tabloid junkie [p.]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i39.tinypic.com/2dtbofn.jpg); width: 520px; height: 482px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; left:102px; top: 40px; width: 290px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

351 words.

sit and listen, sit and listen

To think about being alone always was sad, but Princess was a much more social creature than this stranger seemed to be. He seemed content enough to be alone with his mission, and though Princess still did not quite understand why he had given himself this mission, she supposed he had the right to be alone on his mission. “That seems so lonely, though,” she mused aloud, mostly to herself. She had been alone for only a little bit of time when she had been searching for her mother, but it had been sad enough. During that time, she had missed Buttface terribly, and was worried about finding her mother. Even with something on her mind, as she assumed this man’s mission was often on his mind, Princess had been lonely and scared, sad and longing for company. Did this man ever feel that way? She imagined he probably did, once in a while.

Nodding her agreement, Princess decided that, for once, she wouldn’t ask more questions on the subject. He seemed pretty insistent on not saying more, as his words had been spoken with a great deal of finality. “I hope that she, whoever she is, is okay, and stays away from him, then. . . I’ve seen what he can do, but you probably have too, and it’s scary.” Thoughts of her mother’s injuries sprang to mind again, and she nearly shuddered at the images. “I should probably go soon, to check on my mom and all that stuff,” she said, pausing for a moment to recall their entire conversation. Throughout the entire time they had been talking, they had not yet exchanged names. Princess didn’t find that to be very polite of herself at all, so she smiled shyly, almost afraid to tell him her name. She seemed to have gotten mixed reactions about it thus far. “I’m Princess, by the way. . . Who are you? If you don’t want to tell me, though, I’ll understand,” she added quickly, unsure of how he would take to her asking. Maybe he didn’t want to tell anyone at all.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread