The Most Loneliest Day of my Life
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table7.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
WC: 419
Twas nothing! I hope I didn't bug you with my overeagerness. ;P Poor Vigi...

A sudden touch on her arm caused her to flinch, meeting the stranger's earthy-green eyes. She swallowed guiltily, staring wide-eyed at the strangely-marked wolf (or was it dog?) who seemed to apparate from nowhere. How long had he been watching? "It's... belladonna," she whispered softly, moonlight washing her face pale. "You know, nightshade... you should probably go."

She could already feel her heart fluttering rapidly, irregularly, leaping and thundering in her chest. At first she thought it was because this unfamiliar canine was close, too close, but she quickly realized that the toxins were already setting in. She didn't want an audience. She didn't want to burden this fellow too, like she burdened everyone else. She could no longer hear the crashing of the ocean below the cliff, only the roaring of her own pulse. Shakily, she reached out to brush his face with her trembling fingers, unafraid for the first time in far too long. "You... should..." She licked her lips, trying to finish her sentence, but she could no longer remember what it was she was trying to tell him. Her pupils were dilating, blackness swallowing the sky-blue of her irises. It was too late.

The slender werewolf slumped onto her back, her hind legs twitching and shaking uncontrollably. A sharp pain lanced in her abdomen, a fierce stabbing sensation that burst again and again, writhing in her insides. This was no peaceful way to go, her mind admonished her from a detached distance. Poison was one of the most violent deaths she could have chosen. She panted shallowly, struggling to breathe as her heart sped on ahead, faster and faster. It felt like everything was spinning out of control, her dizzied mind unable to process what was happening. A cold numbness began to leach from her fingertips, paralyzing her trembling body as the neurotoxins wreaked havoc on her fragile frame. Discharge spattered from her flared nostrils, leaking down her frozen face. She was unaware, however, as the hallucinations had taken over her unseeing eyes.

"Ah... Anu... Anu, you came for me...? Th... n... no, it's Haku... no... b-blue eyes, both of you..." Her voice slurred as she mumbled, body falling still into numbness, limp on the grassy clifftop. Only her legs continued to tremble and weakly flail, like a cruel satire of a dreaming puppy trying to run. Her stomach continued to burn and throb, unable to reject its volatile contents. Why had she swallowed that devil's bloom? Temptation had gotten the better of her again...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread