this sky, too, is folding under you
[html]
sorry for the wait! D: 300+

Her understanding and forgiveness were unexpected. He had become such a pessimist and so self deprecating that he had come to expect that from those that encountered him. Which honestly was a little odd. Really the only person that had been unduly hard on him had been that red female. Everyone else had been pretty understanding and empathetic to his situation. He couldn't understand why though. The youth probably just thought that he was not deserving of such sympathy. "Yes I do..." he muttered softly. He should have stood up for himself and put her well being before his own comfort. The words they hybrid girl spoke were comforting, but they hit him with a tinge of guilt. He shouldn't need her to fight his battles for him. He never used to be so craven. "It's okay, I shouldn't need anyone else to stand up for me. I never used to..." His head nodded, though she couldn't see it. "Of course." He heard the change in her voice and his concern for her increased again.

Haven knew about nightmares. He had been plagued with them ever since the truth about his father had become known to him. They often involved the man, taunting him, telling him that there was no escaping his heritage, that becoming like him was inevitable. But as she spoke all of his problems seemed to melt away from his mind. The Aatte youth saw tears falling from her sightless eyes and his ears folded back against his head. He scooted closer to where she was seated and reassuringly nudged her arm. "There's nothing you could have done Ruri, and none of that was your fault. If your friend is as strong as he sounds, I'm sure he's fine. You'll find each other." The burnt orange boy shook his head. "You don't have to be sorry, it's better to talk about it."

The sad frown on his mouth deepened as she asked how he was. "I'm..." a wreck? Worthless? Depressed? He didn't want to say anything like that. Ruri had enough on her mind and she seemed like the type that would worry about him if he went into his whole sob story. "I'm...about the same. Hanging in there, I guess..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread