twist and shout, checkers and sunrises
[html]

Sorry, I had no idea what checkers was (not a common game in Norway) and had to watch loads of videos to understand it >_< I've never been good at learning new board games. Libri tried to teach me chess once - it was a disaster.
Word count: 358

Dawali nodded in silence behind the young femme as they entered the room in which the game would be played, feeling quite stupid. This was a potential disaster, truly. His confidence in himself was dropping by every step he took, although he refused to let it show. Why would she care if he didn't know this game anyway? But he saw it as a test of his intelligence, and he knew that she would measure him, even if she had already. No, it was making him uncomfortable, but again his pride would haul him out of that line of thought, and into confrontation. It was a bother, really.

The femme was cheerful and seemingly in a lifted mood, not fitting his in the least, although he did not have trouble to maintain an illusion of an elevated mood. Yellow eyes were lifted to the roof and walls of the den she lived in, uncertain whether he'd seen such a thing in his life. Of course, he roughly knew how to work wood so it would become a building that could stand, but not like this. His wooden constructions went on the outside and the inside, and particularly not on the inside of a cave like this, although the more he looked at it the more he realized it made an awful lot of sense. Perhaps her skills would come in handy with building the town hall - he really should have it finished soon.

Easily, she explained the rules as she laid out the pieces of the game. With one eyebrow lifted, he did his best to grasp the concept, and while it seemed to be similar to some games he had played before, he still did not understand everything. Especially - why were there lighter squares that were not to be used? What was the point of that? Why not just make a board that had squares of the same color, and then use all of them? It didn't truly make sense, but the male mumbled a quiet I'll give it my best shot, and sat down in the seat she'd motioned towards. So.. who starts, then?

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]

Messages In This Thread