Alone amidst the waves
[html]
500+

The blind female was quite relieved when Haven began to help the healer woman find her wounds. The numerous cuts and abrasions that littered her form would hopefully feel a little better soon. The wounds were spread fairly evenly over her whole body, but most of the openly visible cuts were on her torso and her legs. At least, that was where she felt the most pain. Whatever the healer was grinding up smelled quite pleasant to the slate and white girl. She was glad that the concoction smelled good and not bad. Even though she had more important things to worry about, she had hoped to not have to walk live with an unpleasant odor spread all over her body. Her half-folded ears folded back as the gruff female ordered Haven around so harshly. She didn't need to be so mean to him did she?

Fortunately the distressed optime didn't have much time to dwell on the topic as Firefly answered her earlier inquiry. She did know Jacquez! She then heard her ask if he was on board and Ruri was again thrown back into her sadness. "Y-yes, he was on-board. I was with him the entire time, until the disaster started," she covered her ears as if trying to block out sounds that weren't really there. However, she could hear the crew's cries of panic and fear in her mind just as if she was re-living the entire experience all over again. She remembered hearing Jacquez shouting to everyone to abandon ship, then she was in the water. She shook her head as she remembered trying to swim, which she knew how to do, but not being able to discern which direction was up in the churning sea. Then Jac pulled her up and told her to hold on to something. Her hands quivered as she snapped herself out of her blind nightmare as Firefly reassured her that they would find them, just like Haven had a few moments ago. Her tears, though still trickling down her cheeks, were gradually slowing in their frequency as she managed to regain her composure once more. She didn't feel so lonely now that she had these people here. Haven was being nice to her and now Firefly. This wasn't so bad, even though she was still incredibly worried about Jacquez and the rest of her friends. Sniffling, the dog hybrid brushed her slowly drying hair off of her face. The cold, wet feeling that had overtaken her body was quickly disappearing thanks to the warm sun. The mixture of emotions that she was feeling left her speechless. The trauma of her previous situation combined with the gradually increasing hope of her current one was bewildering to the female. “You’re all being so nice to me,” she stammered, “I don’t know how I’ll ever repay you The fragile adolescent managed her first full smile as she said this. “I’m afraid I’m not very good at much, but I’ll find some way to pay you all back.” She nodded weakly to add emphasis to her promise. Hopefully she would be able to do something for these people, instead of just being a burden on them.[/html]

Messages In This Thread