Lean on me
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... orse_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Haven registered Ruri's hand resting on his shoulder, but even that didn't abate the magnitude of his sobbing. It was the worst pain in the world. Nothing could ever hurt so bad. While he had never gotten any serious phsyical wounds, he knew that they couldn't possible be so painful. There was something you could do, something simple, to make a cut or scratch better. There was nothing for this though. Nothing could take the pain away from this. Nothing would ever make it heal completely. Just as he hadn't healed completely from finding out about his father. That shadow would always be hanging over him, and now this one would as well.

After a few moments the young hybrid leaned into her touch. He wanted more contact, a comforting embrace or something. But despite how much he wanted it, he didn't feel right initiating that kind of contact with Ruri. He knew that she didn't really like to be touched much, and he understood this and didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Gasping in deep breaths of air he tried to stabilize himself enough so he could speak again. Jac had done his best to listen, but he and the King came from very different mindsets. "I d-don't understand...I gave h-her everything. E-everything I c-could...but it wasn't enough..." Haven had given himself the coyote body and soul and she had discarded him like he was meaningless. Like what they had shared had meant nothing. It was a stab in the back and even know he could feel the twisting of the blade.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread