MY next char, and I want your opinion
You don't have to be a doctor to know at least a little about these things; if you want a realistic character, which is what we encourage, you should do a little more research on the aspects that you are fuzzy on, ^=^ And since this mental disorder business is a large part of your character, it's important for you to understand the superficial mechanisms of such disorders in order to realistically portray them through your writing. And overall, a realistic character is more intersting.

But I'm still reluctant about the gun part of the story-- like Marit said, the gun would most likely not work, if at all. Guns are relatively high matinence.... Your character might not even know how to use it if it came across one, so if it were to use a gun you'd probably have to somehow allow your character to learn the uses of it, and I don't think that a simple reading about the gun would suffice; humans even now assume that all other humans know to pull the trigger, but it might not be apparent to a canine reading about it in a book, you know? ^=^;; Maybe a crossbow would make more sense...? I mean, it's a lot bigger and cumbersome than a revolver, but it'd fit more into the reality of 'Souls, I feel, and it's a weapon that could be duplicated, since it's related to a bow.

Messages In This Thread