so I'll love whatever you become
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... enban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

^=^~
700+

It took several moments for the black fae to realize that she had laughed at all, for, with her brooding silence, laughter came so rarely these days. But such a thing seemed to come easily in his presence. As he agreed to her final number, a quiet smile graced her maw. Her tentative gaze moved from the man she loved to the fish once more, and she quietly continued to eat. She was glad that he was here today not only because she appreciated his help, and sometimes it was difficult for the woman, but because she simply loved him, and she found that his presence calmed her in a way that not even silent nature could do. As the last of her second fish was consumed, a hand went to her large stomach. Often, she did such a thing now, as if that were somehow a way to communicate with the unborn life within her. Sometimes she could feel them moving inside her, and that was the strangest feeling. But right now they were still as if also enjoying the presence of her lover. She reached for the third.

"I do not tire of it," the alto countered quietly. "I haven’t really eaten fish before." The meat of fish had a unique taste that was unlike any deer or hare. On the fields of ice, she didn’t really fish or go near the waters that were so cold. If she could find the remains of a polar bear’s meal, she would eat that, although she did not personally have a liking for the meat of seal. She had eaten hares, sometimes even the carcasses of unlucky foxes, which had a particularly bad flavor. But strangely, she had never eaten fish. Occasionally, as she descended into unfrozen lands, she had tried what the bears did without much success. Perhaps it was because there had been no one to teach her otherwise, but fishing in the shallower river waters had not occurred to the younger Cwmfen. But then, impatience had been a familiar thing, and she had needed the next meal to survive. And once in unfrozen land once more, she did not have to eat the meat of canines that she had killed to survive, though she had refrained from eating other wolves.

"I usually hunt with a bow, but these days my Spear is more...ideal," she finished. The woad warrior did not necessarily think of a spear as a hunting weapon, but it was easier on her body to use it than to push it to endure the time of drawing back the bow. The first time she had tried, she was sure that she had nearly undone what had been healed and so she had not used it again since then. "I can teach you if you want to know," the soft alto continued, the white eyes watching the male. It made sense to her that he did not know the uses of weapons. Unlike her, he did not require the use of weapons. The warrior was not so arrogant as to believe that she could defeat all enemies unarmed, for she understood that she was that biologically lesser gender. "But you must teach me to fish." That was what she wanted to know in return. She usually didn’t hunt while in her optime shape, but when healing, fishing seemed ideal. And since she had watched him, it had caught her interested. Unlike reading, it seemed like a practical thing to learn. Perhaps he wouldn’t mind teaching her such a thing.

Her white gaze was locked in his, and it was love that was held within those pale eyes. A gentle smile was given to those words. But as his hand brushed against her, she flinched involuntarily. It was a sudden movement, but slight and practically indiscernible. She knew, however, that he would have felt it. Her lowered gaze found that the water had felt it too and moved with small ripples against the solidarity of her legs. She did not like to think that what had happened had rendered her in such a way, but the black soot had settled within her, covering the brightest of places. Her hand reached out to catch his before he could move away, and with a soft murmur, she said, "I’m sorry."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread