the light's gone out inside
[html]
mall-caps;">this table was touched by Misery

Her first instinct to his touch was a shudder. Not that it was unpleasant, but that it was unexpected. Her eyes of bright, strong green traveled up his arm and finally rested on his face. Fretfully she attempted to make herself presentable, one hand wiping the tears off her cheek and the other tentatively reaching out to grasp his hand. "I wasn't expecting anyone..." she whispered, as if to justify her state. It was hard to speak properly without the hitch in her throat. How could she not handle this better? This, life without her daughter, she had lost time and time again and yet it hit her just as hard now as it ever had. With a long, drawn out sigh she scooted over, dropping her hold on his hand instead to give him room to sit if he wanted. She leaned on her legs, hands toying with themselves without her knowledge. "She wasn't even my daughter - but she should have been. As much that touched us and twined us together, we deserved one another." She said, and tried to laugh. She failed. "I buried her today, out by the Syemv house on a rise where she could see it and the sea always. I.....I hope she'd like it. I think she would." She was unaware of the dirt on her body, and the fact that she had left the shovel out by the grave. Eventually, she'd return and retrieve it, and place a proper burial stone there marking Phasma's grave.

Looking at the much younger male she paused, wondering how he was doing. "I'm sorry Valentine...it looks like every time we run into each other, I just smother you with words..." Was it really a bad thing? Sometimes Fatin thought she was too outspoken, and didn't hold enough inside. however, she could not find a way to hold herself in. She wanted to lean on others, she just simply wasn't strong enough to hold her own head up.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread