Bring me joy, bring me peace
[html]

ooc: Yay I used the word of the day XD and I'm a poet and I didn't even know it lol

Her sensitive ears had been so intensely focused on the sound of the rain that she hadn't heard the sound of someone stepping onto the porch, going to the door and then walking over towards her. However, when a familiar voice uttered a greeting along with her name, her half-folded collie ears perked in mild surprise. "H-Heath?" she questioned in disbelief, lifting her head from its resting spot atop her pulled up knees. "Were you coming to visit me?" She couldn't help but ask, for she had been hoping that someone would come visit her today, to distract her from how low she felt about herself. How fortuitous that it should be Heath, the very male who had been periodically occupying her thoughts for the past few weeks. Still pleasantly surprised, the ivory and merle female brushed her long, bangs out of her face, her pale blue gaze lingering in the direction of the male's voice and scent which she normally would have smelled before he had reached the porch. She blamed her current state of mind. Although, she didn't really blame herself for not hearing him, as the rain falling on the trees and bushes of the verdant landscape surrounding the house.

There was really no need for the young Duchess to dwell on why she had not sensed Heath coming, for she was very happy that he was here, shown by the immediate brightening of her countenance. A smile had formed on her ivory furred muzzle and her ears were perked instead of flat against her head in distress. She had even managed to stand up to greet the male properly. "How have you been?"her soprano voice stuttered timidly. Excited as she was to see him, she was understandably a bit nervous. She couldn't explain why, but every time she had thought about Heath since there first meeting, she'd found herself smiling, or blushing, or doing something else giddy or goofy. Fortunately Jac hadn't caught her acting in that manner. He might have started to pry and she would have had to tell him, because she always told him everything, even though sometimes she didn't want to. He had that way with her. She was his obedient, loving follower.

Ruri's thoughts only lingered on Jac for a moment, however, before returning to the male standing before her. Had he seen her acting depressed? Of course he had! Would he ask questions? She really didn't want to retell the story of what had happened, but she doubted she would refuse if he asked. Perhaps getting it off her chest would help her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread