one is the loneliest number
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 383
OoC: Council members, fist bump! :O

Slay rolled onto his back, wriggling apologetically as he scratched an itch between his scapula. "You're probably not a lost cause," he amended mischievously, his retort to being ragged on. Ah, male bonding. "But in all seriousness, that's something you've gotta work out. Not much I can help with." he said, echoing Sankor's internal monologue. Even if neither of them achieved anything, it was a pleasant day to be outside, and he was enjoying the vacation from the chaotic inside of his home.

"I don't know either," he admitted freely, head cocked at a rakish angle. He was lucky, he supposed, to have found the one woman willing to stay with him. "She's certainly got patience on her side." He and Cer were both flirtatious, jealous wolves, and when each became so envious that they broke down into fighting, they had both known what it meant. That they'd rather be together than watch each other be single. It was a quirky way to fall in love, but it had happened. Sometimes Slay felt more like he was living with his best friend than with a mate... but that was something he needed, since he didn't make a lot of friends. Everything had a balance.

Sankor wrinkled his nose and dismissed him, laughing at his feeble attempts at being gossipy. And then, out of nowhere, the playful packmate seemed to wilt; trapped beneath the weight of the name of his dream girl. True to his word, Slay did not bother to differentiate between Colibri Haki and Cwmfen nic Graine; they were both quiet, solitary wolves, and he could understand how hard they were to approach, especially about romantic issues. When he first met Cwmfen, he had developed an infatuation for her exotic grace as well. But it had faded as time carried them in different directions. Now she was a pack leader, and he was a surrogate father. Go figure. "Mm, tricky one there, mate. But 'someone like you' could be just what they need - the quiet ones have trouble making friends, and you're the most trustworthy wolf in the pack." He shrugged a shoulder nonchalantly, making it sound so easy. He knew it wasn't. He was a real coward when it came to approaching women about serious topics - hence the clowning.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread