twist and shout, checkers and sunrises
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hey! W.C.: 598 (biggest ever XD)

Everything was going smoothly that morning. It was still breaking dawn, but Catherine was up. It had been a quiet night, and she already got her sleeping share. Seymour was still out there, scouting the boarders, and she was alone in her underground home. She had to repair a few things in the structure and decoration but, now that it was finished, she had nothing very important to do, turning her days a little boring. There hadn't been many strangers in the boarders that demanded her attention, neither there was visits. Therefore, she had many free time to train her aim at the bow, her reading skills and riding. Only the last one was being a trouble to her, that's for sure. She trusted the horses enough for ride, but the one she doesn't trusted was herself.

"Catherine? Wake up, it's your move!" a hissy voice called her off her wanders. The grayish woman found herself sat with her legs crossed, her chin supported on her hand, a checkers table and an impatient Spirit Guide in front of her. The black mamba waged the tip of the tail, pointing her to the table. "Oh! I-I'm sorry, Saw. I lost my head..." she tried to explaine, only rambling. The snake rolled the bright yellow eyes, annoyed. "Just play..." he interrupted her in middle sentence. "Yeah, sure!" she said, forgetting what she was saying and made her move. The snake swang the tail, throwing the wolfess' piece far away and replaced it by its own and smirked to her. She got shocked. 'How did he do that move?!' she thought, trying to understand. Then, she grimed and make a face. "I can't believe it! I'm losing for a reptile!" she whispered, enraged. The snake, in reply, just hissed in breaks, sounding like a light laugher. It was not only a snake, but a dead reptile! That was just amazing.

She was considering to strangle that snake, but as it was already dead, it would not worth the work. Unfortunately. The grayish female was preparing her revenge until Seymour flew from the wooden chimney and landed on her shoulder, demanding her attention. "I'll finish with you later...!" she warned the snake, pointing to her with a index finger and a mean look. The snake just rolled the eyes again and made a face like "As if..." It didn't really bother her. Not more than the fact something was happening and she would do something interesting, after all. She got up and followed the peregrine falcon, which was leading her outside. She walked the three-steps stairs and passed through the rounded entrance. Once outside, there was nothing there. The bird of prey was sittting on a tree's branch, tilting its head to her. She rolled her eyes, noticing it was her scouting shift. "You don't miss one, do you?!" she asked, and the bird harshed, flying toward the entrance of the house, and didn't come back.

The grayish wolf sighed heavily and threw her head up, looking at the sky. 'Why me?!' she thought, even more enraged, luckly not enough to enter in her "Rage". Only then she noticed that the sky was wonderful. It was a perfect mix of purple, orange and yellow, the sun half way up the horizont. Without looking away from it, she climbed the nearest tree from her and sat in the very top of it. She lyed in that one with her belly down, her chin now resting on her crossed arms. She admired the beautiful dawn infront of her, her anger fading away.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 360

His pace was cheerfully fast, as if his good mood was what lifted him along, and not his legs. Gvihita was absent today, and he cared not to or fro - it happened occasionally that she left him alone for a time. In a way it was a relief, as she had the habit of sitting on his shoulder and letting her claws sink into it, although no physical laws forced those claws to do so. It was simply her will, her need of his never ending attention, and she probably had another deeper meaning with it. On this eagle-less day, then, Dawali walked along the path that would eventually carry him nearly out of the packlands (or at least that was the plan), to the cliff he had found that he'd appointed his own spiritual place. There he would perform the rituals that were required of him by profession, and also his own private prayers would be presented there. Most did not know the amount of preparation that went into a burial ceremony, and although he wished that a long time would pass until he needed to do it, he still liked to keep it fresh in mind, and to keep himself on good terms with the gods.

A cheerful hum was passing on his lips as he said goodbye to the open field he had crossed, and moved into a more wooded area. It was cloudy today, although not as wet or cold as previously, and his pelt kept him warm enough. The shade from the trees was therefore quite welcome, and as he moved along with that slowly improvised melody emitting from his form he had his eyex fixed absently on the path before him. He looked as if he was looking at nothing at all, or perhaps he was blind, but he was looking inwards, thinking about many things. About Asha, Leland.. the foals, and the recent newcomers. And about Ayegali, and the absence of the spring ceremony, although she probably had her reasons for delaying it, he was certain. Around such subjects twirled his mind as his body moved him along at a comfortable pace.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine was staring at the sun, his blinding light getting stronger and stronger, the red turning to orange, to purple and finally to the old sky blue. It was good while it lasted, and she felt very refreshed. She was starting to sit on the branch when she felt something slither through her back. She looked back, and there it was, the unforgotable black backs and yellowed belly of a black mamba. She rolled her eyes toward the snake's yellow irises. "You realize that you are a stalker, don't you?" she asked, a little annoyed. That damn snake popped out of nowhere, scaring the crap out of her. It proved to be very annoying sometimes. "Yep." the snake replied with an arrogant voice. The grayish female snorted, and the snake replied again with a snorted hiss. "Let me guess, Seymour is sleeping, you got bored - as usual - and came here to annoy me, isn't it." she asked, in a rethorical question. Luckly, the reptile understood it was rethorical, so it didn't answer. She umped off the branch, landing on her two feet. The snake was suddenly besides her, looking at her with a smirk. It seemed to enjoy her anger.

She sighed and walked along the wired fences, looking once again for some pattern for the wooden stakes. She got it: every yard, there was a new stake. Finally she found it! It had took her until now for her to discover what it was. Gladly, she smiled and looked forward again, and heard something. Saw, which was lazily tracing marking on the earthy ground, stopped. Steps. She stopped as well, her ears flickering forward quickly. Somehow, she knew this steps. It took her a few seconds to reconize them. She went toward them with a quick pace. The smell that came along with her proximity confirmated her guess. Soonly, the red wolf's shape got into her eyes, her smile widening. "Hey, Dawali!" she greeted him with a half yell, waving to the male while approaching him. "How are you?" she asked, forgetting completely of her reptile stalker. His head hitted her knees, and she couldn't really see him with that height.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 312

The sounds of conversation would have reached his white-furred ears had he not been so deeply involved in his thoughts instead, moving as a robot would along the path, if a robot had ever existed to walk that same strip of land. So focused on all of his inward process was he, in fact, that more than once he nearly tripped over some ill-placed root across the path, although fate was kind and spared him the humiliation. However, when the sound of a familiar voice broke through the tranquility of his mind, the grown wolf started, uttering a brisk sound of displeasure and turning hastily in the direction of the voice. In moments he knew who it was, and remembered that not only had she made sound, she'd also spoken his name and several other words. Getting himself together, the male wondered for a moment why this girl did not frighten him like the other females did. Perhaps because she seemed to take an easy liking to.. well, anyone?

He stood still for a moment, taking in his startlement and doing something with it, before looking at the female and offering her a response. Oh, hi Catherine. I'm.. eh, I'm good, thanks. He was awkward now, but not because of normal reasons. He had displayed his weak side to this member, someone he barely knew, despite having run into her several times. His head nodded as he spoke, and both arms hung limply along his sides, as if doing something with them would hurt him. Remembering Catherine's injury during the pack hunt (or more like their two-person hunt), he glanced to her arm to see a wound healing, but still there. Opening his mouth he hastily asked her about it, eager to lead the inevitable conversation onto something, rather than risk the silence in the aftermath of his shock. How's the arm?

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Sorry the late ^^' Studying is destroying my creativity rushes... Dangit, I can't even draw something that makes any sense XP

Catherine surely could feel his awkwardness, bu she couldn't understand why. She was somesort of feeling the irony of that coincidence. It hadn't been long since they had met for the last time. The wound in her arm was aching, but not so much. Just a little when she moved that arm many times and for a very long time. She always knew of her resistence to pain and good healing, and those were very useful for the weak individual she was. Even more when there is a giant cow elk that could break her arm with only the hooves if it got the chance. Luckly, it hadn't.

Well, that's always good to hear. she said in reply for his own. She was being honest as well. The grayish female's good eye noticed the male's looking at her arm, banded by a reddish path of cloth, to disguise the bit of blood that still leaked from the wound sometimes. His question didn't surprise her. She was already expecting that. Better. I think that in a few weeks, it will be healed up. she answered. Curiosity knocked her head. What did you do with the elks? I left before that, I'm really sorry. she regreted with a humble voice. She actually could have came back with the banding and helped him out, but she didn't. But she wished she did.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 347

She replied and his eyes instantly went to where he knew she was hurt, wanting to inspect it. Motioning with his arms to have her give hers over so he could look at it, he spoke gently, but in a quite decisive way. Let me have a look at it, yes? If it needed more care he would have the herbs with him (he always did carry some on him), and he would also like to check if it was growing like it should. The cloth the woman had put around it was red'ish, and he didn't like that. It was a sign that it was still bleeding a little, which it should not. He would perhaps have to put on a new bandage altogether.

The woman asked him what he'd done with the elks, and with a sigh he remembered. I cut them up and took them to the storage houses, and some for myself. He'd come back very late that evening, and Bella, too, had been exhausted. Luckily Gvihita had proved in the mood to help, and she'd flown back to his den to fetch his knives for cutting the animals up. She did it with a face that said he'd better be thankful for it later, as she would have to assume her completely solid form, and she hated being visible to other creatures. Still she'd fetched them, and he had spent hours cutting the animals into pieces and stacking them in Bella's sidepouches. He'd been lucky that she had been wearing them at all. Catherine's bird had proved not so annoying in the end anyways, and had flown away as soon as he'd led the red wolf to her fallen prey. In the end it had taken him three solid trips back and forth to get all the meat. It was good that they had taken them down - and very lucky! - but he had been a grumpy man when he'd fallen asleep that night. Not at Catherine, just at.. everything. His mood turned in that direction when he was weary enough.

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Sorry the late ...again^^' Small post because I've got too much in my head now, and I've got no creativity right now

Sure. she said, accepting the male to look at her injury. She turned her arm so the male could work better.

Oh! she gasped when he replied. She tried to recall where the food was kept. No, she haven't been there yet. Well, a reason to leave the boudaries for a while and explore the territories. She only reminded of Seymour coming back to her not too long since she left him with Dawali. The woman had thought for a while of wht did he do to come back to her so quickly.

[/html]
[html]

No problem Smile
Word Count: 300

The young woman let him look at the arm (she should! He was a medic, after all) and after a few seconds of inspecting he was satisfied. It was growing nicely - and the wound hadn't been that big of a deal in the first place anyways. Still, her wrap was old and unwashed. Catherine was lucky Dawali always kept some form of medical gear on him - his belt was invaluable when it came to that. Deftly opening his pouch with one hand, he pulled out a piece of cloth, and carefully removed the old one on the female's arm. Making sure to add some fresh herbs to the wound first (and to remove the old ones, of course), he wrapped the cloth tightly around her wound - in a likely painful way. He knew what it was like to have a wound, though, and it had to be done. There, he said, satisfied. If it continued to grow as well as it had until now, her arm would be fine in no time.

The woman seemed surprised for something, or at least that was the direction her exclamation pointed him to. Perhaps she did not know they stored food at all? Oh! Or perhaps she actually didn't know where the storage houses were! Smiling, Dawali decided to ask before assuming, instead of simply informing the woman where it was. After all, she was female, and he really didn't want to offend her - for that simple reason! He was, even, a little reluctant to ask as well, but if she didn't know where it was then someone should tell her! It was nice to know if one felt hungry but couldn't hunt - and she was wounded, she'd have use for it. Do you know where it is?

[/html]
[html]

Ooc: --

Catherine watched lazily to the male doing his work. Generally speaking, it didn't hurt. Just a little pinch, while he changed the old herbs for new ones, and particularly when he attached a new cloth. The way he tied it up forced a grimace. It got a bit numb after that, but she didn't care. It wasn't a bothering numb. A good one, actually.

His question got her on short. It seemed the medic could even read minds. She hesitated for two seconds until she replied. Honestly...? she said, with a low, timed voice, an embarassed face forming up. Even her ears pulled back a little. No. she finished, her ashamed fading quickly into a very sheepish face. The grayish female looked at him from below, her face down. For her, it was extremely stupid to not know more about the packlands. The very ones she protected and loved, scouting the borders with such care. She should take more breaks from her job to wander around more, just for pleasure to do so.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.
Word Count: 334

It seemed to him that Catherine was ashamed of not knowing these details about their lands - but how could she know it? Everything was still in the forming, most of the common buildings being raised by Dawali alone, along with a working horse or two. Things took time, and a lot of it. Sure, the stables had been up for some time, although the storage rooms that had been built on them hadn't, and thus there was no problem in not knowing. Smiling, Dawali looked at her ashamed face for a moment, before he clarified everything for her, or at least attempted to. It's roughly to the east of here, sort of halfway through the village, but outside. We do have some other foods there as well, so if you can't hunt with that arm of yours you should perhaps check it out. He only meant to help, and for all he knew Catherine had been going without much proper food since the hunt. That would have been bad - in fact he should have sought her out sooner anyways. If for nothing else, then at least to check out her arm. Luckily they'd found each other randomly now, though, and so his duties were still done, in a way, even if it should have been done differently. Dawali had a very strong sense of responsibility, perhaps too strong at times, but it was mostly a good trait. It caused him to take good care of his fellow beings, and it made him a better father. There was also a lot of pleasure to gain from helping the ones around you, and so he was satisfied on the good things in life, or so he thought. Two yellow eyes twinkled warmly as he looked at the young scout, one of the highest ranked members of the tribe, but also among the most peculiar. All in all, he liked her, even if she was female, and all the tension females brought forward in him.

[/html]
[html]

Catherine heard Dawali's instructions to the storehouse, trying to make a little map in her head. It was easier than she thought. The grayish female reminded of passing near there a few times, but she hadn't noticed the building. It, probably, wasn't there before. Built recently, perhaps? Thinking if it would be polite to ask him that, or not. No, it wouldn't. Besides, it would be a good way to propouse him to help out with the constructions. Within her actual debilities, of course. She wouldn't force her arm so much.

Yes, I will. Thanks for the advise, she said, polite as she always is, and grown up being. It was good to be like that. She felt as a friend magnet. She usually was.

The snake was still on her feet, looking annoyed by being left outside the talk all that time. It was her time to smirk at it. The black mamba seemed a bit indignated, but didn't leave. He was too proud for that. He always was. But, still, they were friends. She suddenly remembered of the checker game that they were going to have.

Hey! Do you wanna come in? We were playing checkers. the wolfess said, inviting the reddish wolf inside. She wondered if he knew how to play the tablet game.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

She listened as he explained and then pronounced that she would take his advice and visit it - he hoped she would in reality and wasn't just saying so out of politeness. There were several interesting things about the place, such as the horses themselves and the "free" food lying around. In addition there was the river floating by not that far off the place, and many a fish could be easily caught in the narrow bits. Nets and spears, extra bows and other tools were also stacked up in the little shack besides the stables, as well as some bags and the like for the horses' stuff. If she'd not been there there would probably be cool things to explore. Dawali didn't think it all that exciting, but of experience he knew that some might, especially those who had not grown up in the tribe. He'd just dumped th stuff there, so he would know where it was in times of need, and figured those interested would eventually find them and hopefully make good use of them, too.

His ears perked in surprise as Catherine invited him in for something called "checkers". Obviously it was a game, since she'd attached the verb "played", although he had no clue as to what the rules would be or what kind of game it was. And in addition, who were "we"? He couldn't smell any other wolves - and it intrigued him. Before he could think he'd opened his mouth and agreed, and then he was taking some steps forward in the direction of Catherine and her den. Yeah, ok! Oh it was never good when he gave in to impulses - why'd he always do that?

[/html]
[html]

The red wolf's reply to her invitation boiled the excitation inside her mind and body. Her tail wagged enthusiamsly, and a wide, welcoming smile formed up in her face. It was great to have a wolf partner at the game. Although it was a rather easy game, with less rules than chess, which made it more fun, at least for her. Great! This way, she said, her voice a bit pitch with the verve inside her. The grayish woman went back to her overgrown den, in a quick pace, not able to control it.

Suddenly, a question mark sinked deep into her mind. Somehow, she knew it wasn't going away until she knew the answer. The female had already felt that, her unstoppable curiosity jumping in, unpredictable. Uh... do you know how to play? she asked feeling a bit blunter than she wanted to. She didn't stop, but walked slower than before, her enthusiasm fading away to the curiosity. A click in ehr brain, and her curiosity reminded Noir. Not sure why, but it did.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

He followed her into the den and said nothing to her first exclamation. Why, why had he said yes? She was female and the chances that he would mess up were great. He didn't want to mess up, and his body was somewhat rigid and tense as his legs moved them towards the place where the game was. The game. It didn't make it any better that he had no idea how to play it, nor its more difficult brother chess. His mind was full with the different games of the AniWayan culture, but he could find nothing in his mind named "checkers".

The female turned her head and asked him, bluntly, for an answer to the question he had just been asking himself. Did he know the game? No, he did not, and it embarrassed him. Heat that rose was covered by his red furs as it always was, and no trace of it was visible to another, but he still felt it. It was still there. His eyes glanced to the side for a tiny moment before they rose back up at Catherine as he spoke, trying to be cheerful. No, not really. Again his yellow eyes glanced elsewhere, before returning to the female in front of him. Will you teach me how it works, Catherine?

[/html]
[html]

Occ: That's okay^^ here (V) is a good description of her house

"It was a very, very big den, or a small cave. Using a rough made shovel, she digged it. It must be 16 feet width, 9 feet height, in a circle shape. She had to construct a wooden structure for it don't colapse down. The entrance seemed small, but she could get in crouched, and then stand erect perfectly once inside. There was a fire in the center, under a hole in the surface of the cave, that lead to a dead, hollow tree's trunk, that would work as a chimney and as an entrance for Seymour. The tree's roots reached out of the ceiling, and some were perfects perchs for Seymour. The cave had a carefully made stone floor around the fire and earthy walls and parts on the floor. The bed was made of leaves, leather and fur of different prey, but mostly of elks and deers. Her books and other stuff were kept in wooden shelves attached to the structure. The "door" was the dead tree's bark, that fitted the entrance by inside. As the entrance had a big height from the cave's floor, she made out a few steps of earth."

She smiled warmly to him. He didn't know how to play, but that was okay. She only learned that by reading books, and had to make her own board and pieces. Sure I will, she said, as cheerful as him.

It didn't take long until they were in her door. She opened and entered first, holding the doors open for him to get in. Then, she looked around, and found where the board was. She went to a rough-made wooden box. It was shallow and square, the cover was a light and dark brown checkers, the small squares perfectly made. She slid it and took the dark and light stones, rounded and flat, with little inperfections. Her home-made checkers board and pieces. It was usually herself and Saw that played, but Bluma and Seymour was always glad to cheer for one of them and watch the game. Good as a pastime, for the boring freetimes.

The grayish female waved for him to seat in front of her, in the other side of the board. Well, this is the borad and those are the pieces. Those are yours and these are mines. Here are the rules...and she started to explaine the rules slowly, so it wouldn't look so complicated. She could only hope that he'd get it right.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, I had no idea what checkers was (not a common game in Norway) and had to watch loads of videos to understand it >_< I've never been good at learning new board games. Libri tried to teach me chess once - it was a disaster.
Word count: 358

Dawali nodded in silence behind the young femme as they entered the room in which the game would be played, feeling quite stupid. This was a potential disaster, truly. His confidence in himself was dropping by every step he took, although he refused to let it show. Why would she care if he didn't know this game anyway? But he saw it as a test of his intelligence, and he knew that she would measure him, even if she had already. No, it was making him uncomfortable, but again his pride would haul him out of that line of thought, and into confrontation. It was a bother, really.

The femme was cheerful and seemingly in a lifted mood, not fitting his in the least, although he did not have trouble to maintain an illusion of an elevated mood. Yellow eyes were lifted to the roof and walls of the den she lived in, uncertain whether he'd seen such a thing in his life. Of course, he roughly knew how to work wood so it would become a building that could stand, but not like this. His wooden constructions went on the outside and the inside, and particularly not on the inside of a cave like this, although the more he looked at it the more he realized it made an awful lot of sense. Perhaps her skills would come in handy with building the town hall - he really should have it finished soon.

Easily, she explained the rules as she laid out the pieces of the game. With one eyebrow lifted, he did his best to grasp the concept, and while it seemed to be similar to some games he had played before, he still did not understand everything. Especially - why were there lighter squares that were not to be used? What was the point of that? Why not just make a board that had squares of the same color, and then use all of them? It didn't truly make sense, but the male mumbled a quiet I'll give it my best shot, and sat down in the seat she'd motioned towards. So.. who starts, then?

[/html]
[html]

Occ: XDDD I play checkers, like, since I was six! hehe, sorry for that DX And I tryed to learn chess once, and I was a disaster too. It's too many stuff to remember of, I'd rather stay with checkers XDD

Catherine listened as the male said that he'd try to play the game as best as he could. It made her happy. That game required a sum of intelligence, and it would be confuusing in the begining, so she thought about letting him win that first round. Maybe not, maybe yes. She'd see if she should, according on how the game turned to be. In anyway, he would have learned the basics of a new game.

Well, I think I could make the first play, she said, and slowly grabbed one of the pieces in the very front lines, and moved it to the right dark square. Then, she just placed both hands in her knees, nodding that now it was his move. It wasn't so difficult until now. She has a strategy, but it would be more funny if she just let things go on freely. After all, it was just a game, and only for fun!

[/html]
[html]

She took the first move, and it was fine by him. He wasn't certain whether the rules stated which part begun or not. He still wasn't sure if he understood anyways, and as she moved her first piece he became bewildered. Of course - now it was his turn, but how was he supposed to know what to do? He had no idea how to counter any move, or how to think forward, to plan ahead. His hand was wiped on his thigh, nervously, before it was lifted towards the board. Hovering for a moment over his pieces, he chose of the front ones at random and moved it towards the piece Catherine had just moved. Perhaps it would mean that he lost on purpose, or perhaps it meant that he had countered something. He had no idea. The male normally learnt by doing, and didn't always understand without seeing it in action first. So - now was the turn for him to see how the game really worked, what would Catherine do now? Perhaps then he could have some sort of epiphany regarding the workings of this game, for right now all it looked like was a board full of pieces placed in a pattern, but doing nothing - sort of like a weaved pattern in a blanket, but a little bit wonky, just like when he weaved. His gaze looked intently at that board as waited, now, for Catherine to make her move. Hopefully he had been smart without knowing it.

[/html]
[html]

Occ: --

Catherine noticed his hesitant glare at the pices, not really sure of what to do. She waited patiently while he moved -as it looked, randomly- a piece. At least, he moved the piece correctly, which was a start, but he placed it in an "unpropper" place. Saw, that was -suddenly- in their side, watching the game with atent yellow eyes. He hissed, angry with the male's stupid innocence.

Catherine smiled arrongant to the reptile. You can hiss as much as you want; it's not you playing here!, she saied to the mamba, that replied her arrogant eyes with an annoyed one.

Without loooking to the table, she moved slowly the piece, increasing the snake's tension. The snake couldn't show how angry it was by facial expressions, but it could by the bruning eyes and the enraged hiss coming out of its pitch black mouth, the big and thin fangs showing out. She grabbed his piece with two claws and placed hers in the square transversal to his, accoring to her movement. The snake rolled the eyes, but in a very annoyed way.

After their -almost- silent communication, she turned back to her leader, waiting for his next move. His piece was now laying in her right side of the wooden board, off the game. Before he could get confused or had to ask, she decided to explaine why the Spirit Guide's behaviour. Sorry for Saw's actions; we play checkers a lot, and he is easily angered when he makes a bad move. And, as it seems, when he sees someone making them as well, she saied, and then realized the other way her phrase could be interpreted. But I'm not saying your move was so bad. he overreacted -as usual-, she saied, glacing to the snake after continuing -but you're doing good for your first game, she ended with a tender smile, as if to encourage him.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 311

Apparently her spirit guide did not appreciate his move, and was suddenly there watching the game, hissing at the board. Dawali liked snakes - they were in a way useful for his trade as a medic - but he couldn't hear whether a hiss was disapproving or not. Catherine seemed to interpret him better (as she should, in truth), and corrected his bad behavior. The male had simply assumed he wished to participate, and he couldn't entirely understand why the spirit didn't choose to simply speak normally, although it was naturally none of his business, and it would be extremely rude to ask. As Catherine then explained what had in fact gone down, Dawali couldn't help but glance at the snake and then make a face of disapproval - of his own move, that was. Secretly, a little voice inside him yelled as he was a little bit offended by both the snake and Catherine's arrogant behavior, but he buried this deep inside of him. It was not his place to be offended by such trivial matters - as the leader of the pack he had to accept every member as they were, and as along as they did not break the law his behavior towards them had to be exemplary. Shooting the girl a small smile as if to reassure her that he had not been offended, even if he had, he let his gaze fall down to the board again without a word. It was like a gigantic puzzle.

He looked at her, still uncertain as to what to do, even if he now understood what had happened and how the game went down. Choosing another piece, further from the piece she had taken his piece with the round before, he moved this one, also, forward at random. There wasn't that much he could do right now, was there?

[/html]