let the rain of what I feel right now come down
[html]
WC: 535
Even if you're quick like a bunny, I'll end up slow as molasses... so don't worry about rushing me. =P

Unaware of the doubts that raced through Anu's mind, believing her own tarnished soul to be far blacker than the pure-hearted dryad before her, Coli felt a small tremble chase down her spine at the touch of the senior wolf's wet nose. Her bold advance had not been rejected or ignored, but returned in the best possible way. Her stomach turned flips, nervous excitement making her light-headed. It was all so new to her, and so many unfamiliar desires tugged at her insides, urging her to be greedy and beg for more contact. Her damp Lupus pelt made her feel heavy and a little cold, and her treacherous mind conjured the image of her entwined in a warm embrace with the lighter-furred General.

Coli had to close her eyes and think for a moment, drawing deep breaths of the dizzying scent to try and focus. Was her pack still blind to her? Well... Firefly and Svara had both left some time ago, and they had been her greatest antagonists. Haku had ignored her existence since their one and only confrontation. Cercelee had tried to make amends, although she was still busied by her mate and their adopted children. Auntie Mew was always friendly.

On the flip side, Deuce and Willow had abandoned her. Sankor was gone. Rath's visits were less and less frequent, and she feared he would soon leave for his mountain home. Her only other friends were pups, most of whom she had only played with once. How to answer a question so direct? Things might be easier for her if she was more outgoing, more willing to stick her neck out... or even answer the door. Didn't that make her isolation her own fault?

"Some things never change," she replied softly. "You... still see me the clearest." Her loyalties might be confused and torn, but she was really leaning towards leaving the flower pack behind. Her garden was in sore neglect anyway, choked by weeds and damaged by the flood rains. And since Anu was a leader here, she would be guaranteed a home, so long as they remained on good terms. It was sorely tempting. Being around her, the female she dreamt about so frequently, all of her troubles seemed so faraway and petty.

This giddiness that coursed through her young body, it gave her so much optimistic energy. Just moments earlier she had been ready to crawl into a hole and die because Anu had not appeared to want her around. Now all she was doing was resting her head against the slim wolf's breast, and she felt like she could sprout wings and fly, she was so light. Anu was made of magic, she was sure of it. Too much contact and she would melt into quicksilver, a shiny puddle to be swallowed by the earth, never to be seen again. "Ah... Anu, I think... there's something... you should know," she stammered, peeling herself away from the addictive embrace. Colour blossomed beneath the pale fur of her cheeks, hesitation shining in her expressive blue eyes. This would not be easy to admit to, but surely it had been long enough by now... surely she knew it was the truth...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread