Lean on me
[html]

ooc: Words:302

Ruri felt Haven lean into her hand as he continued to sob. Then he choked out something about not understanding why she left after he had given her everything. Hearing that Ruri almost cried, herself, out of sadness for her friend. However, she did something else instead of crying. Reaching with her empty hand Ruri felt for Haven's other shoulder, and once she felt it she quietly turned his body towards hers, wrapping her thin arms around him in an embrace. "It's okay, just let it out," she whispered in his ear, her own, blind eyes closed to stop her tears from trickling down her face. She hugged him tightly, because he needed it. Haven needed this form of supporting contact, and for Ruri it was all she could do to keep from sobbing along with him. This embrace was different from those she shared with Heath and Jac. This gesture was meant for one purpose, to give Haven something to hold onto, something to cling to as he sobbed.

"You're a good person Haven: brave, friendly, compassionate, and much more. If she didn't appreciate that, then she didn't deserve you. This pain you're feeling...it'll fade and be replaced by someone who loves you, everything about you, with every fabric of their being. Don't ask me how I know that, because I can't tell you. I just know..." she whispered, her own voice shaking as she spoke, fighting against her to break out in sobs along with the young knight. The delicate Border collie believed what she said with all her heart. She knew Haven would find someone else, far better than Siobhan, who would never ever leave him. She wasn't very experienced with relationships herself, but something inside her told her that what she had told Haven was right.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread