you wore them down
[html]
apologizes for the wait ):

How easy children were. It almost made her miss the days of early motherhood, before they were tainted by her ex mate. She had still not recovered much of her memories, therefor still believing the two male children had died naturally. Another easy smile was offered to the child as she spoke. "A young one like you shouldn't feel alone." Sabeen said softly. It seemed a pleasant sentiment, but every word she spoke was carefully chosen to forward her mission in corrupting the child against her home. She wanted to instill into the girl that she was being outcasted by her home, that she shouldn't have to feel such ways, in fact, that she would feel better if she turned against her guardian.

Her own angry gloss came over her eyes as she realized Firefly had been the other woman. For all purposed she might have been upset on behalf of Catalyst, but she was instead recalling her own past. "I know that devil, that Teufel." She repeated the word for emphasis, her eyes slowly fading back into a soft blankness. "She is a very, very bad woman, do not let her approach you again." Thinking only of the child's safety, naturally. "I do not know if she is a puppy eater, but I would not be surprised to learn that she is." For a moment Sabeen simmered, but then relaxed her expression.

"That is good to hear, rabbit every day," Sabeen smiled, a little sadly as if wishing she had been treated the same, but mentally scowled. This was going to be a tad difficult if the child liked her guardian. "Perhaps it was my own fault, but no, she does not like me..." The lady trailed off and glanced away, as if deciding whether the child was trustworthy to share her story with. "You see, I was once a member of Dahlia. But while I was, something terrible-- an accident-- happened, to another pack member. We had not been friends, but I came across her first and tried to help her. She yelled at me and gave me this split lip," she paused to tilt her head slightly, showing off the old scar. "The injured girl accused me, when all I'd done was try to help her. Cercelee sided with her, saying the blood on my coat was evidence! All I'd try to do was help!" Her voice rose slightly, remembering the terrible accusation against her. "I tried to defend myself, explain the truth... but it was no use. Cercelee had turned her back on me. They-" Her eyes had started to water, dramatically. "They- burned my cabin down and exiled me." As if ashamed, she looked away for a moment. Throwing a subtle glance back to the girl, Sabeen spoke once more. "Oh, please don't tell Cercelee you spoke to me! I don't want to get you or Catharsis in trouble for speaking with me.."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread