A Paper Thin Hymn
[html]

=)
WC: 500+

lost into the weight of gravity

She felt the pressure increase around her hand, welcomed the grip that would not let her go. It felt so warm - and not just from the rich almost-summer weather, but radiating from those pale-furred fingers themselves. It was all she could feel, the tingling of their intermingling pulses, the subtle curves to the smooth pawpad of her palm, the scant difference between the sizes of their feminine hands. What would it be like, for those gentle reassuring fingers to run through her mane...? Or to glide down her spine, an intimate caress that she had not yet known in her short, lonely life. She was not creative enough to think beyond the most basic of embraces, but that was enough for her. She couldn't be greedy.

"I felt it was a dream, too," she agreed softly, her tail swaying in a slow figure-eight behind her, trying to relieve the nervous energy building up inside of her. Her mind raced so far ahead of her body, it was difficult to stay focused. Especially with Anu's touch distracting her so. "I'm so happy it wasn't..." And she smiled as proof, timidly letting her shining blue eyes gaze deeply into the clear ice-water pools of Anu's irises, intimidated by the depths she found there, but tentatively willing to drown in them all the same. She let her second hand slide free to trace the back of the sandy-blond paw, following the delicate carpals beneath the surface, the fragile framework that lent Anu her grace, all the while lost in her eyes. It could still be a dream, for all she knew. Although if it was some elaborate hallucination, why had the vision waited so long to come back again? Maybe it was brought on by heatstroke and wine. It sure felt real, though.

Suddenly embarrassed by her lovesick behavior, Coli ducked her head, breaking the spell. She was a little more self-conscious, out in broad daylight - but not for her own reputation, which was nonexistent, but rather her potential paramour. What sort of rumors would be spread to slander her reputation if it got out that she was courting the young daughter of Haku Soul? A silly concern, but Anu was supposed to be a public figure, a leader of her pack, a loving mother. Well... supposedly. Maybe now was a chance to learn who her lovely dryad was at home... "I... I still don't know if you're real or not; you're too p-perfect to be a normal wolf. Can you... can you tell me what it's like in your home, in Crimson Dreams? I... met your son, Haven, last month. What are... your kids like?" She swallowed anxiously, clinging to Anu's hand so that she would not vanish. Was it taboo to speak of reality to an angel? Would she have to fly away now, because Coli's curiosity got the better of her? She meant no harm - it was just, Anu had offered her a home there, away from relatives and stress, and... she hadn't forgotten that offer, either.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread