The Road and the Damned
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He had never gone out with the intention of doing things before his siblings. Brooklyn was the one with the competitive streak, not him. He just went out to do what he wanted, never with the intention of excluding anyone or making them feel left behind. Maybe he had though, even if it was unintentional. He had just always thought that Mati was more comfortable at home. After all, he never wanted to put her in a situation that she was uncomfortable in. He had thought that roaming around like that would have made her uncomfortable. So he had just gone out and done his own thing when he left home. Perhaps now that they were older he should include her more.

For once it was Mati reassuring him, and he didn't mind the switch. Haven always wanted to be her protector, but that didn't mean that she couldn't be there for him as well. His head nodded at her response, taking in the words. She was probably right. If she was still interested in asking people about him than she at least didn't hate him. Maybe it all had been a misunderstanding after all. Maybe she had just been nervous and surprised as his sister said. "Yeah, you're probably right. I've just been beating myself up over it."

The boy looked up at his sister and gave her a warm smile. "Thanks Mati. I try to be at least." A perfect gentleman might have asked permission before kissing a girl for the first time, but he'd try to be a little easier on himself now. He gave his larger sister and lick on the cheek. All of the D'Angelo siblings were different, but he knew Mati was the one he could always turn to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread