She ran until her feet refused to hold
[html]

Sorry for delaying some more Sad And uh, tl;dr? 300+

Brooklyn was losing precious time. In anger, she started pacing in front of her sister, her coat billowing behind her, revealing faint marks where the Darkness had touched her. She had said nothing, had nursed herself back to health on her own, keeping the wounds clean as best she could. There was no proof that they were infected and they'd stopped hurting a while ago. There was nothing to show now but missing patches of fur and faint pink scars. Things her coat could easily hide. Like, apparently, her mother had hidden her addiction. When Mati gave her story, Brooklyn stopped, frozen in place. So. Just as Savina had said, that was where she and Cambria had been. It changed nothing. "I do things all the time that I shouldn't. Haven too, before he moved. You can't be all innocent either. Who's to say we aren't endangering the pack? Who can say what should and should not be brought here? Momma is a healer!" Strawman argument, and she knew it. The human drugs did nothing to cure, to help.

"Were they quick to jump and throw people out? Do you know, once, Salem nearly drowned out on the lake? Savina saved him. Why wasn't someone watching him? If we're all responsible for the three new pups, we should all get the blame. I spoke to her, Mati, and she didn't seem evil. She's a good mother, she always was. She made a mistake." Brooklyn hated how her family was falling to pieces. Anu and Naniko breaking up, Salem running away, Haven becoming an alcoholic, the horrible truth about their father, all of it leading up to this. She couldn't take much more of it. She wanted her sister at her side, helping Naniko, not condemning her. When Mati confirmed that she believed their white mother had been innocent, Brooklyn saw her opportunity. Her eyes blazing, she turned and gripped her sister's shoulder, slouching somewhat to make sure they could see eye to eye. "Mati. Help me find her. We can help her, save her." Ever the prince, Brooklyn, regardless of what others had said.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread