you wore them down
[html]

She was still by Dahlia's borders once having left the little black child behind. Sabeen knew she should be moving, leaving, but still she lingered curiously, only moving a little farther away, lest the white female descend on her. For some reason fear marked her face. Was she truly afraid of the consequences of being caught? She wasn't trespassing, but somehow, the proximity would be enough to warrant her death. She had told Vendetta she wasn't afraid to die. Had she been lying?

These thoughts lead her nowhere. Four legged, the form she inhabited mostly these days, trying to abandon her roots, she stood, not moving. You're better than them, she reminded herself. You surpass them. She thought again of the child. Hopefully her words would have some impact. She wanted the pack exposed for what it truly was: a pack of lying, murderous traitors, all eating their own tails.

[/html]
[html]

The ivory pup could have thought herself as absolutely preposterous to be wandering back to the borders when there was apparent news of a monster puppy eater, and the not so formal and smooth meeting with Firefly that happened not too long ago. Such things should have terrorized and set any pup straight from venturing too far from the boundaries of where it was a secure zone, but Catalyst was obviously too arrogant and ignorant for her own good. Even while the whole Firefly incident was one that did leave her fearful of who else would be marking the borders with their disgusting piss and saying all these obscenities about the pack as a whole, still, it was the fact that Catalyst was mainly out here for the search of that monster puppy eater that attacked her sister Avarice. Perhaps other siblings might have been struck cold with fear in their hearts for it, but Catalyst, for her size and age, was actually getting up off her tail, and out of the play yard to do something about what happened. Attack her sister, let alone anyone else of her direct blood? You're basically barking up her tree as well, period.

This wasn't to say she wouldn't do the same honorable mention for her guardians, but they were something else to think about, perhaps think about twice. Not only could they obviously handle themselves at this point, Catalyst wasn't directly related to them, and even while she was slowly but surely growing to their presence and personality, still, they were completely foreign to her all the while. Individuals who she never met before, knew nothing about, just dropped right into the care of, no matter if Cercelee might have been somehow related to their mother or not. Cercelee wasn't her mother, wasn't of her direct blood. Cercelee had been nothing but good to the pups so far, but still... blood was certainly thicker than water, and trust issues at this point were beginning to evolve in Catalyst.

She thought she had wandered far enough until a large, russet hued form was spotted in the distance. Another border dweller, it seemed. Feeling the adrenaline begin to surge through her veins, similar to last time, Catalyst mustered up her courage to approach the adult and started to make a beeline toward their way. Upon arriving close enough, Catalyst certainly kept her distance comfortable enough just in case she had to bolt, and at least she could get a running head start (it wouldn't matter anyway, but it comforted her all the while). Getting better detail of this adult, she noticed the fine scar along her muzzle, an intimidating trait. "Are you the puppy eater tha' attacked my sister?" Was her greeting, said defiantly and serious, her dual hued eyes studying the large female closely.

[/html]
[html]

Unsurprisingly, she was approached. The female tensed, expecting to find the teeth of Haku or Cercelee tearing her down, but she wasn't so lucky. It was another child, this one white with mismatched eyes of grey and blue. The child carried the same scent as the black girl and Sabeen smirked, lowering herself slightly to be on eye-level. "That's a dangerous question to ask, no?" She hummed, her voice again lacking it's usual meanness when she spoke to the puppy. "After all, if I were, in fact, said puppy-eater, wouldn't you be making it easy for me to snatch you right up?" Of course Sabeen was no puppy eater (at least, not now, perhaps a year ago). A thought occurred to her, then. The black child had spoken German, and so surely this one would too.

"I think I met your sister, little one. She was black with one red, one yellow eye." The German rolled easily off her scarred lips. For a moment she wondered if she was, in fact, the puppy-eater. After all, Dahlia held no love for her. Perhaps they had told the children that she ate puppies to keep them from talking to her. If that was the case, it seemed to have had the opposite effect on this child.

[/html]
[html]

Hover over text for translation. 506

Catalyst was expecting this lone border dweller to be ferocious, striking fear in her as Firefly did previously with her snide words and an even more intimidating figure. This adult looked like she could do a good amount of damage if intended, but what was to come as a reply to her would be surprising to the young ivory girl. Expecting to be met with sarcastic rudeness or sneering outlandish words, instead, the adult's voice was mutual, conversational. As intimidating she looked, from physique and scar and all, her voice at the moment didn't hold true to the latter. And as the adult questioned how it was indeed dangerous for little Catalyst and her likes to be out here at the borders on her lonesome looking for a puppy eater, it was her arrogance and pride that surged her reply, traits that appeared to be showing too soon for an individual of her age, but it was definitely there. "Yes, but this puppy eater almost ate my sister. I won' allow nobody t' mess with my sister, not even my brothers." She said with a perfectly placed nod, defiance evident in her tone. As far as the adult more than capable of snatching her up and eating her right there, well, she was right with something. "I know. But I got fast feet's, an' 'm tough." Said with a confident grin to match. It was in her mind that she thought such traits would make up for any danger that happened to befall her, but apparently Catalyst had much more to learn and experience about life than she knew.

Suddenly, the young girl wasn't expecting for a perfect lick of German to roll off the tongue of the adult, in which that same puzzlement crossed her visage at the same time Firefly spoke her threatening string of German. At those words, her heart couldn't help but leap at the arteries because of this. Feeling the tremors of a wag in the stub of her tail, it was indeed yet another German speaking individual! Catalyst simply couldn't believe this! Instantly did her dual eyes light up with an entirely different glitter of life. Even more so, it seemed this stranger already met her somewhat twin rival sister, Catharsis at one point. Catalyst was a little upset that Catharsis didn't tell her about this individual yet (in which later she would probably "beat up" up her sister for this), but that was besides the fact. "Ja ist die meine schwester, Catharsis! Ich bin, also froh, sie kann zu hören Deutsch auch sprechen!" She exclaimed, a wide grin stretching the plain of her muzzle. "Es gab jemand anderes, das ich hier auch dieses sprach Deutsch traf, aber sie war, sehr mittel mittler. Sie konnte der welpenesser gewesen sein, ich weiß nicht." Catalyst spoke with fervent intent, also shrugging her little shoulders. Catalyst would be more convinced that Firefly would match a description of a puppy eater than this adult here, but one couldn't be too trusting for sure.

[/html]
[html]

She still retained her suspicious that they were accusing her, making up stories about her to justify themselves. They'd done it before, after all. The wheat eyes studied the white child and she almost felt a stirring of affection for the ballsy child. This one had a backbone, unlike the gutless adults of this pack. Why, it was a little familiar, like she had once been, although she couldn't say for sure. Her childhood was confused and tangled in her memories. "I bet you are, " she murmured, switching to her favorite tongue completely.

It was indeed the relation of that other girl, and she seemed just tickled pink that she didn't have to speak English anymore. She smirked down at the girl, inclining her head slightly. "There are few of us, I suppose." The lady listened to the little one's words, leaning closer slightly. A mean German-speaker? If she had known it was Firefly, Sabeen might have felt a bit more vindictive. As it was, however, she shrugged lightly. "I wonder why she didn't snatch you right up, then. Did you fight her off?" She suggested this coyly, winking at the child. "Oh! My name is Beate. Tell me, what's yours? Do you live with Cercelee?" She used the same name she had given Catharsis. Again she let the words roll off companionably, intent to corrupt the child in some small way, without the child realizing it.

[/html]
[html]

Receiving a compliment from the large female, it seemed this one was way nicer by far than her encounter with Firefly the last time. Probably the biggest fault of a puppy was that trust was obtained all too soon; especially with this adult, who spoke German just like Catalyst did, that of course was the easiest way to gain trust from Catalyst, seeing as how she was thrust in a world where all adults spoke English and nobody knew of her heritage and culture. Her small whip of a tail began to wag mildly behind her, absently, as she looked up at the adult with adoring eyes. There was something about her that Catalyst wanted to know more about: where she came from, where she stayed, why she was here. Most importantly was the question of where she stayed, for Catalyst figured if she spoke German, then maybe where she came from others spoke German too.

With saying how few German speakers there were in this region, the dual eyed girl couldn't help but open up completely to this stranger about it. "Ich weiß. Ich fühle mich also verloren mit jeder, das Englisch spricht. Einige haben bereits sich über meinem Deutsch lustig gemacht. Ein anderer welpe benannte mich und Deutsch dummes." She noted, bringing up the recent incident where Conor Soul attacked her on Whisper Beach because she was foreign and didn't fit in with the rest who resided here. One could tell that situation made her frustrated, as there was a fiery glint in her double hued eyes for a second, but washed away instantly. There was no need to be angry or sad now, for Catalyst finally found someone else who she could relate to linguistically.

Speaking of the mean German interpreter, Catalyst wished she could have fought her off, but twisted it around to make herself seem like she certainly stood up to Firefly, in which she did at the time. "Sie versuchte, mich zu erschrecken, aber ich stand meinen boden. Sie war sonderbar. Feuerhaar und sehr buntes." If there was one thing to remember, the female held a very colorful pelt about her.

Receiving her name as Beate, what was better than putting a name to a face was the fact that she knew Cercelee! Instantly her tail began to wag, and her spirits liven. Not only did Beate speak German, but she knew her guardian too! "Catalyst de Sadira. Und ja! Cercelee ist mein wächter! Wie kennen sie sie?" She exclaimed, wondering how this stranger happened to know her guardian, or maybe it was the fact that Cercelee was quite popular around 'Souls as it was.

[/html]
[html]
apologizes for the wait ):

She could tell her plan was working, the child was melting in her hands. It brought a smirk to her face, one she morphed into a smile for the girl. Sabeen would work to poison the girl's mind against her home, and if it didn't work, it didn't. She was confident, though: she had one thing Cercelee and the husky didn't. She could speak the child's native tongue. As the child opened up, Sabeen lowered herself to the ground completely, sitting as a sphinx would. "That's very sad. I believe German is purer than English, sometimes." She felt a twinge of sympathy for the child, but chased it away. Even though the little spark was growing on her slightly, she couldn't allow for an emotional investment in anything.

Her head snapped up at the description of the 'mean' female. Fire hair and very colorful? Well, surely it couldn't have been- why would she be skulking around the borders? "Tell me-- did this woman have very green eyes?" She asked, her voice taking on an urgent note. Although she harbored no love for Svara or Leroy, she could easily forget them. But the bitch Firefly-- she hated her. She would have thought her above picking on little German girls but apparently not. She focused in on the girl as she introduced herself as Catalyst. Sabeen smiled again. How fitting. And indeed Cercelee was their caretaker. Her expression became graver then as the child asked how she knew the white woman. "I hope she treats you well, better than she treated me." She allowed her voice to trail off, as if she were concealing a dark secret about the woman. Last time she had allowed her fictitious story to fall from her lips lightly, but this time, the child would have to press for it. And Sabeen felt sure she would.

[/html]
[html]

Was barely a wait at all. (: 500+

Catalyst felt good about Beate. The way she explained things, and the manner in which she spoke to her, seemed to be in a melody that was understanding and comforting. Speaking German had to be the biggest aspect, while even though all of her siblings were around to speak their tongue, it certainly and obviously was more difficult to understand and interpret the adults. Hearing how Beate thought German was more preferred in certain ways than English was, it was certainly an enlightening concept to her ears to hear. Beate preferred to speak in German moreso than English too, and that made Catalyst on the inside feel as if she wasn't alone in this strange world here anymore, absent from those who spoke her language. " Es ist hart, zu verstehen, was die Erwachsenen manchmal sagen. Stark zurück zu ihnen sprechen. Ich bin froh, Sie, es getroffen zu haben mich fühle gut, meine Sprache wieder zu sprechen. Ich fühle mich nicht mehr so allein." Catalyst made that fact vocal and true, that with finally residing within Dahlia, at least here on the borders, she could find a significant amount of relation and identification with Beate.

At the inquired description of the adult that was rude to her, the very thought of that thing made Catalyst fussy and riled up (one could tell in her gaze, for a certain sheen of anger glossed over them). Her nose upturned, describing what she could remember from that day. "Feuern Sie das Haar ab, zu bunt und ja, grüne Augen. Trug eine dumme Zeit des Grinsens Hälfte auch. Gedacht war sie so intelligent. Sie sprach, Deutsches auch aber war nicht so nett wie Sie. Ich hasse sie. Ich hoffe, dass sie nicht hier zurückkommt." The puppy expressed her frustration, secretly hoping that the adult did in fact come back at some point while Catalyst was with an adult, or better yet with the pack's warrior, so Cwmfen could beat her to death or something close to it for being so disrespectful to her and the pack lands in general.

Speaking about Cercelee, Catalyst could agree that she has done a wonderful duty and beyond that so far with taking care of the de Sadira litter in the church. Lavishing meals, room to play, having fun adventures with her mate, what more could a puppy ask for? The mention of Cercelee instantly put a gratifying smile upon the ivory girl's maw, as that gesture could conclude that she was slowly but surely gaining more and more trust within the leader. However, her smile happened to falter slightly, and a tilt of her head was given at what Beate said about her. "Was? Sie behandelt uns wirklich gut, wir hat immer Kaninchen für das Mittagessen! Was bedeuten Sie zwar? Sie mag Sie nicht?" She was completely unaware of the events that took place previous to several individuals banished from the pack lands, and her question was certainly the ticket for Beate to spill what had happened, and possibly why Cercelee didn't treat Beate as well as Catalyst and her siblings.

[/html]
[html]
apologizes for the wait ):

How easy children were. It almost made her miss the days of early motherhood, before they were tainted by her ex mate. She had still not recovered much of her memories, therefor still believing the two male children had died naturally. Another easy smile was offered to the child as she spoke. "A young one like you shouldn't feel alone." Sabeen said softly. It seemed a pleasant sentiment, but every word she spoke was carefully chosen to forward her mission in corrupting the child against her home. She wanted to instill into the girl that she was being outcasted by her home, that she shouldn't have to feel such ways, in fact, that she would feel better if she turned against her guardian.

Her own angry gloss came over her eyes as she realized Firefly had been the other woman. For all purposed she might have been upset on behalf of Catalyst, but she was instead recalling her own past. "I know that devil, that Teufel." She repeated the word for emphasis, her eyes slowly fading back into a soft blankness. "She is a very, very bad woman, do not let her approach you again." Thinking only of the child's safety, naturally. "I do not know if she is a puppy eater, but I would not be surprised to learn that she is." For a moment Sabeen simmered, but then relaxed her expression.

"That is good to hear, rabbit every day," Sabeen smiled, a little sadly as if wishing she had been treated the same, but mentally scowled. This was going to be a tad difficult if the child liked her guardian. "Perhaps it was my own fault, but no, she does not like me..." The lady trailed off and glanced away, as if deciding whether the child was trustworthy to share her story with. "You see, I was once a member of Dahlia. But while I was, something terrible-- an accident-- happened, to another pack member. We had not been friends, but I came across her first and tried to help her. She yelled at me and gave me this split lip," she paused to tilt her head slightly, showing off the old scar. "The injured girl accused me, when all I'd done was try to help her. Cercelee sided with her, saying the blood on my coat was evidence! All I'd try to do was help!" Her voice rose slightly, remembering the terrible accusation against her. "I tried to defend myself, explain the truth... but it was no use. Cercelee had turned her back on me. They-" Her eyes had started to water, dramatically. "They- burned my cabin down and exiled me." As if ashamed, she looked away for a moment. Throwing a subtle glance back to the girl, Sabeen spoke once more. "Oh, please don't tell Cercelee you spoke to me! I don't want to get you or Catharsis in trouble for speaking with me.."
[/html]
[html]

It's okay, I was gone for a bit anyways. Tongue 500+

When the adult spoke of comforting words of not feeling left alone in this world, the tiny and thin plume of her little tail wagged at this. As much as her words were reassuring, Catalyst did in fact feel very alone. Whether or not this loneliness was of a greater frequency than what her fellow siblings felt about it (and she knew that nearly all of them felt similar in some way), it was a factor that really got the young girl down. Such things shouldn't be felt at her age, surely.

The German speaking female suddenly became just as irritated as Catalyst had been, watching the flicker of anger debut in her eyes, and for a second Catalyst couldn't help but cringe inwardly (this adult, she looked very fearful with that gleam on her). Catalyst listened keenly and obediently to what she spoke of, to never let that woman approach her again and not say anything. Catalyst felt some sort of empowerment by this, only wishing that the rude female would have been here to hear this, or better yet, would have had Beate there to set her straight on some things. She spoke that it was a possibility that the woman could have been a puppy eater, and at that moment Catalyst figured the same. Damn! If only she could have had Beate around at that moment, again, that sly smirk that was on the woman's less than attractive features would have been wiped off completely.

It was then the ivory pup was all ears to Beate, listening to her story of how she was exhiled from the pack. Puppies at this age, they were so easy to brainwash, almost too easy, Sympathy began to show on her china doll facade, frowning as her dual eyes observed the scar that she mentioned and showed to her as Beate tilted her head to the side so Catalyst could get a better look. This really happened at one point, with Miss Cercelee? Her trusted guardian, who gave her shelter and nearly spoiled them? Catalyst would have never known to know that Cercelee had a bad side to her. The Alphaess lived in a church, the most holiest and sacred of grounds! To hear this, it actually made Catalyst terribly sad. Beate looked like a promising woman, one who was wise, seeing her in the manner that Catalyst seen Cwmfen in. And for all of this to happen, it really made the puppy upset. When she was done talking, Catalyst was silent for a moment, before she shook her head. "Ich erhalte es nicht..." She trailed off, but oh, there was much to be understood about that. Beate was simply helping a pack member, and she was banished because of it. "Das ist wirklich schrecklich zu horen. Ich kann dem nicht sogar glauben!" Catalyst said in disbelief. "Niemand uberhaupt erklarte mir, dass das, aber das schokierend ist zu horen. Ich schatze, dass sie nie wissen, wem jemand wirklich mehr ist..." In which it made Catalyst all frustrated inside again, mainly in relation to her own mother. When Beate begged for Catalyst to not say a word about this to anyone else, Catalyst eagerly nodded. "Ich werde nicht. Ich erklare geheimnisse nicht zu denen, die ich bin angemessen und klug sehe." Catalyst said with a pretty smile on her maw, and a swish of her tail. There was trust to be found in this adult.

[/html]