.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

If someone had told her in the past that she would find that special somebody, that she'd want to settle down...she wouldn't have believed them. Dierdre had been a bit of a rebel when she had been younger, and had relied on others to get what she needed. Her mother had been absent for pieces of her childhood, with her suicide attempts and love affairs...it had affected her. But now that Pilot was in her life, Dierdre had changed a lot. For the better.

"No, no, it's fine! I don't really eat hare. If you ever want to learn how to fish, though, I'm your girl! Ice fishing is the best." She wasn't sure what Selene's circumstances were, why she was here. "I saw you at the pack meeting, and I was gonna try and talk to you there...but I ended up getting distracted" She explained, her tail waving back and forth in a friendly manner. "I'm Dierdre--Phoenix is my adopted father"

[/html]
[html]
Selene was a good girl. She did as was expected of her. She tried her best not to step out of line. She was friendly and open. Basically she was the exact opposite of her mother. But then again it was circumstances that influenced the wolf. The young girl had an easier life than her mother. She knew her family loved her. Even her dad, no matter that she had never met him before. She belonged to him and so he had to love her. It was just the way that things worked. Because she loved him without ever having met him he had to love her in return. But then that was the musings of her young mind. Her bright aura didn't allow dark spots to diminish the glow. Another wolf had tried and Selene's unyeilding innoncence wouldn't allow for it.

The rabbit was drawn back towards herself since the offering wasn't wanted. She refrained from eating despite the grumbling of her stomach. It simply wasn't polite to eat in front of company, especially since the other had nothing of her own to slack hunger. "I don't really like the water. Can't swim." And because of that she tended to stay away from the water. With fish living in the water she couldn't really get to them because of her aversion. Things on land she dealt with better because of her familiarity.

Ah yes, the meeting. There had been a number of wolves there. She didn't really know any of them. Still she finally got to see just how large the pack really was. She would eventually have to meet them all. That had already settled in her mind. Though her main concern was finding family ties at the moment. Even so she didn't let such things get her down. "I'm Selene. My Dad doesn't live in the area any longer." Despite the disheartening words she still had a bright smile on her face. She had come to realize that she wouldn't find her father in these parts any longer. But there was still a wolf she had yet to meet. A Misery. Maybe Misery would know where he dad went considering no one else did. All she could find out was that he was no longer around but there were no hints as to where he went or when or how long he planned on staying.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

She had been sick for a while, that much was true, and she was a little rusty at talking to people now. Dierdre attemped what she thought to be a very encouraging smile...but she could never be sure. Maybe Selene would think she was daft. She had some experience with very young pups, like her siblings, but she didn't know what to do around an adolescent. It was more in her nature to treat an adolescent like an adult, especially one that was away from her parents. Dierdre had gone without her mother and father for a while in her puppyhood, and knew how tough that could be, emotionally.

"Maybe I know him? Or knew him? Did he live in Storm?"That must have been why Selene had joined Storm, to hear news about her father. Storm was the best pack for young ones to join; there was a huge tribe of pups already, and one more would just add more to their growing family.

[/html]
[html]
If Diedre was off kilter Selene wouldn't notice. But then thigns such as that simply didn't cross her mind. After all she had witnessed insanity in full bloom with her own mother. Not that she had figured that is what was going on. She was quite oblivious to matters such as that. She just didn't seem to understand such matters even if someone thought to explain it to her. She was much too positive for any of that. She had a habit of frustrating others, though not purposely, because she couldn't be corrupted.

"I don't know exactly. I've never met him. My mom would just mention him and a place called Chimera. Pheonix says that Chimera doesn't exist any longer." Such was the only place she had ever heard mentioned with her father. She didn't know of any other place that her father might have lived. She had no clue where he was now. No one seemed to know where her father was. For all she knew he could even be dead. But so far she hadn't heard such tales and she wasn't about to assume them either.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

Dierdre usually got along better with males than females; she was surprised at this....that she was enjoying talking to Selene. She liked to be of help whenever she could, and if she could help the littler girl even a bit, it would make her feel more accomplished. Like she was more useful. "I lived there once, a really long time ago...more than a year ago. I had an adopted father there that took care of me for a few months--Physe. He lived in Chimera with his mate, until the better part of the pack left. Then everything just sort of...fell apart. I think his mate's name was something with an R. Ronan? Romney? I'm not sure. But that's pretty much all I know about Chimera. After that my mother sort of...went crazy, and I left for a while."

"What's your mother like?"

[/html]
[html]
Selene found it easy enough to get along with others. But then that was just her outlook. She found a friend in everyone even if the other party didn't reciprocate the feelings. So far there didn't seem to be anything to deter her from her thoughts or feelings. Perhaps it was just the naivety of youth. Perhaps she would end up growing out of it on her own. So far that didn't seem like a possibility. But that was okya. She was enjoying her time as she was now.

"Mom always called my Dad Rom. Mr. Poer said my Dad's name is Roman." Not that she knew her dad had some other mate. Physe's mate could be someone different from her Dad. After all the female had spoken of a different name from the one of her father. But still... What if her Dad had been Physe's mate? Would that be why she had never met him? That her Father was with someone else? Still she didn't think that she would be abandoned like that. No, her Dad just didn't know about her.

"She is sick." That was the only way she knew to describe her Mother. She had been sick for awhile now. It was hard to tell if she was getting worse or better. She had her up days where she seemed to remember a few more things but it never lasted. All she knew of her Mother was that she was sick. That and some other things that Maestery had told her.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself
Maybe they could hunt together?

Maybe that was something they could connect over; their mothers' strange behaviours. Dierdre's mother had depressed fits, with suicide attempts and anxiety attacks. Maybe that was what had made Dierdre the way she was--suspicious, untrusting, and not-quite-friendly. At least, to most. With Selene things were easier. It was like talking to a girl version of Pilot, almost.

"Roman was Physe's mate. He's your father? I don't really know a lot about their history-I guess he must have split up with Physe. Too bad the old guy isn't around any more, or you could ask him. You might try asking Naniko, though...she knows pretty much everything about Chimera and all the stuff that went on there." She nodded. "And I'm sorry to hear about your mother. She's okay, though? Mine lives in Jaded Shadows right now"
[/html]
[html]
Sure, can do that. Mom is done from England and forcing me to go off.

Her mom had fevered dreams and little of what she said made sense any longer. She would talk to those that weren't there and talk of times that seemed to be long past. But there were days that she appeared better than others. Days that she would appear almost sane. But then it would decline quickly after that. She would become a shell of what she had formerly been and take to sleeping longer and longer though she was never silent any longer.

"She spends alot of time sleeping and talking in her sleep. She talks to people who aren't there and about things that aren't happening. She lives in Taceli." She didnt really know if her mom was okay any longer or not. She only knew what was going on when she had left. It had been a good little bit since she had left. A couple months or so. Plenty could have changed in that time. But she certainly hoped not.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

She had never heard of the place of which Selene spoke. "I have to admit--that name's new to me. I've lived in Bleeding Souls for most of my life, in Storm, Syemv, and Chimera. I didn't really stay in Chimera for long enough to be called a pack member...Physe just took care of me while my mother was gone. He tried, anyway. I was pretty stubborn--I kept insisting that I had go and find her. I know exactly how you feel, with finding your dad. I'm glad that your mom is okay, though" She offered the girl a smile. "If you need a place to stay, me and Pilot wouldn't mind the company. We have an extra room connected to the side of ours; our den wasn't taken by the avalanche"
[/html]