tabloid junkie [p.]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

Private for Onus, set just outside the borders of DdM. 467 words.

ic -

Princess stood, stretching her arms above her head as she blinked against the morning sun. She’d shifted upon waking up and put on her white and red dress, which was now damp with dew from where it had been sitting over night. Since her meeting with Colibri, Princess now considered the woman a friend of sorts, and she had grown to be more comfortable with shifting. She had even figured out she had been wearing her dress incorrectly, much to her embarrassment, but once she had fixed it, it had fit more snugly, and was far more comfortable. Lowering her arms to her sides, she walked towards the borders, just a few more steps. She wanted so badly to go back into the area not inhabited by Dahlia’s members, and she desperately wanted to explore the area around the pack. However, she had promised Alexey she would not. Princess had broken that rule once, and it wasn’t necessary to do so again. At least, not so soon after the first time.

The borders were marked, but she supposed that they were not exactly set it stone, so she kept walking until she knew she had crossed them a bit ago, and then stopped. If you wanted to look at it technically, Princess was still disobeying Alexey by leaving the pack lands, but she could still see the pack lands, and she could smell the border. That was surely good enough; it had to be. All she wanted was to explore, and look for her brother in secret. Enough time had passed since her reunion with her mother that she was beginning to feel incredibly guilty over pretending to forget her brother in front of Tokyo. Since then, she had only mentioned Buttface by name once, and that was to Alexey. She was trying to keep her word to her mother, but it was difficult to pretend you know nothing about someone that you cared so much about.

She supposed she would feel better if she knew her brother was alive and well. Unfortunately, she didn’t know of any way to ensure that. They had parted ways on bad terms, and as she stood there with her arms hung limply at her sides, Princess regretted allowing him to walk away from her. She could have refused to let him go, and could have tried to force him to find Tokyo with her. She could have made him come with her. Threats might not have worked, but perhaps she could have bribed him. Even if it had been a bribe of harm to their mother, it might have worked, and she would still have her brother with her. She sighed; she didn’t know why she spent time trying to find him in secret. He hated her now, most likely.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Sorry for the delay D:

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Ever since Cwmfen had left his apartment that day he had been doing his best to try and find Corvus before she would feel the need to go to him. And when the coyote became too frustrated with that search being fruitless he would come and wander the borders of Dahlia and watch her in case she went to leave for anywhere. So far nothing had happened, but that was putting him on edge more than anything else. He knew the time for something to happen was upon them, now it was just a waiting game. Usually Onus was a patient man, but his patience was beginning to wear thin. He wanted it over with, whether it turned out better or worse. He didn't want Cwmfen to have to worry about her father anymore for he knew how much distress that brought her. He wanted her to feel safe again.

It was early morning as he sat in the limbs in one of the trees on the outskirts of Dahlian land. Onus tried to stay hidden when he could. He knew if anyone saw him but Cwmfen they would be suspicious of the strange lone coyote patrolling outside their lands. They might even feel inclined to go tell that bastard Haku about it and that was the last thing that he wanted. Of course if the brown brute came and attacked him than whatever would happen to him would be his own fault. But the vigilante did not want to get in a fight. Not now. Not when the final fight with the crow wolf was hovering over him. He would need all his strength to succeed.

So far the morning had been uneventful, but soon his nose and ears told him someone was near. Hidden eyes searched out the wolf to see if it was Cwmfen. It was not however. It was a different female. Young from the looks of her and wearing a dress. His lover had told him about the wolf that was on the loose eating puppies. Not only that but the image of Mati flashed before his eyes and he knew he couldn't let the girl just wander around on her own. Sometimes he might not have bothered, but there were too many monsters about the lands to ignore it. With his own sort of rough grace he hopped down from the tree and looked over to the yearling. "It's dangerous out these days. You should be careful," the rough monotone called out.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #258BA4 solid; font-size: 10px;">

ooc -

No worries. ^^ The thread hasn't taken place, but Rust and I are planning a backdated thread for right after Corvus attacked Tokyo, so I alluded to it in this post, if that's okay? 521 words.

ic -

Gold and blue eyes narrowed at the stranger’s words. She peered up into the tree, glaring at the brown male in the strange clothes and cloth over his eyes. “Everyone’s always telling me that,” she growled, growing increasingly annoyed with the warnings. Princess had made it to Dahlia de Mai safely, and obviously, she had to travel through the lands surrounding it to get to where she was. If she had survived then, when she had no direction and was wandering aimlessly, what was to say she couldn’t survive now? The only difference was that she was older, larger (only very slightly so, but the difference was there), and smelled of the pack. If anything, the pack smell should protect her, if only just a bit. Dahlia was a very large pack, and Princess wasn’t sure there were many who would voluntarily cause problems with the pack. She had come to realize she wasn’t the most important one in the pack, but she was damned certain Tokyo would raise hell if anything happened to her daughter.

Focusing on the cloth covering his eyes, Princess snorted a bit of laughter. “Is it you I should be afraid of? Or are you just doing what everyone else does - warn me about the lands I already traveled through once? And what‘s with the cloth, anyway?” She almost clapped a hand to her mouth. That last question was not something she had meant to question vocally. She would have been just as content to question the cloth’s presence within her own mind. However, the question had just popped out. She had been on a roll with the increasingly indignant tone that had attached itself to her voice. It wasn’t something she could help; she was growing tired of being warned of the dangers of the outside world. Yes, her mother had been attacked by some crazy guy with a white stripe. And yes, there was a puppy-eating beast out there that she should be afraid of because he had already attacked a puppy in Dahlia, among others in the area.

Well, tough luck there. Princess wasn’t afraid of the crazy wolf with the stripe, and she wasn’t afraid of the puppy-eater. Her own mother had killed and attacked puppies. If she could deal with the emotional trauma attached to that, she could deal with a few strangers doing similar things. Glaring at the man in the tree, Princess looked over his appearance more carefully. He didn’t have a white stripe around his neck, and he did have an incredibly distinct appearance, what with his strange clothing. Therefore, she could easily assume that this wasn’t the crazy wolf that had attacked her mother, and it was probable that it wasn’t the puppy-eater, either. If he were the puppy-eater, she hoped that Alexey would have warned her of his strange appearance. Someone must have known what the puppy-eater looked like, and while she hadn’t been given any form of a description to go by, Princess was certain that the monster couldn’t be someone that stood out. Otherwise, a description would have been given for the beast.

[/html]
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Oh yeah, that's fine Smile And actually Onus jumped out of the tree XD

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

The man was slightly taken aback by the hostility the young girl threw at him. He didn't show it of course, but it was there underneath the cool composure and blank face. "Because it is true." Onus had grown accustomed to Mati and her quiet courtesy, which made the behavior of this youth even more abrasive than it would have normally been. Unlike the Church girl, who was cautious, it seemed this female was of the mind that she was invincible. That nothing bad could happen to her. He had run across other such youths in his many years, and they all usually got a rather rude awakening. No one was invincible it was just a matter of how long your luck ran. Sooner or later the harsh truth of this world caught up with them and put them down on the same level as everyone else.

The strong-headed Dahlian's tone of voice rose with indignation with almost every word that came out of her small mouth. Though he took the verbal assault. Never once did his face change to betray what was going on behind it in his mind. His hands stayed tucked in their respective pockets and his posture was erect but at ease. There was only one person that he let down his stony exterior for, and she was not here. "Only if you have done something wrong." Then, yes, she should be afraid of him. He doubted that she had, not at her age. Even if she had it would have been some petty crime of theft or other some such thing. Wrong still, and still deserving of some form of punishment. Nothing he would harm her for. At least not much. Her forwardness about his eye wrap was surprising. Most her age had the sense to not be rude. "It is a symbol." That was the easiest answer and his tone had deepened slightly, a subtle hint that she should leave her questions at that.

Apparently a simple warning of the dangers that lurked outside her home was not enough to phase this one. While she was being a little brat, that didn't mean that the vigilante wanted any harm to come to her. "There's a wolf out there who just tried to rape a girl your age. Would have if I hadn't stopped him. Sound like fun to you?" This wasn't a game. He was serious. If had known how many attacks on Dahlian members Corvus had made he would have listed those off too, though he was oblivious to those occurrences. Cwmfen had not mentioned any such attacks to him.

[/html]
[html]

ooc -

-headdesk- Sorry for missing that. >_>; Sorry it's short. 328 words.

ic -

Princess didn’t care if it was true, and she was sick and tired of being told not to wander. No one seemed to understand that she had already gone through the lands without any form of safety or assistance, and she had grown since then. Along with that, she had seen evil in the world the very first night her mother attacked them, and again with every attack Tokyo had thrown at Buttface. Recently, she had seen her mother’s wounds after being attacked by the white-necked male. “I know the danger is there,” she muttered, annoyed with how simple he made his warning sound. Obviously, he didn’t understand how annoying it was to always be told what to do when you’re young, but then, he was telling her what to do, so he evidently didn’t care, either. What would he have said if she had told him about her past with Tokyo’s violence and petty childishness?

She didn’t know what he meant by either proclamation; apparently, she was safe from this man, as she didn’t think she had done anything particularly wrong, with the exception of disobeying Alexey and leaving the pack lands to go to Halifax, and it was possible that running away could count for that, as well. As for the cloth being a symbol, the idea was lost on her. It wasn’t important enough for her to question further, so she hoped he wouldn’t mind her ignoring that comment. “It doesn’t sound like fun. But it also doesn’t sound like fun to be mopping up my mother’s blood after she got attacked by that stupid guy with the white neck, and it doesn’t sound fun to think about my lost siblings, either.” She didn’t plan to say much about them, but perhaps this man knew of the one that had attacked her mother. She had a bone to pick with him, indeed. “But, it doesn’t sound fun to hide away for my entire life, either.”

[/html]
[html]

No worries :3

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Sometimes he just could not understand children. Actually, he probably couldn't most of the time. The man had never really had a childhood of his own, so it was not something he could relate to. His period of carefree naivety had lasted a much shorter time than most. He had only been a few months old when his mother had turned on him and tried to kill him. From then on he had been very different than anyone he had ever met. He was unemotional, logical almost to a fault. The coyote lacked the fear and desire that guided most creature's lives. Recently things had changed for him, but only when it came to his woad bound lover. She was the only one who truly knew him. The only person he had ever let close.

Onus was glad that she didn't pursue the topic of his cloth any further. It was not something he wished to talk about with this head strong little wolf. She wouldn't understand it. Then again, almost no one did. At the mention of some male with a white neck attacking this girl's mother his ears flicked. Perhaps this girl wasn't as useless as he thought. "White neck? Was the rest of him black?" He didn't know why he hadn't thought of Corvus going after those in Dahlia de Mai. Of course he would. What better way to provoke Cwmfen then going after those she was sworn to protect. His hands clenched invisibly in his pockets. The bastard. Onus needed to find him before she went to him.

Her last words shook him from his thoughts momentarily. "Didn't say you should hide from life." Why did they always assume the meaning of what adults were trying to tell them? "Just need to be careful. Cautious. Otherwise you won't last long." It was a dog-eat-dog world outside of pack life. Sometimes even inside it.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i39.tinypic.com/2dtbofn.jpg); width: 520px; height: 482px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; left:102px; top: 40px; width: 290px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

Normally I don't like changing tables in the middle of a thread, but this one seems more fitting, and it's newwww~ ^^ And sorry she has such a 'tude. D: 517 words.

sit and listen, sit and listen

Shrugging, Princess turned her gaze to a rock nearby, anything other than him. She did not want to think about the male that had attacked her mother. The wounds were far too fresh for her to feel comfortable questioning what had happened. Now that time had passed, she was better about thinking about Tokyo’s violence. She could question her murdered siblings, and she could hate her mother for being cruel to Buttface. However, Tokyo’s wounds were likely still healing, and by thinking about them, she could almost taste the metallic scent of blood. . . The smell of her mother’s blood, dripping from her body from wounds inflicted by the white-necked male. “Yeah, I guess he was all black, apart from his stupid neck,” she replied half-heartedly, trying not to think about it too much. If she pretended that it had not happened, that it had all been a bad dream, then she would begin to believe such a lie, eventually.

His interest did make her wonder, however. Did he know the male that had attacked her mother? If she had not seen his handiwork firsthand on someone she cared about, she would have bristled and decided to take him on herself and to ‘teach’ him a lesson. Fortunately, she had seen what he could do to one she revered so completely. If he could do it to the wonderful Tokyo Chance, then he could probably do it to the also wonderful Princess Chance. “What’s your interest in this guy? Do you know him? He’s awful mean. . . I saw what he did, and it was bad,” she added, just incase the strange man didn’t know what the male with the white neck could do. It was unlikely that the man didn’t know, but she felt it was her place, being a pack wolf and a secondary victim to this male, to tell the stranger about him. Maybe this stranger was looking for a fight, and that’s why he had asked. If that were the case, Princess thought it would be a good idea.

She heaved a sigh, still annoyed by his warnings. She knew to be careful. It didn’t mean she was always careful, but she did know that she was supposed to be. “Okay, so you still don’t get it. I’ve already been out there. I ran away at three months, and then me and my brother - same age as me - lived alone for four months, and then I left him to come here, all alone, and no one ate me. Okay? So I’ve been out there. I’m still alive,” she added, for effect. She hadn’t been completely cautious; in fact, her very nature probably had irritated many that could have taken her out completely. But the fact of the matter was that she had been out in the “big, scary world,” and she was still alive. “So thanks for the warning, whoever you are. And to everyone else that’s warned me, too. But maybe you should be worrying about whoever almost got raped instead of me,” she added, narrowing her eyes.

[/html]
[html]

Lol, it's alright. Grumpy old guy and kid with a tude are always a funny combination xD

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Corvus. His thoughts were confirmed then. The male had made at least one attack on a member of Dahlia de Mai. Dammit. Suddenly he felt as if hours if not days had been shaved off the time he had to find the man before Cwmfen went looking for him. She wouldn't be able to stand by while he attacked the members of her pack. It would go against every instinct that she had. He almost wished that she was not so brave and selfless, but then he remembered those were two of the reasons he loved her. Two of the reasons they were able to be together. The thoughts that ran through his head though, as always, were well hidden. To someone such as this girl, it would have looked like he was contemplated everything in the world or nothing at all.

Then questions came that he did not mind answering. It was when things got too personal that he became disgruntled. The situation with Corvus was personal, but it was also distant as well. Destroying that man would be a fulfillment of his mission in life, a greater victory he would not have known. Perhaps even if he did succeed, he would not know such a victory as that ever again. "Looking for him. Tracking him down. Intend to kill him." Easier said than done of course, much to the coyote's annoyance. "Have fought with him twice before. Next time will be the last." He left out any mention of protecting Cwmfen. That was not something that she needed to know. Besides someone like her was likely to say something to the wrong people and that could put his lover in danger. The fewer people who knew about them the better.

Oh, he didn't get it? That was laughable, that is if Onus were the type to laugh. This girl was so head strong and stubborn it was clear that she would be the type to need a rude awakening to snap her out of her ideas about her safety and the world around her. "You've been lucky then. Luck doesn't last. Not forever. You should be prepared when it runs out." It was clear she wasn't the cautious type, so her well being so far could only been attributed to luck. She had never been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the odds were against her. The coyote almost scoffed at her last comment. "Not worried about her now. Because I stopped him and took her home. She's safe there." Just as you're safer here, you little brat.

[/html]
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i39.tinypic.com/2dtbofn.jpg); width: 520px; height: 482px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 2px; position: relative; left:102px; top: 40px; width: 290px; height: 384px; z-index: 4; overflow: auto;">

Sorry it's a little short; I was posting in silence. ._. 341 words.

Eyes widening, Princess looked back at the stranger. “Why are you going to kill him? Is it because he’s bad, and keeps attacking people? You seem to recognize him and all. . . Who is he?” She paused, unsure if she really wanted to know the answer to her next question. “How come he attacks people?” The question was necessary, even though Princess was unlikely to appreciate the answer. Her mother had not said much about it, but she knew that her mother wouldn’t antagonize someone into attacking her. Tokyo Chance was beautiful and brilliant; she wasn’t going to do something stupid like make someone angry to the point that they attacked her. . . Right? The idea was not one she liked, but when she thought of it, it was probably something Tokyo could do. She did, after all, have one marvelous temper, and was as stubborn as her daughter.

The young girl was safe from the one that had tried to rape her, and despite her selfish nature, Princess was glad for that. No one deserved to be raped, no matter how many times they put themselves in the way of that danger. Tokyo had been almost-raped, as in, wanting to stop, and that had resulted in Princess and her siblings. . . And judging by what had happened to her siblings, Princess knew rape to be a horrendous act, used on the smaller females of the world. “I’m glad she’s okay,” she mumbled, trying desperately not to lose her indignation. The stranger was right, she supposed, on her good measure of luck. No one was so amazing that they were able to avoid all forms of trouble at all times - not even her. It was an unpleasant thought, that she might one day fall victim to someone that she had been warned about. However, if this stranger was going to kill the man that had attacked her mother, then maybe some of the pack members wouldn’t constantly tell her to be careful. She hated hearing those words.

[/html]
[html]

no problem!

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Onus' gaze focused on the girl more acutely, his head turning to face her squarely. Otherwise it would have been fairly impossible for her to know that he was looking at her. Though even with his head turned it didn't necessarily mean she was the focus of his attention. His periphery was well trained and he could see his sides almost as well as what lay in front of him. But in this case she was the focus for he felt no danger closing in around them. "Yes. Because he is a criminal. More than a criminal. He is pure evil and my mission is to rid the world of such evils." She would probably scoff at that. Many people did for they were too narrow minded to comprehend his purpose. "His name is Corvus Vendetta." The next question he paused before answering. Should he tell her the truth? Or stay silent? He doubted that Cwmfen had kept the fact that this man was her father away from the high ranking officials of her pack. He supposed there was no harm. "He wishes to cause pain and suffering. He needs no other reason. He is also after one of your members. He wants something from her. Something that should not be taken."

After how bullheaded the youth had been he was mildly surprised to hear her express her gladness for Mati's safety. Perhaps this girl wasn't so bad after all. Maybe she was just in the midsts of that selfish mindset that most seemed to gain at that age. Onus never had, but he had been far from a normal child. He felt there was nothing to say in response to her statement though, she he simply nodded. The man intended to return to Crimson Dreams at some point and check up on her. Though admittedly he wanted to wait until he had some sort of news to bring as well. And he hoped that news would be of the crow wolf's demise. That would be the best balm for the traumatized girl's troubled mind. It would bring relief to her and doubtless many others. Especially Cwmfen.

[/html]
[html]

324 words.

Corvus Vendetta. Her mind repeated the name with a foul taste. That was the name of the man that had attacked her mother. Even his name sounded unpleasant. Princess did not doubt the stranger’s words of how bad he was, but she did not quite understand what he meant by it being his mission to rid the world of those ones. Did that mean he killed them, or hurt them? The idea was foreign to her, and it did not make much sense. How was he ridding the world of evils by killing them, if that’s what he did (which it sounded like it was), when killing was wrong? Considering the idea, she decided that it was acceptable for him to rid the world of the bad ones, even in a way that was normally considered bad, because he probably only got rid of the bad ones. . . And judging from the one he was hunting right now, Corvus, then he only went after the bad ones.

What she also didn’t understand was why he would make that his mission, and not have help. . . Unless he did have help, but he had not actually indicated such an idea. “How come it’s you doing this whole. . . Ridding thing? Do you have help, or do you do it alone? And how come?” It was genuine interest, considering what had happened to her mother, in the past and very recently. The idea that Corvus wanted something from a member of her pack was terrible. She couldn’t imagine what it was that he wanted. Sure, Dahlia de Mai was full of those with nice things, but, nice things could be found elsewhere. “Who is it, and what does he want? Why does he want it?” It probably wasn’t Tokyo, because the white-necked male probably would have taken it from her the day that he attacked her. So who - and what - was it, then?

[/html]
[html]

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

The more the conversation went on the less abrasive the young girl became. Maybe he had been too harsh judging her at first (though, wasn't he almost always?). Sure it was clear she had a bit of a temper on her and needed to learn to watch her mouth, but she didn't seem at all like a bad kid. One that just still had a lot to learn about the world around her. It was this change in his opinion of the youth that made him more receptive to answering her questions. They were going back into the more personal realm of the coyote, but it more about his mission than him exactly, so he was willing to talk about it. "It is my purpose in life. Many do not understand but they do not need to. It has nothing to do with them." He had no reason to justify himself to anyone. He worked for a higher cause. "No. Do this alone. Have always been alone." That statement was only partially true now, but in his mission he was alone.

The next questions were ones he did not feel like answering, at least not wholly. If it had been any other case involving any other person he would not have been so hesitant. But this was Cwmfen. This was his lover. And he felt it was not his place to divulge any specific details. "Not my place to say. He wants to use her body because he feels he has some right to it. But none has any right to another's body." And that was all he was going to say on the matter. If she wanted to snoop out the rest of the info then she was welcome to, but she would not receive any more from him. This was Cwmfen's life and it was not his place to discuss it with members of her pack. If she wanted to share then she could. But Onus had a loyalty to her that he would not risk breaking.

[/html]
[html]

351 words.

To think about being alone always was sad, but Princess was a much more social creature than this stranger seemed to be. He seemed content enough to be alone with his mission, and though Princess still did not quite understand why he had given himself this mission, she supposed he had the right to be alone on his mission. “That seems so lonely, though,” she mused aloud, mostly to herself. She had been alone for only a little bit of time when she had been searching for her mother, but it had been sad enough. During that time, she had missed Buttface terribly, and was worried about finding her mother. Even with something on her mind, as she assumed this man’s mission was often on his mind, Princess had been lonely and scared, sad and longing for company. Did this man ever feel that way? She imagined he probably did, once in a while.

Nodding her agreement, Princess decided that, for once, she wouldn’t ask more questions on the subject. He seemed pretty insistent on not saying more, as his words had been spoken with a great deal of finality. “I hope that she, whoever she is, is okay, and stays away from him, then. . . I’ve seen what he can do, but you probably have too, and it’s scary.” Thoughts of her mother’s injuries sprang to mind again, and she nearly shuddered at the images. “I should probably go soon, to check on my mom and all that stuff,” she said, pausing for a moment to recall their entire conversation. Throughout the entire time they had been talking, they had not yet exchanged names. Princess didn’t find that to be very polite of herself at all, so she smiled shyly, almost afraid to tell him her name. She seemed to have gotten mixed reactions about it thus far. “I’m Princess, by the way. . . Who are you? If you don’t want to tell me, though, I’ll understand,” she added quickly, unsure of how he would take to her asking. Maybe he didn’t want to tell anyone at all.

[/html]
[html]

Guessing we can close up in the next couple posts Smile

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

It was a lonely life, the one he lead. It always had been and he had never truly craved or desired the company of others. From some of his earliest days he had been feared by others because of something he could not control. The only person he had ever been close to in his youth had been his mother and she had turned on him with the intent to kill him. Him, her only son. Because she believed him to be some demon. After that he had been shut down emotionally. All those urges to seek comfort around others had been cut off. Only with his relationship with Cwmfen had they started to grow again. Though even now it was only her company he wanted, no one else's. "Perhaps. But have always been alone. Suits me fine." He was not a social creature and he never had been.

Yes, he had seen what the crow wolf could do. He himself carried evidence of it on his own body. The scarred tissue on his neck and shoulder twitched with the thought of it. Whenever he thought of it it always seemed to do that. Twitch. As if in recognition that it was being acknowledged in his mind. He had almost died the night that wound had been inflicted upon him. But he hadn't, thanks to Cwmfen and the medical attention of that dark wolf. Onus nodded his head to her words about the situation, finding no verbal response necessary. "Of course," that rough monotone replied. It was good that this girl was looking after her mother. It didn't sound like the woman had received any near fatal injuries, but injuries didn't have to be that bad to cause a lot of pain and difficulty.

As she asked his name he was impressed by what she added to the end. Perhaps this girl, Princess, was better able to understand him than he had first given her credit for. Indeed, as the conversation had gone on she had softened and was much more likable. It was for these reasons that he felt comfortable giving her his name. Very few were allowed to hear it from his own lips, but she had shown her worth in his eyes. "My name is Onus."

[/html]
[html]

Annnnd, she's out. :3 346 words.

Thinking about it for a few moments, Princess scrunched up her brows unintentionally. Unfortunately, she had a tendency to make strange faces when thinking, if only because she was too distracted to focus on making appropriate faces. “Well, I hope that someday you find someone to be with, so you’re not completely alone. Company is nice, even if it’s only one other person,” she added, thinking about the some months she had spent with only her brother as company. And the girl really did hope that this man found someone to keep him company, even if being alone suited him. Nobody deserved to be completely alone forever and ever, no matter what their mission in life, or what they looked like, or who they were. Just as she hoped he found company, she hoped to find more than just her mother to be around frequently. Tokyo was company, but the underlying fear would always be there. She supposed that was why she hoped her brother would come looking for her.

Smiling, Princess nodded, deciding that his name was not very strange. There were many people here with strange names, but his sounded nice. “It’s nice to meet you, Onus,” she said, attempting her most polite voice and tone. “I have to get going, though. . . But maybe I’ll see you again sometime,” she added, musing aloud. If she did come across him again, maybe she could ask him further about his mission, and what he meant by the statement of the cloth. But for now, she was content to know that he was one of the good guys, and that he was relatively friendly. As she turned and reluctantly crossed Dahlia’s marked borders, she waved a good bye to the man who was no longer a stranger, Onus. Curiosity arose once more as she wondered who the black and white wolf wanted something from, and what that something might be. Asking around was probably a good way to start her search, but she did so wish he had just told her more than he had.

[/html]