Bring me joy, bring me peace
[html]

The rain fell steadily upon the lands of Cour des Miracles as Duchess Ruri Aceline sat, mulling over recent events which had left her feeling frightened, angry, sad, and, to a lesser extent, depressed. Jac had forgiven her, yes, and that did make her feel much better about what she had done. However, that still couldn't hide the fact that she had been taken advantage of by the pack's number one enemy. She doubted the male would have crossed their borders to speak with any other of her packmates. However, it had been her, not someone else. She, the fragile, blind, helpless female had been the one he had come in contact with and she had been foolish enough to speak with him without so much as notifying one of her friends. One really couldn't blame her for feeling useless and weak, or for blaming herself.

The fact that she hadn't really told Haku anything of value didn't make any difference to the ivory and merle female. She had been, for all intents and purposes, trapped during in a situation that she had unwittingly created. A sigh escaped her mouth as she sat there, her back against the outer wall of the house, her form protected from the rain by the overhanging roof of the porch. Her knees were tucked up to her chest in her traditional, self-soothing posture, her long, straight hair cascading across her huddled form in blue-gray waves. Ruri was barely even paying attention to the rain, whose music she loved to listen to as it pittered and pattered on different surfaces. She was in her own, self-loathing world at the moment. Jac wasn't there to comfort her, he was likely off, either doing kingly business or simply hiding from the rain with a flagon of some form of liquor keeping him company.

For a moment, her thoughts turned from herself to her beloved friend and king. Her drooped, half-folded ears, perked for a moment as if expecting the sound of Jac's lumbering footsteps to come sloshing across the muddy ground. She wished he would come and ask her to sing a song for him, or talk about some random topic of his choosing. She would have enjoyed feeling his strong hand gently patting her head, or ruffling her ears. But he wasn't here. Nobody was here, that she knew of. Perhaps someone would show up, and drag her out of her depressed state. While she wasn't thinking about it now, deep down she hated being upset and if someone came by and said hello, she would gladly perk up. However, when left to her own devices, especially after what had happened recently, the usually cheery border collie girl had been unable to think of anything but her personal failure.
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Storm clouds hung overhead, a nasty color that matched the deep sea. Gray as his coat and milled with the same blacks and highlights that had been painted though his own fur. And with their presence came rain, a light veil that cast a hazy shroud over the world his honey eyes gazed upon. It soaked the land he walked on, the sand clinging to his footpaws, the fur on his body fell smooth from the rain. Fingers worked through his damp tattered mane. It was wild and unruly as always, but he had cut it recently and the effort gave him a small dose of confidence.

He wondered why he had chosen such a day to venture back into the packlands even if it always seemed to be raining. He did not fear this place; well more so he did not fear the consequences of his entry. The last battle he had waged left him slightly battered and bruised. New scars along his face where evidence of it. They would heal and the fight had been a short but fulfilling one, but the lanky male was finding it harder to recover from the scuffles and no smile came to his face as he thought of them. He walked easily through the boarder, the familiar scent filling him as the air changed. It was hard to ignore the feeling this place gave. Security. Comfort.

The journey was short, and Heath passed the place where he had met the owner of these lands and walked beyond the sandy beach. The sound of the high tide drifted from his ears, though it still could be heard if he searched for it. The soft tapping of the rain, and the quiet sounds of the thin tree line and his light form moving though the undergrowth filled his ears. The house stood among the nature born things, and he stopped. He looked at it as if he hadn’t expected it to be there, right where he had left it weeks ago. He had been hiding her from his mind and memory, though now there was nothing else that filling his thoughts.

Eyes on the front door, the male gathered his composure and thought hard on what he would say and what his reason for being here was. Stepping from the shelter of the trees he walked silently towards the porch. Stopping before the steps Heath lost all confidence. It was foolish, he didn’t belong here and it was wrong for him to seek her out. A paw went to his face, and he cringed at the harsh touch against the new cuts along his cheek. He turned to leave before he embarrassed himself, and as he did a figure came to view. Beside the house, not far form where he had met her and in a similar position. Mind frozen in place the male found his body moving, turning to face her. And then he was closer, though not too close.

He smiled, though only from the knowledge that she was indeed before him instead of another pack member. Unable to yet recognize that she was far from well he spoke, Hello Ruri. and as the words passed through his mouth his smile disappeared, for she wasn’t well.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Yay I used the word of the day XD and I'm a poet and I didn't even know it lol

Her sensitive ears had been so intensely focused on the sound of the rain that she hadn't heard the sound of someone stepping onto the porch, going to the door and then walking over towards her. However, when a familiar voice uttered a greeting along with her name, her half-folded collie ears perked in mild surprise. "H-Heath?" she questioned in disbelief, lifting her head from its resting spot atop her pulled up knees. "Were you coming to visit me?" She couldn't help but ask, for she had been hoping that someone would come visit her today, to distract her from how low she felt about herself. How fortuitous that it should be Heath, the very male who had been periodically occupying her thoughts for the past few weeks. Still pleasantly surprised, the ivory and merle female brushed her long, bangs out of her face, her pale blue gaze lingering in the direction of the male's voice and scent which she normally would have smelled before he had reached the porch. She blamed her current state of mind. Although, she didn't really blame herself for not hearing him, as the rain falling on the trees and bushes of the verdant landscape surrounding the house.

There was really no need for the young Duchess to dwell on why she had not sensed Heath coming, for she was very happy that he was here, shown by the immediate brightening of her countenance. A smile had formed on her ivory furred muzzle and her ears were perked instead of flat against her head in distress. She had even managed to stand up to greet the male properly. "How have you been?"her soprano voice stuttered timidly. Excited as she was to see him, she was understandably a bit nervous. She couldn't explain why, but every time she had thought about Heath since there first meeting, she'd found herself smiling, or blushing, or doing something else giddy or goofy. Fortunately Jac hadn't caught her acting in that manner. He might have started to pry and she would have had to tell him, because she always told him everything, even though sometimes she didn't want to. He had that way with her. She was his obedient, loving follower.

Ruri's thoughts only lingered on Jac for a moment, however, before returning to the male standing before her. Had he seen her acting depressed? Of course he had! Would he ask questions? She really didn't want to retell the story of what had happened, but she doubted she would refuse if he asked. Perhaps getting it off her chest would help her.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
XD

He had once wondered who lived in the house with her. If was Jac, or if Svara lived there too. Someone must, this he had pondered days before, watch over her. It must be Jac, the packs king, he must be the one she sought comfort from. The smallest spark of jealousy had risen at the thought, even if Heath though him a charming and alright guy. Heath had been unsure what he would make of him, but once he had opened up he saw that the male was just as he was. Maybe a bit more eccentric, but similar. But now he thought of no one and nothing that stretched further then the female seated beside the house. It was a curious concept, how he seemed to let all other thoughts fade and letting them go with no hesitation.

She spoke his name, and her surprise made him smile and lightened his heart. Yes. He spoke with a uncharacteristic calm. Who else would he be looking for? A question meant for his own thoughts. No, he would not hunt Jac down, not yet anyways. And Svara had left an impression but not the kind the blind woman had. He sought her out, something he did for those he trusted. He only looked for two things in his roaming sort of life, answers and company. He would take both from only those he trusted. She brought her hair back, away from her face and Heath watched her thoughtfully and without looking away. Exposing her fair features Heath saw the light sky eyes that moved in his direction. And when her hair moved back, she opened herself to the air, as dim and dark as if might be. Her white blue dappled coat shone bright beneath the roof's shadow. For a moment they caught sight of his, but passed over them in an instant. It drew him in, and the male took hesitant steps closer.

His words were more confident now, Better. He felt it honest, the pain his family placed on him no longer stung as harshly. I have seen most of your home here, and met some of your packmates, including Jac. He had always known Haven, but Svara and Jac were new to him. His voice was light, and he wore a smile as he thought of the experiences, though only briefly. His attention returned to her, and his smile faded as well as it presence in his voice. He approached and sat beside her as he had before. He kept his hands to himself though, learning from past experience. The concern was deep in his tone, And you?, he asked with a politeness that only she saw from him. He was still uncomfortable around her, but it wasn’t the sort of discomfort that he wished to avoid. It was something that made him second guess himself and search for the right thing to do or say, the best thing.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

shoot, wrong account again. I've really got to stop doing that. Oh well, I used the right table at least...Sorry Alli I'll use the right account for the rest of the thread ^^'

Ruri smiled and blushed at the same time Heath sat down beside her. She did not turn away, for she did not know that the warmth rising in her cheeks produced a pink color as a visual indication of her timidity. When he spoke about meeting Jac she smiled once more. "He's great isn't he? Did he like you? Or rather did you like him?" she asked, curious to find out whether the male had found Jac pleasant. She certainly hoped so, for Jac was her best friend and Heath was quickly becoming a good friend of hers. If they both got along well, then that would be perfect. Her smile however, faded quickly when Heath inquired about her wellbeing. She did not blame him for asking. In fact, she had practically encouraged him to ask her by asking about himself. However, that did not make telling him any more pleasant for the blind female.

"I'm better, now that you're here. However, I've been very upset lately," she began, mentally preparing herself to explain the recent events that had led to her distress. "I got in trouble the other day. I wandered too far and met...unintentionally of course...I met Haku Soul our pack's number one enemy for what he did to Svara. He asked me a question about the pack, although he originally had intended to ask me a lot of questions, then he left. I answered his question, and then returned back home. You see, I agreed to answer the questions of our pack's number one enemy. I couldn't refuse, however, since I had wandered too far from the house and I didn't know my way around. So I couldn't run. On top of that, I didn't call for help when he came up to talk to me. Jac had issued an order that no one was to interact with Haku and I disobeyed. Svara was upset at me and told me that I could have died for being so stupid. Jac forgave me, but I still feel horrible," she finished, her soprano voice carrying a dejected tone. "I hate being so weak and helpless. Haku was able to ask me questions because I couldn't refuse and run away. I can't do anything without somebody else's help and I'm stupid. I don't normally tell people this, but sometimes I get angry with myself. I feel like I'm a burden on everyone else because they always have to watch out for me. Jac's used to it, but everyone else isn't, and I feel bad..." she trailed off, her chest heaving as she caught her breath. She'd been talking almost non-stop and Heath was likely overwhelmed by all the information she had just given him. It had been just like the first time they had met. He had asked a simple question, expecting a simple answer and Ruri had told him everything without really even thinking.

The ivory and slate gray collie girl was unsure as to why she felt compelled to divulge her problems to Heath. He made her feel comfortable, like Jac did. In fact, he was the only person, besides Jac, that she ever had spoken to about her personal problems. In all honesty it both confused her and calmed her to know that she had been able to get everything off her chest. However, she was still upset, and her posture showed it. She had pulled her knees back up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them and her half-folded ears were pinned back. Her plumed tail was curled around her form as best as possible, further adding to the curled ball that her physical position resembled.

[/html]
[html]
I don’t care what account you use, the writing is all that matters. Big Grin !! <3

Gold eyes watched her, it was as if he couldn’t look away. He didn’t need to, she would not know if he stared. But it was more then just that knowledge; he saw the warm color rise in her face, only a hint of rose beneath the thin white fur that covered her cheeks. Part of him said to look away, but he didn’t. A small part of him wanted to touch the soft fur and feel the heat under it, but he didn’t do that either. He knew better then to touch her, though he needed to be reminded often. Her tone was light, and she smiled. It was then that his eyes tore from her face. He looked to the ground, as the feeling over came him. He wanted to make her smile. He wanted to make her blush, grin and laugh. The oddest part, the part he didn’t understand the most is that he didn’t care what it would make him. I like him very much. He grinned, thinking of her friend, their friend. He’s a great guy, and I think he liked me too. Honey hue orbs rested on her face, just in time to watch the grin fall from her face. He frowned as she did. And her words poured as he remembered they did from her soft mouth.

He didn’t like this. Didn’t like that she was upset and before he knew what was happening within him he was growing angry. This male, Haku Soul, how could he take advantage of her; use her for his own benefit. What sort of fiend would do such a thing? It was obvious that she was blind, and he used it to his advantage. As she spoke Heath was forced to look to the ground, knowing that he could not look at her with such intensity. He thought of Svara, the ragged young female who might have been beaten and scarred at the hand of this male. Her pause made him look again, and it was then that she spoke the worst of it. Heath did not want her to be angry with herself, and he did not want her to hate who she was. Her concern was a real one, one that he was sure he would feel if he had lost his sight. But she was not like him; she was too beautiful to ever be a burden on her packmates. Her trailing words led to her draw her legs close, hold her body together as if it was about to fall apart.

There was silence, and Heath found that he was calm and the rage that he thought was about to overwhelm him was controlled, though still very present. He shouldn’t have done that. Heath began, the anger seemed to flow through his words, but once they were in the air his fury left with them. He shouldn’t have taken advantage of you, Ruri. The words were lighter, easier. He even felt a sweetness in his tongue as he said her name. She took up too much space in his mind for him to even imagine what he would do to the male if he met him. Later he would think such grotesque thoughts. She hadn’t done anything wrong, she had only done what she could to survive and no one should be upset with her. Svara suddenly fell away as a friendly acquaintance. You should never to made to feel helpless. Be it a stranger or packmate. His eyes took her in, letting the feeling that she gave him fill his chest. He examined it, but it came up undefined and a mystery. The next things he said had been turned over in his mind, and still he faltered as he fought to find the perfect syllables. Never feel bad for the ones who keep you company and watch over you. Your too good, sweet to be unappreciated. And that was it, she was too good. Her heart to pure and him to scarred. He wondered if that was why she made him feel different.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

Ruri's ears perked when Heath responded to her overflow of words. She didn't really blame Haku for what he did. He had been polite to her at first, until she had started to get scared, then he had left in a rather agitated mood. "I don't think it was his intention to take advantage of me. I think it's more the fact that he could have that makes me upset. Being vulnerable because of my blindness irritates me," she replied, her collie ears immediately flattening once more. However, when Heath spoke of what he thought of her ears perked up in surprise only to fall flat yet again in timidity, that same warmth and pink color rising up on her cheeks. "That's sweet of you to say. Jac told me something like that the other day. I guess I just forgot," she gave a quiet laugh brushing away the hair that had fallen back into her face. It wasn't because she couldn't see, for she regardless. She just didn't like the feeling of the hair in her eyes and on her face. Hearing Heath say something so nice to her made her feel good again, though still a bit irritated with her shortcomings. "I appreciate what you said Heath. Jac usually is the one who makes me feel better when I'm upset, but he hasn't been around here for a few days. You knew exactly what to say to make me feel better, and that means a lot," she replied, unwrapping her arms from around her knees and allowing her posture to relax. Then, similar to how she had done so before, the blind girl moved her hand in Heath's direction, her delicate, white-furred fingers outstretched to clutch his hand. However, this time, Heath would have to put his hand in a place where she could feel it, for she did not know where it was.

The pitter-patter of the rain was nothing but a pleasant background noise that played along with the events unfolding between the two optime's. Ruri's sensitive ears were drowning out almost all the outside noise, waiting to hear Heath's voice say something yet again. The only other person she waited on so readily was Jac. She was unaware that she was waiting with baited breathe to hear the male's voice, and to feel the touch of his hand. Such feelings were generally unfamiliar to the innocent, young duchess of Cour des Miracles. However, despite their unfamiliarity, Ruri didn't shy away from those feelings, but rather sought them out.

[/html]
[html]

He began to question his intentions, his reaction towards her. Was this a mask? She knew not the things he did, or who he was and yet his said theses things to her. Types of things he had never said to anyone. Yes, he could be pleasant and was normally nice to those that didn’t pose as a threat or a challenge. But not like this, not genuine. He didn’t want it to be a shadow over his normal self; he wanted this to be who he was, even if it was just with her. He wanted to be a male that said what he felt, and could be kind and gentle. As she spoke his listened, watching her and reading her posture. She spoke just as loudly in her form as she did her words and voice. Her scent even seemed to change, the moment she became scared or nervous. Everything about her seemed to surround him, her scent the sound of her voice, and the sight of her.

He wanted to change it, fix it for her. But no one would ever be able to that, and it brewed a small fire of anger in his chest. He didn’t even know how he could help her. He did not belong here, had no claim and no home. Maybe he would hear her, be close enough to hear her voice if she ever called. He could stay close, and wait, listening for the slightest hint of her voice. The male stayed silent, watching as she let her face be shown. Its true, and I mean it. His voice soft, and oddly kind. He hadn’t said it just to say it. Or because he knew that she would like the words, he knew what to say to make her happy but this was something that he truly believed in. He saw her hand, the white of her palm against the merle hue of her coat. It searched for his, and he watched it with his honey colored gaze. Slowly, the black furred paw reached for hers. He was tentative, but touched her soft hand with his rough scarred paw. He waited for her to jump at the touch, knowing that she could be uneasy with such contact.

Someone told me you have a singing voice… The boy bravely spoke, looking at their contrasting hands. He would wait till she held it before applying any pressure. He could tell know, just as she spoke to him that her voice was made for singing. He smiled, thinking about her abilities rather then the ones she lacked.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

The ivory and merle female couldn't help but blush a deeper shade of pink when Heath affirmed his sincerity. He was sweet, and she liked it. When he touched her outstretched hand, she inhaled briefly in pleasant surprise before wrapping her delicate fingers around his scarred paw. That was all she did, was simply hold onto his hand as tightly as she could. She didn't want to let go for fear that this might be a dream and his presence might just disappear. As she held his hand, the blind optime absentmindedly moved a bit closer to the male. When she realized how close she was to him, she could have leaned on his shoulder, like she did with Jac, but she restrained herself for now. She was unsure of what she was feeling, but everything she felt told her that she wanted more of it. Heath made her feel special, like Jac did, only a little different. It puzzled her, but she was to focused on holding Heath's hand, and simply being close to him to really contemplate why.

When he mentioned her singing she giggled timidly. "I...I do like to sing, and Jac likes to hear me sing," she stammered nervously. "Would you like me to sing something?" Her pale blue eyes wandered aimlessly in Heath's direction, her half-folded ears perked inquisitively. Earlier today she had not been in the mood to sing, but Heath's visit had changed that. Jac usually was the only one to request songs from her, but if Heath was willing to listen she would sing until she could sing no more.

[/html]
[html]

He saw the tinge of crimson beneath her pale thin fur along her face. Heath wondered what it meant, and if it was good or not. He felt the rise of heat in his face when he looked at her for long moments, thinking deeply and watching her smile. But also when he was embarrassed. He hoped that what she thought, what she felt was a pleasant as what he did. Though, he wished she did not hold the same confusion. Her intentions were too pure to ever be questioned. She did not jump at his touch, and he smiled unknowingly deeper. He let his own fingers close around her small soft hand, gently as if he feared he hurt for unblemished paw. He was surprised when she moved closer, sitting still as to not startle her.

She spoke of Jac, and he felt his smile fall. He felt the male was someone that he connected with, be friends. But even as he tried so hard to control it, he could not help but feel he also held the heart of the little female. But who was he to claim such a thing? To even believe he wanted to, that he was worthy of such a thing bordered on ridiculous. Jac was so special to her, and if he could be too then shouldn’t he be happy with that? Finding that his smile was returning the male spoke, I would love that. If Jac liked it, then he would love it. And if Jac was more the just her king, more then just the one she had been searching for with tears in her eyes, Heath would need to find a way to live with that.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

she's singing the song called "The Call" by Regina Spektor. It's the song from the end of Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I couldn't find a youtube link, but that's probably because I didn't look to hard

When Heath said that he would love to hear her sing, Ruri smiled happily. For the first time in the entire day she felt like singing, and it was a feeling she loved. She especially adored singing for those who wanted to listen, and Heath was one of those people. Her brow furrowed for a moment as she contemplated which song to sing for Heath before she finally thought of a song that she thought sounded pretty enough. She would have sung Fields of Gold, like she had at the pack meeting, but she had remembered a different song that sounded equally as pretty. She did not know the name of it, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was singing it well so that Heath would like it.

So, after clearing her throat, Ruri loosed the lovely lyrics with as much of a melody as she could manage with only her voice and the words. Her useless, pale blue eyes were shut as she focused intently on the song she was singing. She finished the entire song in a few minutes before opening her eyes again, not that it made a difference. The ivory and merle femme took a few deep breathes before turning in the direction of the male whose hand she still clutched tightly. "D-did you like it?" she questioned, her half-folded collie ears perked curiously. The delicate female didn't think she had messed the song up in any way, but she might have. What if he didn't like it? Oh that would be horrible. She didn't want to even think about it.

[/html]
[html]
ohhh I found it! xD … should be wrap this one up? Heath is just about accepted!! Maybe we could have one after that…?

He waited patiently, but found that he was eager to hear her sing. The male couldn’t remember the last time he heard anyone sing, it must have been very early in his puphood. Ruri rose to the challenge, and he could tell that something grew from within and radiated from her features. It was a sort of confidence, a determination that he had yet to see from her. Remaining silent as she prepared herself Heath watched intently, noticing the changes that occurred on her face and in her body. No longer did she look like someone trying to hide within themselves. It might have been the feelings that he had shared with her, but it was obvious that she was entering her element as she prepared the words for the song.

Bright eyes closed, and she unleashed a voice that he couldt only describe as beautiful, though even that was not satisfactory enough to truly express it. The words flowed from her mouth as if she was part of each syllable, peaces of her heart and soul pinned to each of them, exposing them to the air with a faith-filled courage that Heath could never match. Her voice distracted him from the lyrics, but once he could look past it he heard the story within them. He smiled again, as he did so much when with her, and listened. It was a slow melody, but it sent her voice high and low. She sang of war, of leaving and of the return. It was fitting he thought, suddenly feeling that he when he left it wouldn’t be the last time they saw each other. He was sure he would return.

She questioned him, and Heath found that he was still lost within the song. Yes. He answered. Gold eyes looked from the light sky that she wore to the hands that held each other. He moved him, letting their fingers intertwine before bringing his other light hued paw to trace the outline of her ivory hand. He wished he understood how he felt when he sat with her. He wanted to know that this was who he was and it wasn’t something that shadowing his true self. Everything about her was different, her lack of sight, her fur, her features, her voice. But he could not believe that those things alone were responsible for the feeling she gave him. His words were lost, Its left me speechless. he confessed.

table by req
[/html]
[html]

Okay, it can be done now. I just thought I'd add something in there to make Heath-bar feel good. We should definitely do another thread after he joins. That will be fun (I envision a very happy Ruri)

The delicate female smiled when Heath answered that he liked it. Her entire countenance seemed to glow with pride and happiness that she'd picked the right song and sung it well enough that he enjoyed it. When he went on to say that he was speechless, she giggled quietly, her cheeks colored rosy red in a blush. "That's okay...you don't have to say anything," her soprano voice quivered in an almost nervous tone as the ivory and merle femme leaned in a little closer to Heath before wrapping her other arm around him in an embrace. "Thank you Heath...you really helped me. Its hard for me to talk about my problems, even with Jac, and he's practically family for me. I can't think of anything else to say, except thank you, Heath," she whispered, resting her head on his shoulder for a moment, her delicate, feathery furred arms wrapped around him in a gesture of heartfelt gratitude, and perhaps something else. As she laid her head on his shoulder, her long gray hair cascaded down next to her, brushing against his back. She hoped he understood how much his presence had helped her. If he hadn't come to visit her today she likely would have sunken deeper and deeper into her depression only to try and hide it from the rest of her packmates when they returned. With him, she didn't feel like she had to constantly hide her problems just to try and make everyone else feel good. She could talk about them, and make herself feel better while making him feel better too. She held her embrace for almost thirty seconds before releasing her gentle grip on the male. The only other person she ever hugged was, of course, Jac, but that hug had felt completely different to the affectionate embraces she would give her close friend and king. Touching him made her feel...strange and wonderful in a way she could not yet describe. She only hoped that Heath did not mind and that he would keep coming to visit her on a more regular basis.

[/html]