you wore them down
[html]

She still retained her suspicious that they were accusing her, making up stories about her to justify themselves. They'd done it before, after all. The wheat eyes studied the white child and she almost felt a stirring of affection for the ballsy child. This one had a backbone, unlike the gutless adults of this pack. Why, it was a little familiar, like she had once been, although she couldn't say for sure. Her childhood was confused and tangled in her memories. "I bet you are, " she murmured, switching to her favorite tongue completely.

It was indeed the relation of that other girl, and she seemed just tickled pink that she didn't have to speak English anymore. She smirked down at the girl, inclining her head slightly. "There are few of us, I suppose." The lady listened to the little one's words, leaning closer slightly. A mean German-speaker? If she had known it was Firefly, Sabeen might have felt a bit more vindictive. As it was, however, she shrugged lightly. "I wonder why she didn't snatch you right up, then. Did you fight her off?" She suggested this coyly, winking at the child. "Oh! My name is Beate. Tell me, what's yours? Do you live with Cercelee?" She used the same name she had given Catharsis. Again she let the words roll off companionably, intent to corrupt the child in some small way, without the child realizing it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread